Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Busy/sick and unable to develop for now

Sad 
Hey everyone,

So I know there are many things i've been saying i'd work on/finish soon, and i've let some people down with keeping up on that work right now - The past weekend i've been extremely busy, and just recently i've come down with strep throat and it's really quite difficult dealing with everything right now. After this, i'll also have to catch up on my normal job too, so i'll again be less able to dedicate to Xonotic.

For those who have been seeking for me to do something and/or help you out: I'll try to get to it as quickly as possible, but please be patient and don't lose interest or such because you think i'm ignoring you. There are other developers too, and individually there are other people who can help out with what you want to accomplish. I'll send some quick PM's now refering to this, and how to get help on such individual tasks, but I can't really directly help out for a few weeks or so.

Thanks for understanding, I really do hold Xonotic as a high priority subject though. I'll definitely be trying to meet my personal requirements for the next release in good time, regardless of my situation.

Take a break and some rest, there's plenty of time to conquer the world later.

Indeed, you have been a great developer. Take your break and come back stronger Cool

I've told this to several online contacts and clanmates before: REAL LIFE COMES FIRST. Take a break if you need to and come back if you get the chance, this is just supposed to be something you do in your free time anyway.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Get well soon and take your time. Having your "real life" issues sorted out is a condition precedent for being able to properly dedicate time to something like Xonotic :o) I hope you'll be able to contribute to Xonotic again in a while, you're a valued member of this community.

Edit: Oh, yes, and what Lee said.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Get well mate, and catch up with real life, work, and family! As others noted too, real life is a lot more important!
Best wishes here, and lot thx for your help!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Yes, get well, and don't hurry up with that too much or get "fully active" before you're really well again. Best wishes from me too.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Take your time, get well and rested. And if you come back before that.. ill have you play runematch for 4 hrs non stop in a mikee map with NADZ and MP! Wink

Hope you get plenty of rest, man. Strep throat is no fun, and sometimes a sign that you've been working too hard and your body forces you to take a break. Thanks a ton for helping me get started and pointing me in the right direction, I look forward to working with you in the future. Relax and get well!
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

Get well soon sir. We promise we'll still be here when you're back at full force Smile
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

*Highlights Samual* Sad

^what they said.

Developing (I'm guessing) is like mapping, you do it as a form of entertainment, or because you feel good for contributing. Real life has priority over virtual entertainment, so if you have matters to attend to or developing is no longer fun, do what you want to do. This goes for you too, div, and everypony else reading this.

Get well soon, good luck, and get back to having fun when your done!

Get well soon. If you do too much of one thing in a strech, weather it's coding, mapping, or cutting wood into shapes and putting those shapes together, you get sick of it and burned out. Best to switch off between things.

(10-21-2012, 02:08 AM)HellYeah Wrote: Get well soon. If you do too much of one thing in a strech, weather it's coding, mapping, or cutting wood into shapes and putting those shapes together, you get sick of it and burned out. Best to switch off between things.

HellYeah ur so sweet.
This thread is from 2011 and samual is feeling better now Big Grin

IRL goes first!

machine, you didn't read the last post and the date of the thread either, did you?

Hmm, nope... lol, sorry!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sick Quake2 Frag Video SPLAT 8 8,637 05-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Last Post: SPLAT
  I Have Now a Website on Enjin Eonman 3 5,039 05-14-2015, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Eonman
  Seems there's a resurgence in high speed and arena FPS games now Lee_Stricklin 12 23,470 09-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Linux/FOSS game awards voting open now poVoq 3 6,597 12-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Last Post: poVoq
Music Backside Front is now on YouTube - remember "Heavy Metal"? unfa 1 4,259 09-09-2013, 02:18 AM
Last Post: satuim
  Good bye for now edh 6 6,894 04-26-2013, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Using Git to develop legislation Minkovsky 2 3,648 09-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Minkovsky
  HALF LIFE BLACK MESA OUT NOW! rocknroll237 52 38,718 09-25-2012, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Micha
  999 frags...and now? Mirio 6 5,269 07-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  People, I do Let's Plays now! Minkovsky 0 2,739 12-26-2010, 04:49 AM
Last Post: Minkovsky