Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
1v1 Commentaries

Hello! Me and Scorpion have just released our newest 1v1 commentary between ourselves on final_rage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWRsH4TjsQ0

This is our 4th commentary, but we will be doing a lot more when xonotic comes out.

The rest of the commentaries are on http://www.youtube.com/talionisnexuiz

ALSO we would really like it if you guys could recommend any good 1v1s demos from version 2.5.2 or svn, that we could do some videos on so people can see other people then just us playing. We'd also like to see some pretty high leveled players i.e. kojn, green`marine or someone like that. So just reply to the thread if you want any matches commentated on.

Enjoy! Big Grin

Good stuff.
I would like some commentary of some of your TDM matches.

btw, you said the name just fine about 6 times, with the english pronunciation (zonotic)

Good stuff guys, hoping to see more! Nice to see somebody do this, very interesting stuff.

Just a suggestion tho, what would be really great and helpful for people starting in 1v1, is if you commented your own demos and explained a bit more what you were thinking during the match, like, why you chose to use a particular route and not the other, why you're being sneaky at a particular moment, what you're thinking when you're not in control and what you're doing to gain it back, etc. That's something I've always wanted to do but I'm not comfortable enough with my english, unless I were to do it with subtitles but that would suck Wink

[EDIT] I just watched the commentary on ruiner, that was closer to what I just explained, very nice Smile

Oh... and commentating some good CTF matches would be interesting (even pub matches) where you explain what you are thinking during the match. That could be very useful for a lot of inexperienced CTFers who mainly play DM during CTF matches.

(04-12-2010, 01:58 AM)Dokujisan Wrote: I would like some commentary of some of your TDM matches.

The only reason why I'm hesitant to do this is because then it would only be from mine or scorpion's pov which then would cut out some of the action, but now that I think about it, it should be okay.
(04-12-2010, 05:39 AM)nifrek Wrote: Just a suggestion tho, what would be really great and helpful for people starting in 1v1, is if you commented your own demos and explained a bit more what you were thinking during the match, like, why you chose to use a particular route and not the other, why you're being sneaky at a particular moment, what you're thinking when you're not in control and what you're doing to gain it back, etc. That's something I've always wanted to do but I'm not comfortable enough with my english, unless I were to do it with subtitles but that would suck ;)

Yea, this last one was kind of an update to where we have been, but as we get more out we will definitely do this more.

And thank you for the kind words :) expect more soon ;)

Need one of the epic nifrek v usil demos commented on. Or were they destroyed nif? I got a ctf demo where I end the match with like 38 fckills, that commentary would be redundant. Smile

Yeah, like your videos!

Hope to see more of that stuff by you! Smile

I´ve loads of demos with some nice shots, a lot of them 1on1...

You guys should talk to PCL, he's making a great frag compilation video. He showed me the first 50 seconds or so of it; very high quality, fitting music, and it's just him nailing everyone Tongue Good commentary on that FR vid Gammy and Scorp, fun to listen to and watch. I'll try demoing my matches more often and see if anything good comes out of it. Wanna see more of this though definitely.
[Image: panzersig.png]

I've been inspired. I'm gonna make a commentary video of myself watching TV.

"Here is where I laugh really hard at some joke...here it comes...hahaha... oh man, I thought that was so funny!! Look at my face! I found that very clever.... Oh, here's where I gotta pause the DVR because the phone rang. Damn people trying to talk to me!"

(04-12-2010, 03:04 PM)PanzerZero Wrote: You guys should talk to PCL, he's making a great frag compilation video. He showed me the first 50 seconds or so of it; very high quality, fitting music, and it's just him nailing everyone Tongue

I have tried many times making a frag video. It either exploded or died by a horrible disease. So for now we're just gonna stick with commentaries with barely any editing. ;D

(04-12-2010, 08:24 AM)Dokujisan Wrote: Oh... and commentating some good CTF matches would be interesting (even pub matches) where you explain what you are thinking during the match. That could be very useful for a lot of inexperienced CTFers who mainly play DM during CTF matches.

What we eventually to happen is so there is enough clan activity so that we can record the commentary live while the match is happening so we can spec different people so we can see what is going on all over the map instead of just watching one person's point of view. But definitely we are gonna do most of all game modes, maybe even ca ;o and for commentating on pub matches, I usually just run around and kill people then attempt to cap the flag sometimes, and I usually never go on a pub to try and win for my team, its mostly just for me to have some fun killing action.

And I think we may go back to that old 1v1 tourney way back when and pick some demos out from that too do if you guys don't mind seeing some 2.4.2 action ;D

EDIT: maybe some aussie duel matches...also

Hello agama! Smile you play well,i remember you to first NML - nexuiz minsta league as referee with my first in-game name anjelradko,this is my second and last in-game name Smile

(04-12-2010, 06:17 PM)Agamalama Wrote: EDIT: maybe some aussie duel matches...also
Demos will be up latest this sunday for all Duel Invitational Finals. Also this weekend is our Winners Bracket Final and Losers Bracket Preliminary Final, so some quality games coming up! Thanks for even considering us <3
[Image: forum.png]

(04-12-2010, 11:57 AM)soze Wrote: Need one of the epic nifrek v usil demos commented on. Or were they destroyed nif? I got a ctf demo where I end the match with like 38 fckills, that commentary would be redundant. Smile

I deleted nexuiz at some point when I took a break, so all my demos are gone. Maybe demos of tourney are up somewhere, but from what I remember, our Tourney matches weren't that great, it was actually very weird, we both couldn't hit anything with nex at all and barely ever saw each other, it was 20 minutes of prediction shots Wink Anyway, I wouldn't recommend those. Otherwise there has not been any "epic" matches from me since I came back, I'd much rather see some kojn match with commentary, his style of play is much more strategic and less aggressive than us NA players and I think everyone would beneficiate from that.

