Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTC Evo 3D vs. Samsung Galaxy S 2 - which one?

I kinda need shopping advice. Which one of those two would you recommend?
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

urrr.... i just broke my arm AHHAAHHAAHAHAAAA, am i off topic enough?
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Hmmm, hard decision. i like the handling and feel of Samsung phones, but the HTC definitely wins by weight. To be honest, i haven't tried, yet, so, maybe the Samsung has better aerodynamics, but heavier objects fly farther when thrown. So, if the HTC doesn't feel too awkward in your hand, You should go for it, if You intend to use it for long-throwing.

(sruzly, You should give some key features that are important to You; weight, handling, battery, etc.)
4m038105 - Be the change.

It's just that I'm having a hard time to decide:
A 3D-enabled qHD standard screen, or a 2D, lower resolution S-AMOLED+?
Double 5Mpix cameras with video @ 24 FPS or single 8 Mpix camera with video @ 30 FPS?
Is the extra .2 GHz really worth going to UK for?

And no, I don't intend it for long-throwing. I use my friends' iPhones for that.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S (1). I'm happy whit it, does what it needs to do. The S AMOLED display is nice and clear. The back camera is good.
The only thing that I miss is a physical keyboard like the G1 from HTC.
I think the Galaxy would give you better image quality than the double camera (ever seen a prof. whit 2 lenses on 1 camera?), sure you get 3d stuff, but your likely the only one who has a 3D display.
Sound like I'm advocating the samsung, but thats because I've never used a HTC Evo.
Skyward Fire

Whatever happened to phones being built as phones and not having all this fancy unnecessary bullshit attached to them? Seriously, do you REALLY need all that crap on them?

Hush, You! Scotty still can't beam us up, yet, so we need to compensate for that, somehow.

Regarding cell phone cams: it's not all about the resolution. You gotta see the cam in action and what you can get out of those images. Cell phone cams are not a replacement for a proper cam, from my experience. So, decide on how fast you can get the cam running, or how well the buttons behave in random situations. But in the end it depends on what you want to use it for! What was your last cell phone? What did you do the most and what did you miss?

i got me a W995 for the specs and i was disappointed (tho, it makes great photos and videos of documents and screens....). You gotta try it. You need to hold it in your own freakin' hands, repeatedly, and do what you do most. Now get that 3D display, already! XD
4m038105 - Be the change.

well now I have a Nokia XpressMusic 5530, and while it was OK a while back, now it just feels like it's running Vista and not Symbian. I really hate it that I have to take a Bluetooth GPS with me to use the built-in navigation, and its lack of 3G capabilities.
I don't intend to use the phone as a replacement for a camera, but it would be nice if it had decent photo/video capability (since when I'm taking photos, I sometimes use the phone as a geotag scout and then copy the relevant information to Panoramio). 3D certainly is an option, if I could find a Blender script to interpret the 3D image as geometry.

I recently got a Blackberry 9800 Torch for work. As I'm travelling a lot includinn going abroad I need decent email access on the move as it is my main way of sending emails. Compared to my previous Blackberry Curve 8210 (lasted almost 3 years and went round the world about 10 times) it doesn't seem as well built, is heavier and has a shorter battery life. It does however have much better Interwebs so I was impressed this week that I could book and pay for a Hilton in Rome on it!

Used to have Nokia's myself but not so good as Blackberry for business purposes. Blackberry is a proper business tool, the rest are for leisure users.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zircon Galaxy (Xonotic derived) Baker 9 1,733 04-09-2023, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Baker
  Rendering with one graphics card, outputting video with another. Can it be done? Lee_Stricklin 0 3,245 08-17-2018, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Which Quake 3 Client should I use? Beagle 6 8,420 07-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Which Mouse? Ch4mp 24 18,965 06-02-2016, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Mars One kojn^ 32 28,678 02-25-2015, 01:50 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Ubuntu 12.10 got one thing right. Minkovsky 5 6,386 10-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Last Post: s1lence
  In which people do not argue about ammo types Harmata 41 35,315 10-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Which headset? Maddin 19 18,553 07-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Last Post: aport
  That one is for you, Chooksta unfa 2 3,681 07-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m
  Which antivirus? Minkovsky 17 13,163 06-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Friskydingo