Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Expertsetup AKA -=K1LL3R_B=-

Hi,
I found out about Nexuis while looking for engines based on ID tech GPL a few weeks ago and that lead me here. Ive got GIT from November compiled and running on my Linux box and it seems like an excellent OSS game.

Well I'm gonna go and play a few games and see if I can get a little better, I'm kinda rail fodder atm, perhaps I'll improve, lol.

O.K. just wanted to say hello.

(12-04-2010, 09:22 AM)Expertsetup Wrote: O.K. just wanted to say hello.

then what was the purpose of writing the rest of your post? Tongue

(i was joking)

Welcome!!!

[Image: OhHai.jpg]
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Keeping within the same theme...

Hello ExpertSetup! Welcome to Xonotic!

[Image: 47%20Hello%20There.jpg]

Thanks folks, awesome pics!

My friend and I ran into a Mama black bear in the forest a few years back, she had three cubs which is a lot for blacks. Awesome to see them in the back country. Funny part was that my friend was less than 30 feet from the Mama & youngest cub. The young cub treed it's self and the mama was standing looking around.

I caught my friends attention as I was about 10-15 feet higher up a ridge and could see the entire scene unfold while he was down in the brush and could hear something but had no idea he was so close to a mama and her cubs. Needles to say, when I finally communicated the situation, he backed out of there in a hurry, lol. A great time that weekend, we saw that same Mama and cubs twice more that weekend as we hiked around the canyon.

o.k. back on topic, this game Xonotic is great, I played my first online DM a few minutes ago and had a lot of fun, even if it was almost all bots.

Hey there, welcome to Xonotic!
Dont worry, you will see much more human beings online as soon as the beta comes out Tongue It shouldnt take too long, as far as i know its about 1-2 months from now.

Welcome Smile

Sooner then that I think (~1month), it's just maps now I believe, most of the main stuff is there.

P.S Need more quality DM/TDM/FFA maps Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Hey FraNcoTirAdoR & kojn^ thanks for the welcome.
TBH, I think I need the practice on BOTS, it's a lot easier in Xonotic but I never really mastered strafing. Sadly my own little brother slaughters me in Q3, I couldn't even get a frag. I asked him WTF, to which he replied, circle jump & strafe dude. I practiced a little bit but never seemed to get the hang of the key combos. I just couldn't get above rather modest speeds, even on circle tracks.. Sad I only made it onto the third platform circle jumping on trickhouse platform map, very sad.

I'm real excited to get in on the ground floor on the first release of Xonotic, it's gonna be great being there from the start, reminds me of 'back in the day' when I ran out to get a new AGP TNT with 16MB just so I could play the Quake 3 beta, it wouldn't run on my 8MB ATI Expert@play card, lol. If only I had played Q3 continually since then instead of returning to FPS last year, I wouldn't suck so bad in today's nearly all circle strafing environment. I have managed to get to the point where I am not normally last on Q3 FFA but still, a little sad when I celebrate being second to last.
"My right foot's bigger than the other one is like a regular zombie hoof. "

Make sure you watch this movement tutorial for Xonotic, movement is different to Q3, and you should find it easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SZgyP-0C0Q
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org