Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
dearClan

Heart 
Good day dear fellow from the Xonotic forum! May I introduce you to dearClan! A clan full of dearMembers! Well not really we are like just five but Hey! We are offiical since yesterday and I guess that's a good start isnt it?

[Image: dearwebsite.jpg]

This contributes Nexuiz as well as Xonotic and we are searching for members right now, wanna join the clan? Then SMASH THIS LINK now!

dear-clan.com

We organize us on this website right now, a fancy looking site isnt it?
This website includes:
  • An own made design, accociating with nexuiz, xonotic and the behaviour of a sportsman as well
  • own made wysiwyg design and smiley / emoticons like those in my signatures!
  • login thourgh register OR via Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Google account!
  • Poll system, Shoutbox, Who is Online and many more plugins!

Seems like I forgot to mention what's the main target of dearClan? Well I ask you kind sir, do you need to know such a silly information? I thought so! Join dearClan today before something terrible is happening!

No seriously, something terrible will happen if you don't join.

Members of the now:

LIST OF ALL MEMBERS

and official {dear}-clan.com advert by 12345 which is actually not really a member just a living advertising user, what a kind person he is I say
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

Oh hai, mai dear.

I'm not joining, now I want something terrible to happen. (Scrims with MiT is TERRIBLE) This gives me motivation to work on MiT's website...just haven't had the time, with school, exercise, frag video, actually playing the game (Tongue), and other side projects related to nexuiz/xonotic.

On a serious note, good luck with your clan! Just make sure to recruit the right people, and not people who will embarrass your clan (I have done that several times already with MiT). Also, keep up with the website, it means a lot to not only your clan, but the community as well!

-pcl

(04-27-2011, 11:18 AM)PCLizard Wrote: good luck with your clan! Just make sure to recruit the right people, and not people who will embarrass your clan [...] Also, keep up with the website, it means a lot to not only your clan, but the community as well!
Thank you dear PCLizard for those helpful tipps, in fact, I'm not sure right now what kind of people I want to join to dearClan, well maybe just loving Nexuiz and Xonotic for the start ^^

And indeed let's see how the website will work.

Edit: I just told you something horrible will happen ohhh why didn't you listen to good ol' Soelen

Its possible to register a name twice? :O

we should make modifications of the new xonotic player models to add top hats and monocles. :p

also, do you have an IRC channel by any chance?
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Good luck guys!

Why dear, btw?
Fat.bot.Slim

@the Shadow and dont forget the moustaches dear theShadow! I just was pretty lazy inserting them... ^^;
(04-27-2011, 01:00 PM)theShadow Wrote: also, do you have an IRC channel by any chance?
Apparently no, but I guess that would be nice getting an irc channel wouldnt it? Sadly I have no clue how to get one channel D:
(04-27-2011, 02:37 PM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: Good luck guys!
Why dear, btw?
^^ Thank you dear Rage_ATWM your are dearest person I ever met in the whole Xonotic forum! But dear Rage_ATWM what do you mean talking about "Why dear,btw" I dearly dont understand dearest Rage_ATWM what the dear you mean. Maybe it's some kind of dear brooklyn slang? Dear god, you are very confusing me with your dears!

It's a joke about gentlemanly behavior Wink

PARDON ME, DEAR SIR, BUT YOU HAPPEN TO BE SITTING ON MY LAND MINE. COULD YOU PLEASE MOVE? WHY THANK YOU SIR.

Imgur Gallery

Dear Soelen, this might help you to get an IRC channel: http://www.quakenet.org/faq/faq.php?c=1
Basically you pick a channel name and join it (/join #channelname) and to get Q into you need to be authed ("How to register an account with Q?") and then you have to request Q ("How do I request Q?").

(04-27-2011, 04:09 PM)Soelen Wrote: Thank you dear Rage_ATWM your are dearest person I ever met in the whole Xonotic forum! But dear Rage_ATWM what do you mean talking about "Why dear,btw" I dearly dont understand dearest Rage_ATWM what the dear you mean. Maybe it's some kind of dear brooklyn slang? Dear god, you are very confusing me with your dears!
Oh, how could I apologize for having made you so confuse??
hm... maybe by adding 2 dear signs:

Why "dear", btw?
Fat.bot.Slim

@Mirio why thank you dear mirio, I'm going to read this FAQ and start an irc channel about dearclan, kind as always I say.

