Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Heads up display thread

NOTES: Just to be safe, make a backup of your configuration file before trying these out so that you can easily revert back to your old settings. Any and all cfg files created by me (currently these are: hud_LeeStricklin.cfg, hud_UT99.cfg, and hud_ECKZBAWKZ.cfg) may be distributed under the same license as the game.

The panel HUD system allows for some really kick ass configurations in addition to the default one that somewhat resembles that of old-school Turok and Quake 2. I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread dedicated to HUD configs. Here's a few of them to mess around with:

Nexuiz HUD
----------------
This lays the HUD out just like it was in Nexuiz 2.5.2, complete with that cool looking dock at the bottom of the screen. To try it out, simply type in:

exec hud_nexuiz.cfg

Unreal Tournament 2004 HUD by Mircea Kitsune
----------------
Extract the following file into your My Games/xonotic/data (Windows) or Home/.xonotic/data (Linux) and then punch into your console:

exec hud_UT2k4.cfg

.zip   hud_UT2k4.cfg.zip (Size: 1.31 KB / Downloads: 88)

My HUD, mostly inspired by classic Unreal/Return to Na Pali
---------------
Extract the following file into your My Games/xonotic/data (Windows) or Home/.xonotic/data (Linux) folder and then punch into your console:

exec hud_LeeStricklin.cfg

.zip   hud_LeeStricklin.cfg.zip (Size: 1.21 KB / Downloads: 64)

Luminos HUD (Default)
----------------
Simply type into your console:

exec hud_luminos.cfg

Luminos minimal
----------------

exec hud_luminos_minimal.cfg

Luminos xhair minimal
----------------

exec hud_luminos_xhair_minimal.cfg

UT99-styled HUD
----------------
Due to some UT99 players I've known getting interested in this game, I've put together a layout they should be a bit more familiar with. I'd say it's pretty close to UT99's HUD. The radar placement was inspired by the compass in Jail Break.

To use this HUD extract the following file into your My Games/xonotic/data (Windows) or Home/.xonotic/data (Linux) folder and then punch into your console:

exec hud_UT99.cfg

.zip   hud_UT99.cfg.zip (Size: 975 bytes / Downloads: 49)

ECKZBAWKZ (WIP)
----------------
Mostly inspired by Halo 2's HUD. Still a work in progress, though I'm a little stumped at the moment on how to further work on it. Uploading as is for now.

To use it extract the following file into your My Games/xonotic/data (Windows) or Home/.xonotic/data (Linux) folder and then punch into your console:

exec hud_ECKZBAWKZ.cfg

.zip   hud_ECKZBAWKZ.cfg.zip (Size: 841 bytes / Downloads: 33)
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Got another one uploaded, see end of first post.

Oh wait.

adding screenshots of those HUDs would be cool, you know, to see what i am going to try, you know.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

BTW, it's not "My Games". For some reason local data folder resides in "Saved Games", at least on Windows 7, e.g. Sysdrive:\Users\username\Saved Games\xonotic\...
And, yus, SCREENSHUTS, where are they?!

Here's a massive pic with screenshots and labels for all the HUDs in the first post.

[Image: xonotichudslabelled50pe.th.jpg]

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  kojns video tips and creation thread kojn^ 10 15,166 03-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Last Post: deoxys