Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEED HELP] xonotic-map-compiler

hello,

so I want to compile my maps via text commando, and itsme gave me that awesome script written in perl

http://git.xonotic.org/?p=xonotic/xonoti...=HEAD;js=1

Thanks a lot itsme! But still some question remains, for example, I dont get how to give paramters to the compiler via the script. All I want is to compile a map with very simple settings:

Code:
-meta -v -light -fast

Code:
./perlit.pl /home/xonotic/Xonotic-High/data/maps/dm3_xonotic.map -bsp -meta -v -vis -fast -light -fast

such things like -bsp is irrelevant, -v unkown parameter etc etc.

So my question like mentioned before, how to give paramters to this script? Thanks in advance
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

Have you tried what you posted there in your code block? Because that should work?

My problem is that I really dont know what the script is actually doing. When I complile with my pc with:

[q3map2] -meta -v "[MapFile]"
[q3map2] -light -fast "[MapFile]"

It take like one minute. When i compile the map with the script on the old one it takes like 13 minutes (747 seconds elapsed). Now you can argue that's just because my server is old, but take a look at this line which appears on the very end by compiling the map and on the very start by compiling the light:

Code:
$ /home/xonotic/netradiant-linux/install/q3map2.x86 -fs_forbiddenpath xonotic*-data*.pk3* -fs_forbiddenpath xonotic*-nexcompat*.pk3* -game xonotic -fs_basepath /home/xonotic/xonotic -fs_basepath /tmp/xonotic-map-compiler.bU1yIH -v -vis -fast /home/xonotic/xonotic/data/maps/dm3_xonotic.map

No -light -fast in this line, and compiling light takes ages! Furthermore it also compiles/renders a minimap which also takes its time.

In conclusion I'm guessing the script ingnores some parameters or all of them D:
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Change mapinfo to make a CTF map a CTS map. Bhagwa-Yodhak-69 3 2,331 09-08-2020, 06:03 AM
Last Post: _para
  [NEEDS INFO] cant download map, black map area jaybates86 5 6,916 10-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  [SOLVED] [SOLUTION] Compiler cannot find libssl.dll (Windows 7) ALT-F-X 3 8,284 10-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo