Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEEDS INFO] Can't kill me with Fire bug

Hey guys, it appears that I found a bug.

Basically when I play team minsta, I am invulnerable to lava, acid, or other normally deadly liquid map traps. They do not seem to affect me at all.

Also, I was playing with the hook, but I am not sure if this would affect it.

Any idea of how we can fix this?

Keep up the good work Big Grin

Minstagib has no normal health system... so stuff like you mentioned that subtracts from health does not work. Overkill may solve that, and "Overkill with just Nex" could replace minsta then.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Insta-kill lava? Tongue

(And while we're at it, fall damage too!)

Quote:fall damage too
Uhm, like this?
Fell from 128 units - oww, k, I'm fine.
Fell from 129 units - MY BOOONES, they're made of GLAAAASSS!!

(12-05-2011, 02:07 AM)divVerent Wrote: Minstagib has no normal health system... so stuff like you mentioned that subtracts from health does not work. Overkill may solve that, and "Overkill with just Nex" could replace minsta then.

I see.
The only problem that I would have with this is what would we do with the new minsta gun model if we replaced it with the Nex from Overkill?

(12-05-2011, 02:07 AM)divVerent Wrote: Minstagib has no normal health system... so stuff like you mentioned that subtracts from health does not work. Overkill may solve that, and "Overkill with just Nex" could replace minsta then.

Overkill does indeed have environment damage. At the moment there's no switch / cvar for nex only, but thats quite easily done. However, unless im mistaken, minstagib explicitly disables environment damage, so it would seem to be a design choice rather then a lack of support.

Oh Ok,
just wanted to make sure that there was no bugs involved Tongue

It's not a bug in Minsta, it seems to be a feature. Like tZork said, it's explicitly disabled in code.

Although I modified it on my server, so that you take regular damage.
Except for falldamage, left that off since it's usually played with hook.

Minstagib has no normal health system... so stuff like you mentioned that subtracts from health does not work. Overkill may solve that, and "Overkill with just Nex" could replace minsta then.
so that you take regular damage....

What makes you think that minsta players actually want this?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Can't hear the announcer voice anymore gianmarco 4 512 01-16-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: gianmarco
  [INVALID] Resolution can't be changed Majki 17 13,118 08-14-2022, 02:41 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [NEED HELP] Menu freezes when typing server address, old bug? MeLikeyTacos 2 1,558 10-21-2021, 09:59 PM
Last Post: MeLikeyTacos
  [NEED HELP] Can't set 2k resolution noteven 4 2,911 05-07-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: noteven
Heart [SOLVED] BUG IN NETRADIANT Kotangens 5 2,458 12-06-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Julius
  [NEED HELP] Can't join anymore fenjrill 5 3,077 07-17-2020, 07:04 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Sudden loss of sound in Xonotic, can not get it to return. SeveredinTwain 5 3,929 03-26-2020, 05:55 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [SOLVED] how can i get defrag entities in netradiant? bananovenc 5 3,568 01-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Last Post: SpiKe
Question [NEED HELP] can't build netradiant (SOLVED) bananovenc 7 4,418 12-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: illwieckz
  [SOLVED] Can't click on my name in XonStats TheChrississin 4 2,599 03-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Last Post: falco