Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xonotic Quick Cup #4 (DM/Free for all)

Xonotic Quick Cup #4 : DM (ffa)
Quick facts:
- Free for all Deathmatch
- EU server (will be hosted by asyyy for this event)
- Max. participants: 16
- timelimit 15, no fraglimit
- Mappool : Afterslime, Solarium
- Date/time: 13h May, gathering starts at 7 pm CEST (or 7pm gmt +1), games starts at 8 pm CEST
- The cup will be played on sunday evening only (one day cup)
- Admin: atm just Cortez
- Skill level: not required
- Sign-ups: here in this thread. so i get an overview how many people are interested.
- IRC: #xonotic.pickup

Modus:
The player will be separated in 2 groups (max. 8 players). Then they will play their games. First Group 1 and then Group 2. The 4 players with the most frags of each group advance to the finals. The winner will be the one with the most frags in the finals.

The Group games will be played on Solarium. The final game will be played on Afterslime.

Questions? Don't hesitate to ask them.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I'm interested for sure. Tongue Can't tell yet if I will be at home.

Quote:I'm interested for sure. Tongue Can't tell yet if I will be at home.
Same for me.
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

I'm not a tournament level player by any means, so I gotta ask: Why those maps? I would think Glow-plant would be a far better choice than Solarium.

Not criticizing, just trying to find out if there's something I'm missing.

(04-22-2012, 02:46 PM)W4RP1G Wrote: I'm not a tournament level player by any means, so I gotta ask: Why those maps? I would think Glow-plant would be a far better choice than Solarium.

depends on what answer you expect. the non serious is, because i said so.
But thats probably not what you want to hear so, the serious answer. My main target is to use official maps. These should be capable for 8 players. Indeed Glowplant fits for the described stuff, but the problem is that the game mostly takes place in the area with stairs (mortar and crylink) and on the outside. The items are also rather close each other. Solarium doesnt have that problem. the important items are scattered over the map.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Ok, wasnt sure it there was an actual reason behind the map choice or if it more or less random. Thanks for the answer Smile

Hey this starts 7 pm? I might be able to join this o.O if the game starts at 8 pm CET and I only have to show up once at 7 pm I might make it. Cool!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I'm interested too.

(04-22-2012, 11:39 AM)Sless Wrote:
Quote:I'm interested for sure. Tongue Can't tell yet if I will be at home.
Same for me.

Me also. 3 weeks in advance is too far for my schedule planning ;-). (though I'll try my best to be online then)
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(04-23-2012, 02:54 AM)Halogene Wrote: Hey this starts 7 pm? I might be able to join this o.O if the game starts at 8 pm CET and I only have to show up once at 7 pm I might make it. Cool!
Yes the games start at 8pm. I set the start for the irc gathering one 1h earlier, so there is enough time for everything.

(04-23-2012, 03:55 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Me also. 3 weeks in advance is too far for my schedule planning ;-). (though I'll try my best to be online then)

Well, its better to announce it too early then too late.

(04-23-2012, 04:29 AM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 03:55 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Me also. 3 weeks in advance is too far for my schedule planning ;-). (though I'll try my best to be online then)

Well, its better to announce it too early then too late.

Can't argue with that :-).
(don't get me wrong - personally I'm cool with planning even months in advance, but my gf loves to break such long term plans with her lack of long term planning and spontanic 'important' events :-P )
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Sounds fun. I'd be down to play.

Bump!

sign me up! Smile i want some ffa action Smile
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

rofl

just a question - what irc network is #xonotic.pickup on? Freenode?

Quakenet

Thx for the info

Bump. The cup will start later this day.

[0.6]. Xonotic Deathmatch QuickCup Tonight 7pm CEST .[GER]
88.198.17.137:22390

3 hours till the games start. 2h till the gathering starts

Good games, everyone who participated ;D

Here are the results:

Group 1:
[Image: 6qiumoxgup7t4hn1kd6c_thumb.jpg]
Group 2:
[Image: 4hnle0h5o7sb7mxgk3w1_thumb.jpg]
Final:
[Image: 4p4f0xvbs9akpaz6z_thumb.jpg]

Great final, very close match. Good initiative Cortez, thumbs up for hosting the event!

was fun! Big Grin gg wp guys! Smile
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ZenSports x RJZ 2v2 TDM cup #1 RazorDodger 0 1,235 08-18-2021, 02:12 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  [FEFU] Xonotic LAN Duel Cup AriosJentu 1 2,170 10-12-2020, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  ZenSports mock Duel Cup kanyeshrayz 0 1,813 09-23-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
  ZenSports Xonotic Duel Cup 5.000.000 SPORTS prize. kanyeshrayz 2 4,182 09-17-2020, 06:13 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
Star DOXA TOURNAMENT - Xonotic 2020 DUEL CUP zeroql 24 16,072 04-26-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  3v3 CTF/Insta+Hook Cup Sl@va 7 5,454 03-03-2019, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Sl@va
  2v2 TDM Cup | RJZ Cups ccCam 3 3,166 01-31-2019, 10:05 PM
Last Post: wxyzzyrd
  Ch4mp's Xonotic Duel Cup #1 PayTheBill 1 2,875 01-15-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  LETS GO SLAP ONLY CUP! thimo 3 2,693 11-29-2017, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Lightbringer
  Xonotic World Cup Series Major #2 Mirio 15 10,146 07-22-2017, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Mirio