(04-12-2010, 04:15 PM)Dokujisan Wrote: I've been inspired. I'm gonna make a commentary video of myself watching TV.

"Here is where I laugh really hard at some joke...here it comes...hahaha... oh man, I thought that was so funny!! Look at my face! I found that very clever.... Oh, here's where I gotta pause the DVR because the phone rang. Damn people trying to talk to me!"

Holyshit I so wanna see this.

What's a commentary?
No matter where you go, there you are.

(04-14-2010, 06:45 PM)rabs Wrote:
(04-12-2010, 06:17 PM)Agamalama Wrote: EDIT: maybe some aussie duel matches...also
Demos will be up latest this sunday for all Duel Invitational Finals. Also this weekend is our Winners Bracket Final and Losers Bracket Preliminary Final, so some quality games coming up! Thanks for even considering us <3

Well you have those giant signatures and you guys actually have tourneys! something NA community never does.

WELL, here we are back with more! This finals match is from the Australian Bison Medley Tournament, 1v1 portion. it is in two parts because the match is 15 minutes long and youtube only allows 10. Its a good match and heres the link!
We did use Skype this time for transmitting our voices so hopefully it sounds a little better on my end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjDp1SxkIGU

Part 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqVtbv_hm2Y

Enjoy!

I've not really been online for a week, been pokering it up, but I will get two demo's from my games against green`marine and do some commentary on it, I will try to upload for Wedenesday evening for you guys.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

nice to see somethign like this FINALLY happening... could definitely use some improvement (simply watch other commentaries from different tourneys/games) as far as the actual commentary, but moving in the right direction regardless

check out some of the duel commentary http://www.quake-live.tv/media.php?vf=duels[/php]

nice commentary vid

i play a lot of other games and there are podcasts and livestreams during a game with special guests from other countries. maybe it makes ur vids more enjoyable, but its not that important.

and in the end some interviews with the players!?
i wanna hear em talking about the game.
btw.

great work. hope we ll see more soon.

c-r

Mine should be ready for Sunday guys.

The frag at 9:42 was ACE Tongue.

By the way, I had an idea, may also be interesting for kojn: when ever you want to elaborate on some situation a bit more, you'd normally pause the game. However, I suppose noone does that because it would mean to put lots of time into editing the final movie. So what I thought you might do is:

- while commentating the demo, also cl_capturevideo it, but using the cl_capturevideo_realtime option. Of course, as this stresses the harddrive a lot, why not use a very small capture resolution (e.g. by setting cl_capturevideo width/height to 640/480). Test what your PC can keep up with. So, while you are watching+recording+commentating the demo, use the pausedemo function whenever you see fit. Make sure that your config.cfg you use for recording does show the game time, and actually you can just use the low-quality config that you play with anyway (to get many FPS and stress the CPU/GPU little).
- When you are done with commentating, record the demo again, this time "as usual" (no "realtime" capture mode, but capture with high resolution, high graphics settings, whatever... use my demo recorder! Tongue).
- Open your video editing program, put both the low-resolution preview clip, and the high resolution clip, into the timeline
- Put the audio-commentary into the timeline and sync it to the low-resolution movie
- then sync the high resolution clip to the low-resolution clip, cutting the high-resolution clip into pieces at all those spots where you paused the game (which you can clearly see using the timestamp in the low-resolution clip, or actually just comparing what you see in the low and high-res clips, so you might not even need timestamps after all). To fill the gaps (where you paused the game), your editing program will either require you to create still-images of the last frame of each moment where you paused, or it might be able to fill it with that automatically
- FInally, delete the low-resolution clip, fine tune audio levels of in-game sound with audio-commentary sound level
- export the "final" video out of your video editing software and publish on youtube Tongue. You will most likely have to split your clips anyway, since when using pausedemo, the clip will be quite long.

Hope that helps!

I would be willing to do some commentary. I used to call Quake games back in the day.
Latest obsession.

We are willing to have guest commentators Smile but it may be a little hectic with 3 people trying to talk at once :S

Green I have thought about the same idea, I was going to record the video then do the commentary in the timeline, or just pause it in-game as I watch the demo back and then commentate.

I will be doing this after my first 2 commentaries I'm just getting used to it all still, I need to iron out some of my lingo, and I have some big pauses in some spots.

I just need to record the demo's now put them on the timeline - export - upload and there ready Smile

reminds me of your frag movie

btw you can add it to your achievements

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic Duel Commentaries Antibody 118 114,231 04-27-2020, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  1v1 ruined by spectators voting W4RP1G 22 20,553 03-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Last Post: W4RP1G
  Xonotic Duel Commentaries - (VoDs) Live games - commentary included. kojn^ 16 19,124 12-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  CTF Commentaries Antibody 18 15,353 12-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  domination aspect in 1v1 Rage_ATWM 9 7,519 11-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Last Post: PinkRobot