Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] [SOLVED]map compile final "some textures doesn't show up"

Hi, I have a problem when iI compile a specific map in final xonotic aprouved mode.
There is some textures at some places that doesn't show up. Let see the images to compare between compile single and compile final.
[Image: tOWRhbw]
[Image: tOWRhcA]

I have modified lights on different ways, I had add a sun, I took of a sun, I placed 2 suns, I took off half of the lights, I took off all lights, I changed intensity, radius, I set up lights as I saw in afterslime maps, I tried to use ".map.option" files from evil space map and also the one used for xoylent map... I have used google (as always I do). I'am stucked!

When I compile single for the 3 steps, it missed the shadows but all transparents textures effect works. I have tried all xonotic aprouved compilation mode and I got the same result.

I have about 30 warning
WARNING: Styled light found targeting light2
and tons of
WARNING: Hit per-surface style limit (4)
and after compile the program has writen 82 "lm_0**.tga in the "mymap/maps/mymaps/" directory and I think (I am sure) it is too much! too many tga files.

I don't really anderstand what happen but I guess one of our experiment mappers can help me to get ride of that.

I guess you just used too many (different?) styled lights. I think you can use up to 4 of them in a close area.
ydnar Wrote:It means that your map has too many styled lights in close proximity, affecting nearby surfaces.
It's just a warning, however, and the unused styled lights will just not affect the surfaces.
To correct it, eliminate the additional styled lights, or use the same styles on multiple lights.
(from the Splash Damage Forums)

The grey tiled looking textures mean that is something wrong with the shader. Either there is a missing texture or you wrote a wrong shader.

EDIT: The cause why you have so many lightmaps (tga-files) is that all the styled lights generate different brightnesses, and this needs some more lightmaps (one for each "frame"!).

ydnar Wrote:It means that your map has too many styled lights in close proximity, affecting nearby surfaces.
It's just a warning, however, and the unused styled lights will just not affect the surfaces.
To correct it, eliminate the additional styled lights, or use the same styles on multiple lights.
(from the Splash Damage Forums)

I found that on the Net an I did take off all the lights! (I think i did!)
May be I just had a dark map and I started over with a previous copy of the map with all the lights! I'll check it out tonight.

(07-05-2011, 03:00 PM)Maddin Wrote: The grey tiled looking textures mean that is something wrong with the shader. Either there is a missing texture or you wrote a wrong shader.

Just to specify that this a 4 sides brush with the same texture on each side and the texture does not show up on all side! the shader is good Because it is the same as the 4 big towers and it is the same as the big forcefeild in the bottom of the map.
I think it is related at what you pointed me at (styled light) uphere and downhere.

(07-05-2011, 03:00 PM)Maddin Wrote: EDIT: The cause why you have so many lightmaps (tga-files) is that all the styled lights generate different brightnesses, and this needs some more lightmaps (one for each "frame"!).

I'am not sure what is a styled light, I saw in lots map when editing them. a 5force light and just beside a 90 force light linked to a null target for light direction. The same patern at all 3 or 4 meters aside where a visible lights could be seen in the game.

....¤....¤.....¤....¤....¤..... null target
....|....|.....|....|.....|.... link
....*....*....*....*....*.... light 90
....*....*....*....*....*.....lights 5
I've done the same thing were I had little spot lights.

Well,
I have made so many tests maybe I forgot the result with only few lights. I'll test it tonight and thank you Maddin for your reply, that's give me a bit more confidence in my self. I though some magical think was on me to make me fail :-)
I'll tell you all about the result.

You are new to mapping, right? I also had weird problems at the beginning; sometimes it´s just like the devil is teasing us. Tongue

(07-05-2011, 05:09 PM)Maddin Wrote: You are new to mapping, right? I also had weird problems at the beginning; sometimes it´s just like the devil is teasing us. Tongue
Hurra!
Thank you again Maddin, you helped me, everythings is good I compiled a new nice map. You where right on all you said.

You are right, I am new to mapping, I start it because I wanted a specific map for xonotic. Dokujisan asked me last year if I wanted to map so recently I answered to myself "why not!" and I stopped to play and I spend all my spare time to map. I have 3 maps on the grill and I have models and textures to do for some of them. Happily here I find all the help or informations I need for my new "playground".

Why do I already know this feelings... ?Rolleyes

This websites may be interesting for you (and other mappers), even though they are for Jedi Knight/Quake3:
Map-Craft - Tutorials
RichDiesal´s JK2Radiant Mapsource

(07-06-2011, 11:09 AM)Maddin Wrote: Why do I already know this feelings... ?Rolleyes

This websites may be interesting for you (and other mappers), even though they are for Jedi Knight/Quake3:
Map-Craft - Tutorials
RichDiesal´s JK2Radiant Mapsource

Wink

DarkPlaces does not support styled lightmap lights. Lightstyles only work for realtime lights (see: rtlights file, r_editlights). This is likely why it fails for you.

In fact, Q3A already has no support for lightstyles, but there is a hack in q3map2 that makes them work by a kind of texture blending. This hack does not work for DarkPlaces.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Change mapinfo to make a CTF map a CTS map. Bhagwa-Yodhak-69 3 2,307 09-08-2020, 06:03 AM
Last Post: _para
  [NEED HELP] Need old rifle model(solved) Kotangens 8 3,149 08-27-2020, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
Question [NEED HELP] How to create warpzones? (solved) Kotangens 10 4,626 08-19-2020, 07:05 AM
Question [NEED HELP] How to use textures for radiant(win version)? (solved) Kotangens 4 2,892 08-12-2020, 01:33 AM
  [SOLVED] Textures don't load at other side of warpzone bananovenc 6 2,983 06-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bananovenc
  [BUG] some textures won't load with git builds lister 2 2,444 01-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: LuckyStripe
Question [NEED HELP] can't build netradiant (SOLVED) bananovenc 7 4,418 12-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: illwieckz
  [NEED HELP] cl_gunalign doesn't seem to work on some servers/maps Aguaumreal 2 2,494 09-10-2019, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant doesn't compile on Mac nokko 3 2,705 03-29-2019, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  [BUG] The game seems doesn't recognize virtual 7.1 noctiveqc 2 2,150 02-17-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: martin-t