Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's new in XonStat

Hi everyone! Overkill weapons are now visible in the game info page, so you can now see the full damage dealt and hit percentages of guns like RPC, HMG, and all of the other weapons prefixed with "ok". They were (fortunately) always stored in the database, just never were whitelisted to be shown until now.

In addition, the weapons and game types are backed by a newly-generated glyph font based on our Luma graphics set in the mediasource repository. Along with that new font comes a sync of all of the weapon colors so they all match with what is found in-game. You'll see those colors whenever a weapon icon is shown as well as in the weapon charts on player pages.

Enjoy!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Why is it important for the colors to match? Am I the only one who doesn't care about stuff like that? haha

In a word: consistency. We make sure to keep the colors of the weapon pickups and such consistent in the game (e.g. simpleitems), so why *wouldn't* we expect the same when we see those weapons on the web?

You can now see your skill values on your player info page, on the tabs for game modes where you have them. The values come in the form of a range, with your true value somewhere within it (it's a normal distribution and those are the values for "mu" and 3x "sigma"). As you play more and more, expect to see the range narrow accordingly. Happy holidays!

Do you have an idea why my games aren't available under my profile (https://stats.xonotic.org/player/75551) since June 2 of this year? My stats are available under the games I play (e.g. https://stats.xonotic.org/game/1864278), but my name isn't clickable. Sending stats and displaying my name are enabled in the Profile tab.

When I first started to play, in 2015, I had a similar issue; it was fixed by installing the xonotic-server package (on openSUSE). That package is still installed.

Information 
Yesterday evening (EDT) I enabled support for the new Mayhem and Team Mayhem game modes into XonStat. Check out the blog post I wrote about it. Happy fragging!

(04-09-2023, 11:36 AM)Antibody Wrote: Yesterday evening (EDT) I enabled support for the new Mayhem and Team Mayhem game modes into XonStat. Check out the blog post I wrote about it. Happy fragging!

Thank you multi million times. Amazing. I'm happy. No more missing time on stats. Thank you again.
FAF - FERIS - COPENHAGEN - DENMARK - GNU/Linux  Heart
Homepage: https://feris-xonotic.net

If I'm not mistaken, accuracy is calculated only for hitscan weapons. I imagine there's a technical reason for this, but I'd still like to ask why that is. I use mortar and devastator often, so it would be cool to have accuracy stats on those too. 

Is something like that feasible at all? In theory it sounds like all you'd have to do is something like shots hit / shots fired.
[Image: yrGDjz8.jpg]

It's intentional. Accuracy doesn't mean much with splash damage weapons because no matter how much damage you deal (>= 1HP, of course), it will count as a hit. Including such figures in the accuracy chart dilutes its value. That's why there are two charts.

(06-27-2023, 08:21 AM)Antibody Wrote: It's intentional. Accuracy doesn't mean much with splash damage weapons because no matter how much damage you deal (>= 1HP, of course), it will count as a hit. Including such figures in the accuracy chart dilutes its value. That's why there are two charts.

It still feels like a waste that we'd discard splash damage weapons entirely. What if we just used a separate chart and maybe a different way to calculate splash damage accuracy?

Let's suppose a direct hit causes 100 damage. A hit with splash damage might cause, say, 40 damage, so we could count it as 40% of a full hit. Or 0.4 hits. 

You think that could work?
[Image: yrGDjz8.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XonStat turns 1! Antibody 13 12,027 10-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Last Post: harry_ftw
  XonStat FAQ Antibody 2 4,741 04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Antibody