Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release

More people are slowly but surely finding the game right now. Quite a number of new names have started appearing and luckily they are finding better filled servers with the kind people we all know are in this community. The majority of them still seem to be of the Linux geek type, which is fine at this point. Because they, imo, are more likely to take a second or third look at the game and ask for advice than the casual gamer.

Also worth stating is that the new players - on the whole - are finding a game they like. There is no need to panic whatsoever. Bring the game to new people, a lot of them will stick around I'm sure. Do not start to worry about balance or anything like that, Xonotic is great. Like Kojn said, start rolling out the big PR campaign and the players will come.

On a slightly unrelated note, download numbers vs the number of players is something you should not look at too much. I once proved that Nexuiz was actually pretty decent in that respect, even though the numbers were staggeringly low. A lot of people will download a game just because it is free (humans are harvesters by nature I guesss Tongue).
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Messages In This Thread
RE: Popularity issue persisting after 0.5 release - by PinkRobot - 10-22-2011, 02:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEED HELP] After a successful build & compile (0.8.5): This script is not properly set up yet. John 1 375 01-27-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: John
  dynamic enverionmental lighting/electro issue darthrevan 6 6,053 01-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Last Post: darthrevan
  Still no release? psychcf 21 22,956 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Last Post: pyr0