Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings!

Hello everyone.
My name's Dave, but you could call me "D W." I'm a composer/sound engineer looking to make some nifty music and sound for this game. I first heard about Xonotic when GiantBomb.com did some coverage of it. I had checked it out then and really enjoyed it, but didn't get involved in the community back then. Well I'm always looking to broaden portfolio and thought that doing stuff for an open source project would be a lot of fun.

As for my background, I'm a soon to turn 26 recent college grad. I've been writing music since I was 13 (which I now just realized was half a life time ago...) and working with audio since about 16. Currently I'm in that unfortunate situation of working a job to gain some money so I could get into the field that I actually want to work in, but that's mostly proving to be a great source of motivation.

Life-Story aside, I haven't actually started working on any material for Xonotic as of yet but I figured it would be good to get to know the community beforehand. The plan is that this weekend I'll be recording a whole bunch of household objects and from them I'll see what I can come up with. My aim is mostly to get you guys new sounds for things like weapon fire, doors, pickups, explosions, interface stuff, and replacements for the sounds from other games. It will take some time and I'm sure not everything (though I hope at least some of it) will be used.

As for music, you can hear some of my work over on sound cloud: [link]
However that's not really representative of what I would write for Xonotic. I was thinking something more like these:
"Overkill" from Red Asphalt
"Warfare" from Command And Conquer
Which I think will fit in with the themes that are proposed in that one thread. Basically, simple rock with a heavy electronic influence. Though I do have a bit of a jazz background so you can certain expect at least one piece with a walk bassline and a solo over a chord chart. heh.

So yeah, Hello. It's nice to meet you!

Command & Conquer FTW!!!!! oh, and hi Tongue

For a headquarters assault map i would prefer something like this Angel : http://youtu.be/GHBHEyE-JXg

Howdy, and Welcome to Xonotic!!! Big Grin

[Image: 46986224.gif]

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to Xonotic!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(11-10-2011, 11:19 PM)torus Wrote: [Image: 46986224.gif]

Welcome!

I lol'd.

Welcome Smile

YAY someone to do better sounds for the game! Looking forward to your contributions!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Welcome!

Thank you all. It'll probably take a couple months to get all the sound effects done (mostly due to money and seasonal reasons), but I'll try to get a sound pack out at least once a month or so. We shall see.

(11-10-2011, 07:49 PM)forseti Wrote: Command & Conquer FTW!!!!! oh, and hi Tongue

For a headquarters assault map i would prefer something like this Angel : http://youtu.be/GHBHEyE-JXg

You waste no time with requests. hah. I'll see what I can do and PM you once I get working on something.

Hello.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Greetings from duelist polack Wolf-Snipe 2 1,828 12-23-2018, 05:58 PM
Last Post: SEEK-fried
  Greetings from California! Paingwin 3 3,598 10-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Greetings from France ! SpiKe 21 13,807 03-04-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: -z-
Wink Greetings from Poland! siwyi 4 3,430 01-23-2016, 05:24 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  Greetings VizoR 8 6,593 09-10-2014, 01:41 PM