Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release

For the 0.5 release, I basically handled pretty much all of the PR work... and i've never done that before. I am an amateur at best regarding this, hence why we are only doing this well considering how great our project actually is.

Honestly, we're still doing REALLY GOOD relative to a new opensource project. For example, compare our playerbase to that of Red Eclipse (which is essentially just as new as us, though we have a stronger and larger development/private community) and relatively we're doing just as good in this free-games opensource market. The question is, why do people still play the inferior outdated games instead of their obviously better successors? (Red Eclipse vs Saurbraten, and Xonotic vs Nexuiz)

Let us work on bringing over players from Nexuiz to Xonotic. That is perhaps the biggest thing right now... still, everyone needs to realize something: Nexuiz didn't get its entire playerbase in just a few months. We only JUST had a good and respectable release, we cannot expect thousands and thousands of players so early without much PR work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release - by Samual - 10-16-2011, 06:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEED HELP] After a successful build & compile (0.8.5): This script is not properly set up yet. John 1 380 01-27-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: John
  dynamic enverionmental lighting/electro issue darthrevan 6 6,059 01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Last Post: darthrevan
  Still no release? psychcf 21 22,963 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Last Post: pyr0