Create an account

Poll: Like idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! I Want It! Now!
15.38%
6 15.38%
This could work... but I have some suggestions.
2.56%
1 2.56%
Neutral! I don't care about having this weapon!
12.82%
5 12.82%
Don't like it that much! Maybe as a part of an existing weapon!
12.82%
5 12.82%
No thanks, not for this game.
56.41%
22 56.41%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
[SUGGESTION] NEW WEAPON: Plasma Rifle

Star 
Special thing:
Two Crosshairs! one is about 2.5 times bigger then the normal one and the other one has the normal size!

Primary:
- crylink secondary (or HLAC primary) like!
- fires single projectiles (they should be green Big Grin) with fast refire and more damage than the crylink secondary projectiles
- When the enemy is in the bigger crosshair the projectiles turn (a bit) to him!
- It is not a long range weapon!!!
- explode on collision (like the old electro primary but not that powerful)

Secondary:
- Shots bulbs (like the electro secondary)
- Takes a while to charge the bulbs: 1s one bulb; 1.9s 2 bulbs; ...
- maximum of 4 bulbs
- bulbs only fly a bit longer then the electro ones
- bulbs "lock" (like primary; only a bit) on the enermy (fly in his direction)
- bulbs stay for a short while (about 0.7 seconds) before exploding (mortar secondary)
- explosion is as big as the RL one but greener!
- 4 bulbs do a damage of about 120 or 130.

The smaller Crosshair is only for the shooting direction (the nearer you shoot the nearer you hit Wink)
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

you poll lacks a "no" option, that what would get my vote. it sounds kinda fun, but it does not fit this game IMO

you're a mod, aren't you? Wink could you add it?
sry simply forgot it Rolleyes
MY NOOB STATS:

done

I was sorta hoping the name of the nex would change to "plasma rifle" or something similar in Xonotic. Anything but "Xon gun".

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand the two crosshairs. So far, this sounds like a mix of crylink primary + old electro secondary.

But, I see two features...
- Not long distance.
- Explodes on collision.
that don't really sound like a rifle to me.

(09-25-2010, 12:24 PM)tZork Wrote: done

thank you! Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

Too much like tag seeker minus the tagging.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

(09-25-2010, 02:01 PM)Dokujisan Wrote: I was sorta hoping the name of the nex would change to "plasma rifle" or something similar in Xonotic. Anything but "Xon gun".

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand the two crosshairs. So far, this sounds like a mix of crylink primary + old electro secondary.

But, I see two features...
- Not long distance.
- Explodes on collision.
that don't really sound like a rifle to me.

I agree Smile Don't get why two crosshairs, and genearlly how is this supposed to work Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

its too similar to the existing stuff

cool, but not really that needed, maybe for variety.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Maybe as a weapon for similiar to Minsta 'PR" mode? Wink
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

if Plasma Rifle was in Xonotic.. IT WILL COMPLETELY LOOK LIKE HALO

Basically a plasma gun just like in UT99. That would be cool for fan remakes of classic maps (like Deck 16][, though HLAC would work best for a remake of original Deck 16 due to it's resemblance to the stinger), but I don't see it as necessary right now. As for the nex, how about gauss rifle? It is a railgun and it does appear to be magnetically powered.

Nex should be called Railgun... (Its like twins)

the name of the original model was "Ion rail driver".
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Actually -- I implemented the plasma rifle on Crylink secondary before, but then it was later changed to be "more suiting to the Crylink" and less redundant with other weapons (Although this once actually is true.)

It was really fun but hard to balance and was similar to many other weapon functions... so it was just changed to have spread and lowered refire etc etc.

Anyway, as a separate gun: Absolutely not... But maybe HLAC could use some attention ^_^

(11-14-2010, 01:32 PM)theShadow Wrote: the name of the original model was "Ion rail driver".

Oh. that was a wired name for a weapon. good name for a vehicle istand.

I do like the idea. But IMO, this should not be a new weapon. And instead done by balancing the Crylink into such.

Damnit, i want homing plasma balls that lock on the target.
4m038105 - Be the change.

That's one thing Xonotic doesn't have: a fire-and-forget weapon. Maybe homing plasma balls could be this?

I don't want to add any more weapons unless they're unique. The HLAC is redundant right now (and possibly on the way out) so maybe we could replace it with a homing weapon?

Also another unique weapon idea I had is kind of a cross between rife and fireball. If you hit someone, the shot itself won't do much damage but they will burn for a while after getting shot.

And hitscan explosions are an option.

I think we have plenty of material to make the HLAC unique/make a unique weapon to replace it.

^^ okay maybe this was off topic but I didn't really feel like it needed it's own thread.

(03-03-2011, 02:15 PM)nowego4 Wrote: That's one thing Xonotic doesn't have: a fire-and-forget weapon. Maybe homing plasma balls could be this?

I don't want to add any more weapons unless they're unique. The HLAC is redundant right now (and possibly on the way out) so maybe we could replace it with a homing weapon?

Also another unique weapon idea I had is kind of a cross between rife and fireball. If you hit someone, the shot itself won't do much damage but they will burn for a while after getting shot.

And hitscan explosions are an option.

I think we have plenty of material to make the HLAC unique/make a unique weapon to replace it.

^^ okay maybe this was off topic but I didn't really feel like it needed it's own thread.
That's what she said.

(03-03-2011, 02:15 PM)nowego4 Wrote: That's one thing Xonotic doesn't have: a fire-and-forget weapon. Maybe homing plasma balls could be this?

Agreed. IMO, this (and the plasma rifle idea) could be solved by tweaking the Crylink balance, and possibly making one of its firing types have slower projectile speed for example.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,807 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [BUG] Sniper Rifle Can Shoot Through Walls Space Ace 3 2,811 03-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Last Post: Julius
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,672 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,658 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,141 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,069 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,556 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,153 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon damage Damasco 17 14,398 07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Last Post: ShuffleShot
  [SUGGESTION] Share your opinions only on weapon balance! rocknroll237 67 52,290 02-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo