Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustrating graphical issues with Netradiant, issues with textures not appearing

Greetings!

I am somebody who would really like to get into mapping for Xonotic, so ive downloaded Netradiant and the mapping support files, however I am having some issues that are just making me see red right now. First up are these graphical issues, on start up, all I see is grey, and I will have to fight with the program for about a minute by zooming in and our of certain windows, shaking it around etc to get a normal view so I can actually see what I'm doing. See pictures in links attached:

http://imgur.com/nLQGl

http://imgur.com/afq6p

If you are observant, you may also notice the greyed out texture browser, and the complete lack of textures in addition. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this work, and trust me, I've been at it for some time, browsing the forums etc, and I think if I tried any further right now, I'd snap my laptop in half, out of sheer frustration. If some kind magician would be able to make these problems just, disappear, so I can actually focus on mapping, it would be immensely appreciated. Thanks. Smile

Hi and welcome!

This is probably a silly question, but are your graphics drivers up to date? What gfx card do you have?

I'm not a netradiant whiz myself, so that's all I can ask. Other people will hopefully know better.

Yes, fully up to date, I am using a NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M.

Ok ... weird issues I see ...
I use net radiant alot ... and it is a very quirky program
You haven't given any specs of you os ... but based on the screen shots I am assuming you are using win 7
(and have minecraft installed Big Grin)

things you could try ------

Disabling aero glass (switch to win classic theme)
or
enable
Aero glass transparency (which appears to be off)
play around with various compatibility settings in the properties menu
run it in xp mode (if available)
restart your computer (if you haven't done it yet)
try running it without anything running in the background (like steam and such)

We need more information to give better answers ...

what version of win 7 are you using?
what version of radiant ... and where did you get it from ...

If all else fails ... you could run it using linux in an emulator ... but that would be inconvenient

(06-07-2012, 12:27 PM)hutty Wrote: Ok ... weird issues I see ...
I use net radiant alot ... and it is a very quirky program
You haven't given any specs of you os ... but based on the screen shots I am assuming you are using win 7
(and have minecraft installed Big Grin)

things you could try ------

Disabling aero glass (switch to win classic theme)
or
enable
Aero glass transparency (which appears to be off)
play around with various compatibility settings in the properties menu
run it in xp mode (if available)
restart your computer (if you haven't done it yet)
try running it without anything running in the background (like steam and such)

We need more information to give better answers ...

what version of win 7 are you using?
what version of radiant ... and where did you get it from ...

If all else fails ... you could run it using linux in an emulator ... but that would be inconvenient

Correct, this is Win 7 home premium running service pack 1 on a 64 bit system. I am using the latest version of radiant, as i got it from your website underneath the Xonotic download. I can attempt xp mode but I recall that in the past that has failed. The program tends to turn Aero off when it boots up. And as inconvenient as it may be, I could try running the program with no steam in the background (typically the only thing i leave on.) but im not sure what difference that would make.

ok ... you are using the correct version of radiant ...
my brother ran radiant in win7 64bit w/out any issues ...

ok ... so see the bottom pane on radiant (the boring text one that appears to have no issues ...) what does it say in there?

(06-08-2012, 11:12 AM)hutty Wrote: ok ... you are using the correct version of radiant ...
my brother ran radiant in win7 64bit w/out any issues ...

ok ... so see the bottom pane on radiant (the boring text one that appears to have no issues ...) what does it say in there?

OpenGL window configuration: colour-buffer = 32bpp, depth-buffer = none
GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_RENDERER: GeForce GT 335M/PCIe/SSE2
GL_VERSION: 3.3.0
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objeGL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objeGL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objeGL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objeGL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objeGL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_qu
Anisotropic filtering possible (max 16x)
Loaded Texture: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Xonotic/mapping/netradiant-1.5.0-20120301/bitmaps/notex.bmp"
OpenGL window configuration: colour-buffer = 32bpp, depth-buffer = 32bpp
Loading tag file C:/Users/Chromatose/AppData/Roaming/NetRadiantSettings/1.5.0/xonotic.game/shadertags.xml.
Texture load failed: "textures/"
brushDragNew
dragTool

Quote:Texture load failed: "textures/"

... that doesn't sound good ... I'll see if mine says that tomorrow

Normally NetRadiant only shows these problems when desktop composition is on. Which is why it disables it temporarily.

Can you try ensuring your graphics driver is up to date, and is the driver from the chip vendor's site, not the one included with Windows?
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Make a shortcut of Radiant and then look at the things under the compatibility tab. It should look like this: http://www.windows7password.net/wp-conte...y-Mode.jpg

Then select disable desktop composition and visual themes. You might want to run it in Windows XP mode as well (from the drop down list).

