Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xonotic 0.5 Released

(09-09-2011, 12:20 PM)kojn^ Wrote: How come I only see like 6 site's with the news release on...??
Come on, who's handling the press release!?

Other then that, feedback I've had from outside players has been generally very good, especially the weapons/gameplay in general.

yeh this was fumbled, we do need help in this department. Anyone willing to help out with this, for future releases, plz PM me for details.

Server will be updated this Weekend. Nice to see a great step to Xonotic 1.0 Big Grin

yay!!! Smile
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Sweet! The kids in our place will be glad.

Xonotic now really has enough players to play online on public servers, yay!

[Image: xonotic000058.jpg]

Yeah, right! I wish I had a ping like you then I could play some nice matches. Smile

(09-11-2011, 08:50 AM)Mepper Wrote: ...

How was the map?

BTW what version and server was that one?

I'm pretty sure the latest version and the [DMs] Official European blabla server. Tongue

It indeed was on the DMs server. Just the newest git version I think for the server and the latest autobuild for me.

And the map was new to me, I think a map from Quake. But it was very nice, looked good, high details, and very playable. Absolutely a good map.

And the game was awesome too, but I have no demo Sad
I should start recording again.

I think I was in that game for a little while then went spectator. I recorded the match and uploaded a few snippets to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNIFawR1ccs

A bit choppy at times for some reason. Best to watch in HD. Still experimenting with visual effects like no HUD and such (only downloaded it 2 days ago).

Did you record that with a programm?
This map in the video is official and called Dance btw and Psychward is a Xonotic map by nowego.

I recorded it with FRAPs. I wasn't aware of a demo recording feature at the time, though since then I've tried it with less-than stellar results(quite laggy while recording). If I continue to record I'll likely use FRAPs if I can't figure out the demo issues.

Set demo recording to automatic, and later, play them back. You can bind any key to "cl_capturevideo 1" and another one to 0.
Don't worry, if playback is choppy when you record. You'll get the result at full speed, no matter how slow it was when you've recorded it.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

If it's choppy while recording it'll certainly mess up my gameplay performance.

Which is why you should instead record demos of the games you wish to capture in video, and make the video using the demo file and not record anything during gameplay.
There's realtime video capture in xonotic too, but you won't get a good framerate. With fraps either.

(09-12-2011, 03:35 PM)mand1nga Wrote:
(09-12-2011, 03:25 PM)Fixious Wrote: If it's choppy while recording it'll certainly mess up my gameplay performance.

Please read C. Brutail's response Wink That's the right way to do it. You play regularly with demo recording activated. Then you use the builtin recording feature while re-playing demos. See this link for more information.
You'll notice there are plenty of Xonotic videos on youtube and none of them is choppy Wink

Please guys let's stay on topic, create a new thread if necessary.

I win U lose!!one

Edit: well, you provided links.

(09-12-2011, 03:25 PM)Fixious Wrote: If it's choppy while recording it'll certainly mess up my gameplay performance.

Please read C. Brutail's response Wink That's the right way to do it. You play regularly with demo recording activated. Then you use the builtin recording feature while re-playing demos. See this link for more information.
You'll notice there are plenty of Xonotic videos on youtube and none of them is choppy Wink

Please guys let's stay on topic, create a new thread if necessary.

Okay!

To everyone: There really are enough players to play online. There really is no more need to play Nexuiz and pickupgames to stay skilled and just have fun. Xonotic now really has enough players online, so I say to everyone: Just play! No pickupgames any more, no Nexuiz, just Xonotic on public servers.

I'm in this awesome screenshot Tongue

I have great news! The famous minsta clan Exile will move to Xonotic!

And they will also host a Xonotic minsta/hook server. With the same physics as in their Nexuiz server.

For more info and details: http://exile.usersboard.com/t361-exile-m...notic#2993

Just so you guys know, we actually are really catching on in the media -- The top 10 referral sites are these:
Code:
4294 google.com
3411 beload.hu
3272 hup.hu
2776 freegamedev.net
2707 reddit.com
1396 beload.cc
1239 blogspot.com
1086 org.ru
696 wikipedia.org
653 solidot.org
With about ~65 separate referral sites in total at the moment.

Even so, KEEP SPREADING THE NEWS! If you know a website which is appropriate, by all means send them a request to review/take a look at Xonotic.

Pretty cool that the project is FINALLY starting to get SOME attention. I noticed that there's actually people online most of the time when I try to play, albeit not that many but they're still there. I have no problems jumping onto European (even though I got to deal with 140 ping to do this, oh well it's still playable) and occasionally American servers. If I have to take a guess, this game will gain popularity in a similar way that the previous project did which is people talking about it and spreading it around. 2.4.2 was EXTREMELY popular when I played the hell out of it, I remember I used to tick the filters for full and empty servers and still have a full page of places I can play at. I think 1.0 is when we might really start seeing this pick up some popularity.

This release is relly a great boost to the game. We now have a new record of most users online: 84, today at 9:17 PM!

hahahaha wtf where did you get 84 from? Tongue I would certainly have seen that in the statistics Tongue

I am happy to see that this project reaches the next step. I will try it out soon.
But thanks for your commitment @all developers Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Xonotic 0.8.2 released! Antibody 35 47,376 04-14-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Th3 TqMaZ45
  XonStat data snapshot released Antibody 10 14,353 01-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic 0.8.1 Released! Antibody 36 38,265 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  Xonotic 0.8 Released! Antibody 77 94,181 02-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: nowego4
  Xonotic 0.7 Released! Antibody 92 167,922 12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Last Post: sol-invictus
  ZeroQL has released his fragmovie! CuBe0wL 0 6,189 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Automatic Update Script for Autobuilds Released Antibody 1 10,332 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Xonotic 0.1 Preview Released merlijn 63 83,298 02-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: chooksta