Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiding with the flag in CTF

(05-25-2012, 07:44 AM)asy7um Wrote: Samual has worked on a couple of solutions for that. iirc:
- FC gets marked by a global waypoint for a limited time if he receives a certain amount of damage within N seconds.
- FC gets marked by a global waypoint if he stops moving (or only moves within a small range) for a time.
There are more, but I cant recall them and neither do I know if he still works on those ideas.

That's overly complicated. Try to explain a game full of edge cases like that to beginner flagcarriers.

(05-25-2012, 12:53 PM)Mepper Wrote: That wont really work. A lot of people have radar disabled entirely.

Turn it back on? Radar has the option to only be enabled in team games already. if the game's going to be designed without radar in mind, why even have it, why not remove it entirely?

Honestly, why would I care about the people that choose not to use radar?

Why would I care about people not able/willing to search for an fc?

Imo nothing needs to change, hiding is just a skill.

(05-25-2012, 02:25 PM)Mepper Wrote: Why would I care about people not able/willing to search for an fc?

Imo nothing needs to change, hiding is just a skill.

fair enough

(05-25-2012, 01:24 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: That's overly complicated. Try to explain a game full of edge cases like that to beginner flagcarriers.

In LMS you got an anti-camp protection which notifies the players when they are about to get damaged due not moving. For CTF it could be something like that: "WARNING! Stop camping or your position will be visible to the opponent team!"

Personally I think the problem is rather the result of bad maps. On a good map, hunting the enemy FC can be a lot of fun - but if he has endless possible hideouts it gets frustrating and boring. Well, just avoid playing "tower" and "castle" maps Smile

as long as you dont abuse map bugs, i cant see the bad in this. its not the FC's job to stay visible. same as its not the defenses job to let the enemy grab the flag every now and then.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is up with this Flag? Beagle 13 7,323 08-17-2016, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Beagle