Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no direct hit NEXgun, no splashdamage RL

Hallo,

First an excuses for poor english, i am from holland. I play nexuiz from the beginning and I am trying Xonotic. Some of you know me as[SB]WaRrIoR. I played always on an old PC, but with good results.
Now I play on a new pc. I5cpu and geforce 330. I move much faster, very high FPS -to 550- but I have a weird problem now. With nex iI almost hit not a thing. With RL i dont see splashdamage(midairexplosion) anymore. It seems to me that the enemy is not there where i see him in screen. Nex hits better when i aim a bit to the position where the enemy is not yet on the screen!!!
It seems a little better when i set fps on max 150, but not far as good as on my old pc. I tryed with all video and effect options disabled and enabled. Full options helps a little (strange enough) but still not as it was on my former 8 years old pc.

I dont have a clue, but i got the plan to buy another videocard.

Has one of you an idea wath cause the problem/

greats,

WaRrIoR

Welcome to Xonotic! Smile

You could try to update your version using the autobuilder: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1863 This way you can run the script and update your game frequently. Version 0.5 is very outdated.

Does your problem happen in singleplayer mode too?

(01-21-2012, 02:40 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Does your problem happen in singleplayer mode too?

I never tested that, i will.

Warrior
Yo Mr. Bougo,

I am amazed. In singleplayer mode it is much much better!!

Any idea why?

Warrior
Yo Mr. Bougo,

I am amazed. In singleplayer mode it is much much better!!

Any idea why?

Warrior

Yes, probably it is because you use the 0.5 release, and the server you played git or autobuild. 0.5 is just not compatible any more the current version, because of the csqc player models. Read more about that here:

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2454

BWT: if you need any help with this, I could also explain it in Dutch, if that works better for you Big Grin

(01-21-2012, 05:12 PM)Mepper Wrote: Yes, probably it is because you use the 0.5 release, and the server you played git or autobuild. 0.5 is just not compatible any more the current version, because of the csqc player models. Read more about that here:

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2454

BWT: if you need any help with this, I could also explain it in Dutch, if that works better for you Big Grin

hehe i am dutch!!

I experience huge movement lag on a GIT server using 0.5 and can not hit anything with any weapon. My connection is beautiful with a ping between 30 and 50 constantly and no packet loss, yet playing is virtually impossible. If this would be my first impression of Xonotic then I would be severely put off.

If the reason for this is what is suggested above then I suggest that a version 0.6 is to be released immediately. But only if this would cure it of course Wink New players might think this kind of lag is normal in Xonotic, something that could be highly damaging to the game's still brittle reputation.

By the way: I remember you from the Nexuiz days [SB]Warrior / fkrafft, welkom bij Xonotic Smile
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Hey Warrior. Good to see you here.
Fat.bot.Slim

That is fr sure because of the cscq player models. I have autobuild and don't have any problems at all.

And the new woxblox said 0.6 will be released very soon Smile

Which server(s) does that happen on? Could also be the effect of strong packet loss or ping jumps.

(01-22-2012, 11:10 AM)asy7um Wrote: Which server(s) does that happen on? Could also be the effect of strong packet loss or ping jumps.

Yo,

Happens on all servers, and not only on Xonotic, also on Nexuiz!!

WaRrIoR

Sounds like a bad network connection.. how does your netgraph look while playing?

(01-22-2012, 06:50 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: Hey Warrior. Good to see you here.

Yo RATM, same to you. Hope soon to play against u!

WaRrIoR
(01-22-2012, 02:09 PM)asy7um Wrote: Sounds like a bad network connection.. how does your netgraph look while playing?

I have a 50 mb connection. Good low ping and high FPS. I dont think this is the problem, wasnt on my old pc!

Thank u for reaction

WaRrIoR

Hmm, this all sounds very curious. Could you make a video of a short match that we ´see´ the problem?

Does it happen on autobuilds?

It might be your network controller, too.

Hello Warrior - very old player. Smile

I would try to use a recent build. Maybe the servers are very outdated or don't work with your current version very well.

If it happens on Nexuiz too I doubt very much that it is a CSQC related problem. Unless he is using Nexuiz 3.0 Smile)
Settings -> Network -> Show Netgraph
Then press F12 to create a screenshot in-game.

Good low ping doesn't necessary equal a lagfree connection btw.

Right, do you have package-loss (pl)?

Damn nobody listen to me ...
its the same problem i have will all autobuild and git servers.
I mentioned it in this post Post #20 and i was offended -.-

I cant change weapons on certain servers, on some servers autohop doesnt work, other servers have different versions of maps (e.g. runningman) so you stand on an invisible bridge and so on ...

Quote: It seems to me that the enemy is not there where i see him in screen. Nex hits better when i aim a bit to the position where the enemy is not yet on the screen!!!
Good to read that i am not the only one who have this problems. Thanks SB Warrior Smile
The mind is like a parachute, it only works, if it is open!

Then you should consider checking your network connection too.

We still don't know if the people who complain about the issue are using 0.5.0 or git (or autobuild), and what version the server is.

They should check their hardware if it happens with git to git. If it fails only with 0.5.0 to 0.5.0 or mixed versions, they should wait for 0.6 or get an autobuild. I do agree that compatibility between versions should be fixed if possible using compat packs like in the nexuiz svn days. RaptorFX, if this really is a serious issue for you, it deserves its own topic and not a hard to find offtopic conversation.

If it happens across different games (nexuiz<->xonotic in OPs case) I don't see how one could blame xonotic-exclusive features like CSQC for those problems. Beside of that, CSQC is still disabled on most git/autobuild servers so 0.5 clients should work without major problems (and are reported to work).

CSQC is not disabled in Xonotic, and it exists in Nexuiz 2.5.2. Maybe you're thinking of CQSC players.

I missed the part where he said it happened in Nexuiz too... Still, playing on git servers with a 0.5 client is not a proper way to test and report issues.

fkrafft should show us a netgraph perhaps.

(02-03-2012, 03:43 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: We still don't know if the people who complain about the issue are using 0.5.0 or git (or autobuild), and what version the server is.
I use the latest stable release of Xonotic, after my knowledge this is version 0.5. The problems occur on git and autobuild servers.

(02-03-2012, 03:43 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: If it fails only with 0.5.0 to 0.5.0 or mixed versions, they should wait for 0.6 or get an autobuild.
I wait for Xonotic 0.6

(02-03-2012, 03:43 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I do agree that compatibility between versions should be fixed if possible using compat packs like in the nexuiz svn days. RaptorFX, if this really is a serious issue for you, it deserves its own topic and not a hard to find offtopic conversation.
Well, you are right. I make a new topic. Thanks for your understanding Blush
The mind is like a parachute, it only works, if it is open!

Okay, then your problem is known and explained, and a solution can be discussed in your new thread. fkrafft's seems to be different, since it affects nexuiz too.