Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[HUD] Luma Focused - Version 1.1!

Sad 
Luma Focused

While browsing the Xonotic forum, I noticed that there weren't a lot of good HUDs out there that really captured the essence of modern, futuristic, or just plain competitive hud configs. So I made my own.

Some screenshots:

[Image: Ovl1D2B.jpeg]
[Image: AHUrFSP.jpeg]
[Image: 7y5W2fn.jpeg]

I hope you guys enjoy my work Smile

Also, I've attached the cfg to the attachments of this forum post just in case my Mega link doesn't work.

.cfg   hud_luma_focused_v1_1.cfg (Size: 15.26 KB / Downloads: 0) - v1.1

.cfg   hud_luma_focused_speed.cfg (Size: 15.26 KB / Downloads: 0) - Speed Ver.

.cfg   hud_luma_focused.cfg (Size: 15.26 KB / Downloads: 0) - v1.0

Drop the cfg in C:\Users\[Your Account]\Saved Games\xonotic\data\data as-is and enjoy!

Nice and useful, especially for new players. Great work.
My personal preference says that there are way to many things in the way obstructing the view and affecting aim focus. But it is just me.

P.S. So thaaaat's how Trident looks without picmip!
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

(02-15-2024, 12:09 PM)Pendulla Wrote: Nice and useful, especially for new players. Great work.
My personal preference says that there are way to many things in the way obstructing the view and affecting aim focus. But it is just me.

P.S. So thaaaat's how Trident looks without picmip!

I had the same thought initially but I suppose when you think about it, the vast majority of aiming in Xonotic is at moving targets. The human eye is extremely well adapted to distinguish layers of parallax as well as objects moving through thick screens of stationary vegetation. If you have ever been driving in the rain and let it collect on your windshield until it begins to obscure the road (I mean.. do this in a parking lot not somewhere where you could hurt somebody) it is fascinating how it can be almost impossible to see anything through the windshield with your head stationary but as soon as you move your head (swaying it side to side like a weirdo) the difference in motion, *the parallax*, allows your mind to instantaneously separate the rain on the window from the view of the road behind it.

The human eye already does quite a bit of masking stationary imperfections in your vision so that you consciously don't perceive them (such as blood vessels in your eye). It is actually way less of a difficult ask than it seems to the human eye to ignore a couple of minimal, mostly static icons near the center of your vision, and the utility in not having to take your eyes off the center of your aim is undeniable.

I'll have to try it!

(please don't drive like an idiot unless it is in a video game).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] xonotic nouvelle version helloitsme 8 6,711 02-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  wii version possible? jacob 22 22,832 06-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Last Post: AnArKiSt