Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[SUGGESTION] 0 stars --> unrated thread

Hey!

Ich habe a suggestion for the forum mechanics.

It's weird that non-rated threads get 0 stars. I'd prefer them to get "not rated yet" caption or grayed out stars, or a "?" sign there indicating that the thread is not "worse than bad" but unrated.

What do you think?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

I don't care about those stars to be honest. They are not really useful in my eyes.

Rather something that you can "+1" posts (only one time of course) if they are really good.
If a topic got a lot of those votes -> the stars would raise.

I think that's something to submit to MyBB.

No.

I think that's something to submit to -z- because he said he'd update the forum a long while ago Tongue

(02-10-2012, 11:30 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I think that's something to submit to -z- because he said he'd update the forum a long while ago Tongue

"Last Visit: 21.10.2011, 22:17"

Tongue

Id rather get rid of the thread rating altogether, i see no point in it. Or is there an example here where it actually "does something useful"?

It fills my pages with links that are so easy to click by accident in pentadactyl/vimperator. I must have misrated tens of threads by now.

uncle -z- is busy irl , like we all get , from time to time.

not the best thing for the forum , or the game , but ya still have to respect and wish well for anyone in the same position. (i moved from city to remote desert just recently , and my tunes are suffering from it)

as far as the stars go , i do take notice of them , and ill click on them if they of an interest and ild like to point it out to the masses

maybe they should be used more...

t

:^

Of course we respect his work and RL situation, but it's not a good thing that he's the only guy in charge of this if he's so rarely available.

ill try to have a chat with him , sort this out

t

:^

woa a rating system? how long has that been there....

(02-14-2012, 06:00 PM)hutty Wrote: woa a rating system? how long has that been there....

hmm.... like... from the very beginning? Wink
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Singleplayer ideas thread ThePWTULN 13 18,457 04-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Obligatory weapon balance thread!!111!!1!oneone! rafallus 48 40,239 03-18-2012, 05:50 AM
Last Post: .Danny.
  [SUGGESTION] minsta thread zypresse 6 7,527 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Last Post: XV22