Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mastering game music

Hello!

I'am right now listening to all tracks in second poll:

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1063

And I've noticed that they have sligltly different volume levels (and bass levels). I'am no expert but maybe there could be something - maybe ReplayGain? - that would make those as close to each other as possible in all tracks, so players won't have to constantly change music volume while playing beacuse one track is superloud, and another is rather quiet...

What do you think, mr. Community?
Am I bothering you for a reason or not?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Yeah I noticed that too when I listen to tracks while I'm at work (the style of music on these forums fits what I'm doing very well) and constantly leave my MP3 on repeat until I feel like changing tracks because of the different volume levels and the need to still hear everything around me while I'm running around the dish pit. Getting the volume levels consistent so that I don't have to do that on my MP3 player or change the volume every map switch would be nice.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

yer , i agree , so who wants to put their hand up? ,note that this is around the end , for the final release , WE CAN BE ROUGH TILL THEN Big Grin

:^

(10-04-2010, 03:39 AM)unfa Wrote: Hello!

I'am right now listening to all tracks in second poll:

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1063

And I've noticed that they have sligltly different volume levels (and bass levels). I'am no expert but maybe there could be something - maybe ReplayGain? - that would make those as close to each other as possible in all tracks, so players won't have to constantly change music volume while playing beacuse one track is superloud, and another is rather quiet...

What do you think, mr. Community?
Am I bothering you for a reason or not?

Yes, ReplayGain is supported by the engine, and before any track gets officially added, vorbisgain is run on them. So the volume level should be no issue.

Also, before a track is officially added, it may get some processing (e.g. loop points get identified and defined, if the track sounds like it can support looping back from the end).
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(10-05-2010, 06:05 AM)divVerent Wrote: Yes, ReplayGain is supported by the engine, and before any track gets officially added, vorbisgain is run on them. So the volume level should be no issue.

This sound like a good news, I'am not worried any more then Big Grin
(10-05-2010, 06:05 AM)divVerent Wrote: Yes, ReplayGain is supported by the engine, and before any track gets officially added, vorbisgain is run on them. So the volume level should be no issue.

This sound like a good news, I'am not worried any more then Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 675,268 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,192 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,805 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,383 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,148 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,107 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,607 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,049 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  I would like to use Xonotic's music in my Red Eclipse fork 98digger 3 5,716 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Orchestral music for Xonotic BuddyFriendGuy 9 13,972 07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy