Create an account

Poll: new weapon:solar wind (read whole thing first)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
maybe
16.67%
1 16.67%
pointless
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] New weapon: solar wind

I realized that the laser's effect of blasting other people away could be put to good use Angel

This new weapon could be shooting orangish clouds of solar dust, pushing people away or boosting your teammates in CTF etc.

It could have like a really long charging time, and also a certain amount of damage.

Giv me some time to make the model.
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

emrys merlin Wrote:...pushing people away or boosting your teammates in CTF etc.

It could have like a really long charging time, and also a certain amount of damage.

This is what the Xon does already, plus there are at least 5 other weapons that you can use to do this quite effectively:
  • Laser
  • Mortar
  • RL
  • HLAC
  • Fireball
  • Etc

Plus the hook can grab enemies and has a gravity bomb alt fire.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(04-17-2011, 03:23 AM)clanclanclan Wrote:
emrys merlin Wrote:...pushing people away or boosting your teammates in CTF etc.

This is what the Xon does already, plus there are at least 5 other weapons that you can use to do this quite effectively:
  • Laser
  • Mortar
  • RL
  • HLAC
  • Fireball
  • Etc

Plus the hook can grab enemies and has a gravity bomb alt fire.

I mean pushing not grabbing! I'll only agree with the laser I guess. The HLAC/Mortar don't really push people away, they're more like a different version of the machine gun. RL, xon/nex and Fireball can kill your teammates and the fireball ridiculous slow.

The kind of weapon I'm thinking of is like a massive version of a hairdryer, or a more effective version of the laser if you prefer, and doesn't really do direct damage but rather blows people away. (more like another super weapon)
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

The Mortar is beside the Laser the ultimative weapon to push people of maps. Tongue
And the best weapon to boost is Nex for sure.

noooo I meant a weapon that doesn't do direct damage and has a unique kind of projectile!

your ideas sounds more like a proposal to replace the laser. basically something with the exact same function, but with a different effect and an idea for WHY it pushes people around.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

(04-17-2011, 11:13 AM)theShadow Wrote: your ideas sounds more like a proposal to replace the laser. basically something with the exact same function, but with a different effect and an idea for WHY it pushes people around.

No, the laser will never be replaced. It is so fundamental in xonotic that theres no way it should/could be replaced. What I am saying here is that maybe we can expand the laser's most basic effect into another weapon that has a larger push strength.

And that is not exactly how i use the laser.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,808 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,674 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,663 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,142 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,069 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,561 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,156 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon damage Damasco 17 14,398 07-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Last Post: ShuffleShot
  [SUGGESTION] Share your opinions only on weapon balance! rocknroll237 67 52,298 02-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon models and vehicle cockpit FOV independant from game FOV Lee_Stricklin 2 4,836 07-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo