Create an account

Poll: The thing about North Korea is its unpredictability. You cannot say it will never do something.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, good idea
51.67%
31 51.67%
I like cake
38.33%
23 38.33%
No, bad idea
10.00%
6 10.00%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Show who is speccing you

Simple request. It would be nice to be able to see who is speccing you.
Or at least how many players are speccing you.

An optional part of the HUD.
Someone just told me a minute ago the spidflisk mod allows you to see who is speccing you.

Make it a server-side option. So it can be disabled on normal games and enabled on tourneys.
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

I think you got the name of the poll wrong Big Grin
Yes, this would be nice.
What is "spidflisk" mod and how do you enable it?

Yeah this would be nice.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

Even though it's a fairly cool feature. It makes speccing people you suspect of aimbotting rather ineffective.

(12-20-2010, 01:20 AM)Spummy Wrote: Even though it's a fairly cool feature. It makes speccing people you suspect of aimbotting rather ineffective.

And that's exactly why it should be disabled on normal games and enabled on tourneys.
- microsoft windows

I'd like this feature, but only if it was CVar'd on the server side, the spectator's side and the player's side. This way the player can choose not to see who is speccing them, the server can disable it altogether and the spectators can choose to be stealthy if they suspect somebody of aimbotting or do not want to creep the player out :S
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

hehe I'm watching you. SCUM.

Morrowind's a hell of a drug lol
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Cake.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

There are some people on here who don't like cake.

Such insanity makes me want to cry.

:'-(

Give any server admins the ability to exempt themselves from this feature and they will still be able to check for aimbots.

Even non-admins should have that ability to spectate someone without them knowing. That way, the amount of spectators on a 1on1 tourney match can automatically prove someone is not cheating. Just like anyone can "check out" anyone on a public server.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Also the amount of spectators on a 1on1 tourney match can automatically mean someone is cheating. Tourney matches are best played with specs flying around the map and tourney admins later reviewing the demo.
- microsoft windows

on a Tourney in this optional HUD window there could be sth like that:
Code:
spectators:
[LAG]Lagissimo, rainerzufalldererste, rainerzufallderzweite, rainerzufalldervomthrongefallene, chicken, someN00B, SPECTATOR123, Player, blablabla,...
how big would this optional HUD window be?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(12-21-2010, 12:01 AM)Dokujisan Wrote: There are some people on here who don't like cake.

Such insanity makes me want to cry.

:'-(
Yeah, i prefer pie.

3,141ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff1onetwelve....

(12-22-2010, 06:31 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: on a Tourney in this optional HUD window there could be sth like that:
Code:
spectators:
[LAG]Lagissimo, rainerzufalldererste, rainerzufallderzweite, rainerzufalldervomthrongefallene, chicken, someN00B, SPECTATOR123, Player, blablabla,...
how big would this optional HUD window be?

i'd suggest a popup with a scrollable output. Otherwise it could get messy with xenocryptic names.
4m038105 - Be the change.

When I brought this idea up with divVerent previously after checking out spidflisk code, I was given a resounding "No" -- but for good reason.

For example, someone who is cheating/performing something unwanted on the server could use this system to their advantage and know when to hide their cheat/bad actions which could get them banned. This is one major reason why it really shouldn't be done by default (or even coded into the game by default)...

EVEN THOUGH I love the idea personally and coded it for Nexuiz SVN back last year, really shouldn't be done.

That's why it should be a server option.

You can use speccing to get extra information you won't get using normal means. This feature may be used to catch the cheaters. It's better than to just disallow spectators for tourney games. And aimbotters etc would be caught anyway by tourney admins reviewing the demos.
- microsoft windows

Well the problem is that if we code it and still disable it by default, EVERYONE WILL ENABLE IT ANYWAY...

Although honestly it wouldn't be as much of an issue then, as NOW it's the server owners fault and he should know what he's getting into at that point. Still, doing this may help cheaters a lot in public matches...

I'm torn on it really Tongue Would perhaps be nice to get some perspectives from other coordinators?

Reasons why this is bad have been covered (evil players, etc)... so what are the good reasons? As long as it's not in 'match' mode (1v1 or whatevs), you can just ask who is speccin u (or say 'hey i'm speccin u'). In locked matches, I don't see what's so great about knowing who's speccin you. Isn't that just an unnecessary distraction? On balance, I'd say it's not worth having. As an option for match/private servers if you really want it, ok, but never for pubs/open games.
[wnt!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] The more you kill, the brighter you get Dokujisan 20 16,620 09-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Last Post: MintOX
  [SUGGESTION] Show forum moderation team esteel 8 12,589 03-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Dokujisan