Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEEDS INFO] Cant launch? ubuntu 10.04

from what I can tell you're just supposed to unzip and use the shell scripts correct?

when I try I get this
Code:
you have reached this menu due to missing or unlocatable content/data

What should I do?

You also have to make sure that your working directory is in the game folder.. The simplest to achieve that is to go to the game folder in a console before starting it manually from there..
actually, yeah the shell script should work without manually setting the working directory (i always wrote my own to do that - didn't even see there is already a script setup to do just that).. So maybe the script has a but.. Does manually changing the working dir and then running the executable directly work for you?
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

(01-25-2011, 06:03 AM)lda17h Wrote: You also have to make sure that your working directory is in the game folder.. The simplest to achieve that is to go to the game folder in a console before starting it manually from there..
actually, yeah the shell script should work without manually setting the working directory (i always wrote my own to do that - didn't even see there is already a script setup to do just that).. So maybe the script has a but.. Does manually changing the working dir and then running the executable directly work for you?

I'm not sure how to set the the working directory. Game consoles are quite foreign to me

You browse folders on a command line very much like you do in a gui. In ubuntu when you open the terminal, your current working directory will be your "/home/yourusername" directory. Commands you need to know to browse/change working directory:

"ls" - lists all the files and folders in your current working directory.
"cd" - change directory, as in "cd xonotic" to change your working directory to the xonotic folder, in the folder you were previously viewing.
"cd .." - will take you up one folder to the directory you were previously in.

Here's an example of how you might browse to your xonotic folder and run the game:

First, extract the game folder to your home folder, if you havent already. Open a terminal and observe the following commands (your paths/folder names will differ slightly from my own of course):
Code:
jaywalker@JayNix-Desktop:~$ ls
add-remove reconstructor list  examples.desktop  Nexuiz         Templates
AssaultCube                    FreeBasic         nvclock fan    Ubuntu One
BackInTime                     HALO              Pictures       umjnx.sh
BF1942.pid                     lmms              Public         UT2004
bz98                           mnjnx.sh          reconstructor  Videos
Desktop                        mprime            sauerbraten    www
Documents                      Music             Source         xonotic
Downloads                      My Games          Starcraft      xonotic-preview
jaywalker@JayNix-Desktop:~$ cd xonotic-preview
jaywalker@JayNix-Desktop:~/xonotic-preview$ ls
Xonotic
jaywalker@JayNix-Desktop:~/xonotic-preview$ cd Xonotic
jaywalker@JayNix-Desktop:~/xonotic-preview/Xonotic$ ls
bin64                 misc                       xonotic-linux32-sdl
data                  ogg.dll                    xonotic-linux64-dedicated
Docs                  SDL.dll                    xonotic-linux64-glx
fteqcc                server                     xonotic-linux64-sdl
key_0.d0pk            source                     xonotic-linux-glx.sh
libcurl-4.dll         vorbis.dll                 xonotic-linux-sdl.sh
libd0_blind_id-0.dll  vorbisenc.dll              xonotic-osx-dedicated
libfreetype-6.dll     vorbisfile.dll             Xonotic-SDL.app
libgmp-10.dll         Xonotic.app                xonotic-sdl.exe
libjpeg.dll           xonotic-dedicated.exe      xonotic-x64-dedicated.exe
libmodplug-1.dll      xonotic.exe                xonotic-x64.exe
libpng12.dll          xonotic-linux32-dedicated  xonotic-x64-sdl.exe
libtheora.dll         xonotic-linux32-glx        zlib1.dll
jaywalker@JayNix-Desktop:~/xonotic-preview/Xonotic$ sudo chmod +x xonotic-linux32-sdl
[sudo] password for jaywalker:
jaywalker@JayNix-Desktop:~/xonotic-preview/Xonotic$ ./xonotic linux32-sdl

The very last command should run the game for you.

(01-25-2011, 05:33 PM)shadowfaxim Wrote:
(01-25-2011, 06:03 AM)lda17h Wrote: You also have to make sure that your working directory is in the game folder.. The simplest to achieve that is to go to the game folder in a console before starting it manually from there..

I'm not sure how to set the the working directory. Game consoles are quite foreign to me

I meant a console as in terminal.. Big Grin Not the ingame console..
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Xonotic won't launch on Win10 noChance79 7 6,258 06-23-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Cofein
  [NEED HELP] Cannot launch xonotic-linux64-dedicated server (v0.8.5) in Ubuntu18.04 ff8eyes 3 1,722 08-13-2022, 02:43 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [SOLVED] Input flickering in Ubuntu 20.04 NAPALM 3 1,650 03-28-2021, 11:38 AM
Last Post: SpiKe
  [NEED HELP] cant start the game/ session lock problem skyghost47 1 2,804 10-24-2020, 11:50 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SOLVED] No stats for the player Ubuntu 19.04 - just don't use the flathub version Fiorentino 2 3,062 04-20-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Fiorentino
  [NEED HELP] Segmentation fault on launch Gouldron 0 2,069 04-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Gouldron
Exclamation [BUG] *ubuntu 18.04/nVidia v415-Desktop Screen Corruption After Exiting Game? JeZxLee 1 3,084 01-06-2019, 05:15 AM
Last Post: SpiKe
Bug [BUG] Permission Denied line 131 Ubuntu 14 ilyasofficial 2 3,127 10-22-2017, 06:39 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [NEED HELP] Help cant play IdekehBruh 1 2,045 05-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [SOLVED] Ubuntu 16.0.4 Compile RedScale12 8 6,279 09-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Last Post: RedScale12