(06-11-2012, 06:39 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Make a shortcut of Radiant and then look at the things under the compatibility tab. It should look like this: http://www.windows7password.net/wp-conte...y-Mode.jpg

Then select disable desktop composition and visual themes. You might want to run it in Windows XP mode as well (from the drop down list).

http://imgur.com/W80Vq

http://imgur.com/JmqIG

(06-11-2012, 01:42 AM)divVerent Wrote: Normally NetRadiant only shows these problems when desktop composition is on. Which is why it disables it temporarily.

Can you try ensuring your graphics driver is up to date, and is the driver from the chip vendor's site, not the one included with Windows?

Yes, it has the latest update straight from the Nvidia site.

Code:
GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.
GL_RENDERER: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series
GL_VERSION: 3.3.11631 Compatibility Profile Context
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_AMDX_debug_output GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_debug_output GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_name_gen_delete GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_AMD_sample_positions GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array GL_AMD_texture_texture4 GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_GL_AMDX_debug_output GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_debug_output GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_name_gen_delete GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_AMD_sample_positions GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array GL_AMD_texture_texture4 GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_GL_AMDX_debug_output GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_debug_output GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_name_gen_delete GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_AMD_sample_positions GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array GL_AMD_texture_texture4 GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_GL_AMDX_debug_output GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_debug_output GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_name_gen_delete GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_AMD_sample_positions GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array GL_AMD_texture_texture4 GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_GL_AMDX_debug_output GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_debug_output GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_name_gen_delete GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_AMD_sample_positions GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array GL_AMD_texture_texture4 GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elem
Anisotropic filtering possible (max 16x)
Loaded Texture: "/home/hutty/apps/xon/Xonotic/mapping/netradiant-1.5.0-20120114/install/bitmaps/notex.bmp"
OpenGL window configuration: colour-buffer = 32bpp, depth-buffer = 24bpp
Unable to find default tag file /home/hutty/apps/xon/Xonotic/mapping/netradiant-1.5.0-20120114/install/xonotic.game/shadertags.xml. No tag support.
Texture load failed: "textures/"
brushDragNew

here is what my working netradiant says (linux mint 12 64 bit ati mobility)

mine shows the "texture load failed" thing after dragging the first brush ... so it doesn't mean anything

One thing to try is BEFORE starting radiant turn you theme to windows classic (ugly win 95 style) does it still have issues after that?

Try running GBoost. It will shut down unnecessary processes. Also give CCleaner a run.

Also, about those images you posted, what were you trying to say? That you can't access the desktop?

(06-12-2012, 01:26 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Try running GBoost. It will shut down unnecessary processes. Also give CCleaner a run.

Also, about those images you posted, what were you trying to say? That you can't access the desktop?

Those images were the result of your advice. i.e still at square one with the problem regardless. And ive used those programs in the past, other than essential processes ive tried the program with practically nothing going on in the background to no avail.

I really have no other advice for you ...

I suggest you do one of 2 things

1 -- talk to divVerent (using forum pm system) he is a developer ... and I think has worked on this program before

2 -- install linux in a virtual machine (vmware ... openbox) and run radiant from there ...
.... ... (if you do dont use suse ... radiant doesn't work there either (different reason though))

Radiant requires uses 3d accel, right? Running it in a VM might not be the best idea.

Its worth a try ... and vmware does support 3d acceleration (I think)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow NetRadiant-custom Garux 25 12,258 03-06-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: anoob
  Updated Xonotic gamepacks for NetRadiant and NetRadiant-custom SpiKe 2 1,808 06-25-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: anoob
  [NEED HELP] No Spawn Point In NetRadiant Map daspeller 0 22,120 10-19-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: daspeller
Information Updated NetRadiant builds illwieckz 7 7,811 06-29-2022, 02:33 AM
Last Post: illwieckz
  Can't get netradiant to work with Xonotic NoClue 2 2,393 06-14-2022, 01:25 PM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Custom NetRadiant Textures / Textures Not Loading 3agle427 3 3,948 09-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: HIBANEZ
  Netradiant brush outline in 2D view grid mode Nyx 2 1,594 08-05-2021, 12:27 AM
Last Post: Nyx
  NetRadiant for Xonotic? Betaversion 3 2,377 12-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Betaversion
  Textures: evillair's eU Texture Set Julius 1 1,716 11-27-2020, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Julius
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,278 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox