Create an account

Poll: What about including this track in Xonotic?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yeah, this fits to Xonotic
63.64%
7 63.64%
I prefer Justin Bieber
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Professor Kliq music contribution

Hi everybody!

I proudly come up with a fresh music contribution proposal.
I did some electro music myself many years ago, but I did not play it anymore and I was probably not enough talented... anyway...
As instead, I would like to introduce Professor Kliq to you, a NA very gifted composer, who has released more than 5 albums so far.

The whole thing started with the first PCLizard frag movie, which used a Professor Kliq's track. I have been hooked, checked http://www.professorkliq.com, and finally felt in love with his music.
Then i tried to get contact with him, and I discovered a very nice and accessible guy, highly willing to contribute, with a good PC gaming culture.

Well, enough said, Professor Kliq has composed a demo track especially for Xonotic. Just to show how reactive and creative he could be. Here we go:
http://soundcloud.com/professorkliq/shifting-focus

Feedbacks are welcomed. If no one likes, I start an hunger strike and, if not enough, re-install Windows Millenium.
Fat.bot.Slim

Interesting track... not exactly my personal style of music but it fits perfectly to Xonotic action and is also well-made. I'd very much welcome such a contributions to Xonotic.

Though it would be very tempting to see you re-install Windows Millenium I have to admit.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I love it Smile
I already liked the soundtrack in "Kick 'n it off", and I am totally with Halogene, it would fit perfectly well to Xonotic. Smile
LoverTaleb

Sounds awesome
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I just added a poll.
Fat.bot.Slim

Mutually Inexclusive Polls Are Stupid
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(07-13-2011, 03:00 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: Mutually Inexclusive Polls Are Stupid

Mutually inexclusive polls are awesome

I voted for dinosaurs
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Honestly I don't think it's that much better than what I've seen around here already.

I hope he can provide sources...?

The fatal flaw in all electronic music I've heard that people put forth for video games is the higher-pitch synthesizers. This song was good with the beats and claps and airy parts, but it also has the annoying synthesizer bouncing all over the place. IMHO game songs should be strong subtle beats and ambient airy sounds. This squeaky stuff distracts too much.

Mutually Inexclusive Polls Are Dinosaurs

(07-14-2011, 02:43 PM)nowego4 Wrote: Honestly I don't think it's that much better than what I've seen around here already.

indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8255iMO6Y...re=related
i hope someone makes something like this
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(07-14-2011, 03:14 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8255iMO6Y...re=related

Interesting indeed. Very powerful. I like it when the tune switches chord (from f minor to a flat major and then b flat major, if I am not mistaken) for the first time after some two and a half minutes.Cool
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(07-13-2011, 03:52 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: Hi everybody!

I proudly come up with a fresh music contribution proposal.
I did some electro music myself many years ago, but I did not play it anymore and I was probably not enough talented... anyway...
As instead, I would like to introduce Professor Kliq to you, a NA very gifted composer, who has released more than 5 albums so far.

The whole thing started with the first PCLizard frag movie, which used a Professor Kliq's track. I have been hooked, checked http://www.professorkliq.com, and finally felt in love with his music.
Then i tried to get contact with him, and I discovered a very nice and accessible guy, highly willing to contribute, with a good PC gaming culture.

Well, enough said, Professor Kliq has composed a demo track especially for Xonotic. Just to show how reactive and creative he could be. Here we go:
http://soundcloud.com/professorkliq/shifting-focus

Feedbacks are welcomed. If no one likes, I start an hunger strike and, if not enough, re-install Windows Millenium.

i loved that system. Heart

"Shifting Focus" doesn't fit quite, in my opinion; too "retro/tribal", if that makes sense. "You have been chosen", "Configuration", "Seven Minute Abs", "Work At Night", "Bust This Bust That", "Flip" and "Nine" have this aggressive vibrant urban style i associate with Xonotic.
4m038105 - Be the change.

(07-14-2011, 02:43 PM)nowego4 Wrote: The fatal flaw in all electronic music I've heard that people put forth for video games is the higher-pitch synthesizers. This song was good with the beats and claps and airy parts, but it also has the annoying synthesizer bouncing all over the place. IMHO game songs should be strong subtle beats and ambient airy sounds. This squeaky stuff distracts too much.

this is EXACTLY my opinion. the biggest problem is that all the songs provided are meant to be standalone-cool, if you know what i mean... but songs for a game are primarily heard ingame, and thats the place where they need to fit.

if they additionally can be heard standalone, thats fine, but primarily... they need to fit in the game. more precisely, they need to fit one map.
in the industry it does not work like "i made a song, use it for whatever you want" but the song artist gets a map and should write a track for that.

In my opinion this song still fits in the game, hell I was just hopping around Running Man listening to this.

(07-14-2011, 02:43 PM)nowego4 Wrote: I hope he can provide sources...?

What does that mean?

(07-14-2011, 02:43 PM)nowego4 Wrote: The fatal flaw in all electronic music I've heard that people put forth for video games is the higher-pitch synthesizers. This song was good with the beats and claps and airy parts, but it also has the annoying synthesizer bouncing all over the place. IMHO game songs should be strong subtle beats and ambient airy sounds. This squeaky stuff distracts too much.

Here's a link to a track that, by your guidelines, I think would probably illicit the same feedback. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=713ccD8H4...re=related

Where do you hear squeaky? This gets my adrenaline pumping. Then again, I used to listen to Gwar back when I was a half-life junkie.

I'm a fan of that track. Being a long-time fan of PK, I'd love to see his stuff get into the project.

Many thanks to PCL who introduced me (and from what I'm reading, many others) to his music.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

So far, i don't feel a concrete consensus around this track.
Criticisms that came up somehow address a potential flaw. PK took note of it and see what he could do, but this will need some more time.
And I would like to hope that same requirements will apply on other Xonotic contributions then... :|

Still, I too understood that there were several PK fans here and I expected more warmer reactions of them, tbh.
So far, positive feedbacks are not sufficient to be conclusive imo.
But it's still (high) time to give feedbacks.

I do think we here have a valuable contributor.
Don't waste him.
Fat.bot.Slim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8255iMO6Y...re=related
[/quote]

I much prefer this kind of music. Either way it doesn't matter to me. I would just play this music on iTunes and turn of the xonotic music if they didn't have this kind of music playing by default in game.

(07-21-2011, 04:23 PM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: So far, i don't feel a concrete consensus around this track.
Criticisms that came up somehow address a potential flaw. PK took note of it and see what he could do, but this will need some more time.
And I would like to hope that same requirements will apply on other Xonotic contributions then... :|

Still, I too understood that there were several PK fans here and I expected more warmer reactions of them, tbh.
So far, positive feedbacks are not sufficient to be conclusive imo.
But it's still (high) time to give feedbacks.

I do think we here have a valuable contributor.
Don't waste him.

Well, this community has been spoiled by all the talented musicians. So, it's only natural we got picky. Tongue
4m038105 - Be the change.

Personally I like it.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 678,770 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,230 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,843 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,417 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,341 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,143 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,796 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,274 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  My lil' contribution to Xonotic... VertX 2 3,973 01-14-2016, 08:37 AM
Last Post: VertX
  I would like to use Xonotic's music in my Red Eclipse fork 98digger 3 5,769 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: machine!