Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release

One of the issues is because all I ever see, is this game on Linux sites (no I'm not joking). The game is really oozing some decent quality now in regards to gameplay/mechanics and it's getting better and better with each release. However, do a google search and how many big gaming sites do I see Xonotic on? Pretty much zero. Now I know lot's of people here just play for fun or whatever which is fine, but I'd like to see the game reach also to more mainstream audiences not just Linux sites!

Also, the news release hasn't been very good..for 0.1 it was a blessing because the game was a bit borked, but for 0.5 it was just sloppy and the Devs I talked too know this already. It'd be nice to see the game feature in some magazines like nexuiz did after 1.0 is out.
(10-16-2011, 05:42 AM)Mepper Wrote: We can do several things:

-Posting about Xonotic everywhere helps, I'm.sure about that. Just advertise.
-Shut down the race server. If there are people online they are mostly there and RACE IS ABSOLUTELY NOT ATRACTIVE FOR NEW PLAYERS. I've litteraly seen hundreds of new players come to the race server, and then disconnect.
-More good ctf servers.
-No more pickup games on private servers, only play on public servers.
-And everyone here should just play online, we need servers here like Laidback delight and hoctf on Nexuiz, and just play there.

Agree with race server because player's don't understand it, but it's a bit harsh to 'shut it down' atleast at the moment. Disagree with the pickup suggestion.

It's more a case of, when waiting on IRC for pickup games or if your active in the channel should make a effort to go on the public servers.

However for the next release it makes sense to go to the public servers straight away.

I'd like to play on public servers (once I fix my computer for Xonotic), would like to see a good standard DM/TDM server with GIT maps rather then every single usermade map available on it at some point.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Messages In This Thread
RE: Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release - by kojn^ - 10-16-2011, 08:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEED HELP] After a successful build & compile (0.8.5): This script is not properly set up yet. John 1 329 01-27-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: John
  dynamic enverionmental lighting/electro issue darthrevan 6 6,015 01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Last Post: darthrevan
  Still no release? psychcf 21 22,832 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Last Post: pyr0