Furthermore you were asking if it is possible to register twice. Of course not you silly! The answer is laying in the html sourcecode of this website:
Code:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

OHHHHHH the possibilities with UTF-8! More than 65000 characters! Hundrets of characters groups! And a handful of silly characters which just looks the same. How to find such things out you may ask? Well you need a hexidecimal editor to analyze them. Or throwing them into charmap or something like that ^^

@Rage_ATWM I say, dear theShadow gave a good answer but maybe you are reffering what's the history behind this kind behaviour which is calling etiquette in a fancy way? Sadly I'm no able to remember how it started in fact but more or less it's just a running gag. A running gag which led to a fancy clan full of sillies I suppose.

@theShadow Yes indeed my good man! May I also ask where this movie or lyric quote is comming from? Or is this a quote after all?

My dearest Soelen, please be so kind as to insert my name as one of the members of Dear Clan.

Sincerely,

.DANNY. Smile

Soelen my good sir, it is not a quote at all. However, there is another forum with a running gag similar to this. only they used turtles.

a surprising development indeed.

perhaps I shall join this clan, my dear fellows, although I cannot promise I will participate in many events. My occupation as a airship pilot consumes so much of my time, you see?

Imgur Gallery

@Danny
I replaced the list with a link which sure include all members ^^

Well you are welcome dear theShadow! What did you say? Airship pilot? Oh my ^^
As weapon modeling guro I rather guessed you would work in a 3d modelling company or in such a direction! Well flying or modelling, both are AWSOME jobs. ^^

I do both dear sir, at the same time.

it is indeed quite a balancing act Wink

Imgur Gallery

Nice one Soelen. You should put your name up! No. 1! Smile

good projectWink this clan is funny and maybe it helps xonotic with more players. from nexuiz to xonotic could work if u move over as a clan later on.

(05-05-2011, 07:11 AM)Soelen Wrote: @Danny
I replaced the list with a link which sure include all members ^^
It doesn't include You, my dear friend Soelen, you forgot yourself!

@CrazzyRulezz: Thank you for liking us! Cool

And dear people, we might be able to host a (maybe rocket)minsta Xonotic server. We're just asking every member what he wants (seems not hard, but finding some members is REALLY hard).
I really much that this will make more people play Xonotic, there are not really well-balanced minsta servers now.

Our objective is still being the clan that makes Xonotic popular!
For more information click on the link below Shy
http://dear-clan.com/discussion/16/poll-...ormal-ctfs

nexuiz players who try to help xonotic. nifrek is so wrong.
anyway if ur clan needs more fights or more fun , just tell usWink last games were just funny. maybe with more players from other clans? or just random player.

btw ctf and tdm were great but can try to play all modes. i think its more fun if we try all the other modesWink
see ya later

(05-11-2011, 02:22 PM)Mepper Wrote: http://dear-clan.com/discussion/16/poll-...ormal-ctfs

Just saying, if you're going to host a Xonotic server you don't have much choice, unless you're fine with hosting a very outdated and unstable RM port. Or unless you cause a miracle and make me port the new stuff.

what does that mean?
all rocketminsta servers would be unstable?
how can we change this?

(05-13-2011, 09:43 AM)CrrazzyRulezz Wrote: what does that mean?
all rocketminsta servers would be unstable?
how can we change this?

There is no up-to-date and stable rocketminsta for xonotic, simple as that. What I have in akari/rocketminsta branch is a horribly outdated, incomplete and barely tested port. So IF there will be any rm servers in xonotic, yes, they will be unstable and outdated, unless something causes me to continue the port.

sth or sb like me? Angel

hmkay. i think we ll see what happensWink
I have no influence on those things but i think those servers would be really popular and maybe more people would change over to xonotic in the future.
i mean seriousoly ,ur mod(s) are really fun and ur server is the most visited in nexuiz.
speaks for itself.

(05-13-2011, 02:19 PM)CrrazzyRulezz Wrote: sth or sb like me? Angel

hmkay. i think we ll see what happensWink
I have no influence on those things but i think those servers would be really popular and maybe more people would change over to xonotic in the future.
i mean seriousoly ,ur mod(s) are really fun and ur server is the most visited in nexuiz.
speaks for itself.

We have been considering this (and that's why there is a port in first place), but currently we don't even have a server to run it on (other than my testing server which is certainly not suitable for real playing). I was afraid of a playerbase split when arikel brought this subject up (some would switch to xonotic, some would stay in nexuiz), but since UFB is way too crowded nowdays such a split might actually have a good effect. I'll think about it.

[Image: owxd515xqga4brmfoehu_thumb.jpg]

Soelen is scary!
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s