Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Phoenix is rising from the ashes

Click on link, post reaction.
http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_Home.aspx
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I'm twelve and what is this?

Spoiler:
If it uses an x86 processor, IMO it's just a nettop in a keyboard (like this).
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

>It houses a modern mini-ITX PC motherboard featuring a Dual Core 525 Atom processor and the latest Nvidia Ion2 graphics chipset

This is already much better than my current setup

OK, maybe you guys need a history lesson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_computers

Oh wait.

I thought that company was dead and buried. I have a sudden urge to play worms...
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Quote:...that will come pre-loaded with dozens of the latest and greatest productivity, creativity and education software the open source world has to offer.

we should see if we can get it to ship with xonotic Tongue
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Fork it over FORK IT OVER1111

Seriously, i knew Commodore was up to something and i wanted to get one.
4m038105 - Be the change.

I think the best part is just the fact that the software won't be Windows, if I'm not mistaken Smile. I don't know much about atom or ion though. How does atom compare with Pentium 4 or Core 2 Duo?
I hope people don't just buy this for the nostaligia...
In-game name: moutandihami or mood
Currently working on openmachines and deadphase

(03-28-2011, 03:54 PM)pohatu9 Wrote: How does atom compare with Pentium 4 or Core 2 Duo?

From personal experience, P4 < Atom < Core2Duo. I am currently using an Atom @ 1.80ghz with Ion2 (yay, an upgrade), goes smooth so far. I get over 200 FPS in most medium-sized maps with my crazy setup on Nexuiz (Linux + proprietary drivers), 1080p playback is also good.

lol you guys do realize I was referring to Commodore and not their Phoenix computers right? Commodore was an old computer company that vanished in the early 90s, they were at one point Apple's biggest enemy. Unlike Apple though, they typically cranked out quality products that were years and I believe at one point even a decade ahead of their time. The computer industry lost something special when they went out of business.

Oh wait.

Woooooah! This is very exciting! Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(03-29-2011, 06:46 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: ...Unlike Apple though, they typically cranked out quality products...

Angry

;l
btw wikipedia says they've been revived since 2005, after doing some mergers.

(03-29-2011, 08:36 PM)nowego4 Wrote: btw wikipedia says they've been revived since 2005, after doing some mergers.[/size]

There have actually been a few attempts to use the name before, the last one I can think of was the Commodore gaming brand that specialized in making gaming desktops. However no one ever had all of the rights to Commodore's assets such as the Amiga brand until now.

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rendering with one graphics card, outputting video with another. Can it be done? Lee_Stricklin 0 3,217 08-17-2018, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Some words in a language can make sense in another nekomata 10 8,881 06-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Last Post: edh
  Yet another balance thread Spaceman 11 9,433 04-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Another round of depressed piano playing! Samual 7 6,830 01-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Another new open-source FPS: Red Eclipse Exitium 18 19,526 09-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Fireball
  Another thing for the polish audience (DJP) unfa 2 3,925 08-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Take a trip to another dimension. unfa 9 8,090 08-09-2011, 09:04 AM
  Lessons from the demise of another game? noobermin 9 8,694 04-21-2011, 03:53 AM
  Steel Storm - another game using the DarkPlaces engine divVerent 7 13,194 01-02-2011, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin