Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Teleports and maps.

I found it very iritating to move through a map at big velocity. I think that those maps are simply too small. When you are playing a race for example and you are moving very fast it's easy to bump on a ramp or some other way and be too high to pass through portal or door. It's also very easy to hit the ceiling (whether it's visible or not) and completly stop.

Another thing is that when you are passing the portal backwards you are appearing on the other side in opposite direction. It's annoying when you try to laser jump just after passing the portal.

On what map specifically?

To make teleports less irritating, we replaced many by portals.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Most of the maps on public race servers are old Nexuiz ones, not built for Xonotic's physics. Building a strong pool of (race) maps will come with time.

divVerent, sounds like a race-based problem with maps (Q3 defrag maps). Some of them are broken in Xonotic and don't work properly, like effectively every single weapon map for starters. However on quite a few maps, the teleporters are broken and when you go through them you end up coming out in another direction which means you can't actually complete the map Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

We already noticed we can't get full Q3 compatibility as Q3 supports a hack for one-way walls we can't support.

Ok, so for the maps to work they need to be rebuilt essentially right?
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Basically yes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Untapped potential: Tribal warfare maps and demolition derbies Lee_Stricklin 12 12,318 06-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Last Post: MajorYokoyurik0
  [SUGGESTION] Maps with forest and rain effect? CireG 23 23,969 06-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Friskydingo
  [SUGGESTION] Orange base and blue base instead of red and blue base? kay 24 19,278 06-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Last Post: divVerent
  [SUGGESTION] Old maps / "low-quality maps" Debugger 8 9,283 02-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] postapocalyptic ambiance for maps and music _para 12 10,398 05-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] Using Mediafire to host maps and such. Silverburn 14 16,501 03-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Ronan