Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Game Ever ;) ReBounce 2

Download here:

https://github.com/divVerent/rebounce2/downloads

I made this in 2000, recently found the source and made it build, and made it emulate the 320x240 graphics mode on current systems (it was originally coded for DOS). Also fixed the copyright violations Wink

Online score submitting works, but there is no website yet. That's for later... so you will see a crap no-css view when submitting scores.

There is a Windows build above on github, and Linux users can clone the repository and compile it. It needs allegro4.

BTW: the spawn sound in Xonotic (when players enter the arena) actually was originally made by me for this game.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Are there any screenshots from it?
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

MY EYES!!! OH MY GOD, MY EYES!!!

Also, the game sucks.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

[Image: 21s.jpg] [Image: 17s.jpg]

You basically control that ball to go around the level, to find the exit and enter it.

(08-08-2012, 06:07 AM)divVerent Wrote: You basically control that ball

(08-08-2012, 06:07 AM)divVerent Wrote: control that ball

(08-08-2012, 06:07 AM)divVerent Wrote: control

Yes, control: It's damn horrible! Vertical movement is just too damn slow compared to horizontal speed in some levels, and the jumping (POINT OF THE GAME) seems very stiff and, like, without ANY physics. You just move from one square to the other with a deceiving animation.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

The jumping is actually not much the point. But well.

There is also a mode with actual physics. Try playing the levels prefixed with (1). The "previous" levels are actually dumbed down versions of the (1) ones of ReBounce, because nobody could play it because it was too difficult to care for physics all the time...

But do note I wrote this in 2000, while I was at school, and just learning C++. This is what I learned C++ with.

I like it somehow. Big Grin

Welp. That was fun. I don't have the courage to complete it, and I made the mistake of picking easy mode. Bleh Tongue

EDIT: I'm 't' in the scoreboard.

Cool game:
Nice bouncing around, but vertical movement... could be enhanced.
When we talk about visuals.... Hmm. I think one pipe or two would be fine.
On the level with turrets the end is invisible.
I like this main boss (cube)
I don't like that teleporters are invisible (and also their destinations).
One big hug for this music! Well done!

Well, after replacing most of the textures with those from Minecraft, I have a game that at least won't cause a grand seizure (maybe a small one). Honestly, the levels with physics enabled are equally hard -- maybe because this game looks like it was made for a joystick. If this was your first game, though, then congratz. My first experiment with SDL was... different. (as seen here: git://gitorious.org/stuff-i-sometimes-do/sdl2.git or here: https://www.gitorious.org/stuff-i-sometimes-do/sdl2 )

Well, that's not a game yet. I mainly programmed the game to learn OO concepts... and that it succeeded at.

What you did in sdl2 reminds me of when I started to learn programming... in QBasic and Turbo Pascal. Exactly the stuff I did back then, except I didn't have truecolor graphics available and thus always worked in 16c or 256c modes.

Which BTW leads me to: I recommend ANYONE here who wants to learn programming to eventually try to code a simple game that is based on OO concepts one way or another. It will help you a lot learning the language and programming in general.

Ideally do NOT use a specialized game engine for this (no, not DarkPlaces either). Libraries to save you from learning how to use hardware are of course allowed (e.g. SDL, Allegro).

Typical games based on OO concepts:
- Jump'n'run and variants (like I did)
- Shoot'em'up games (2D sidescrollers typically)
- Adventures with moving monsters (even text adventures)
- About anything 3D (but probably too complex to start with)
- About anything with "different types of enemies"
- Simpler games if you extend them by OO ideas on your own (example: Arkanoid = Breakout + enemies)

If you played my game, BTW, you will recognize a mixture of different game styles in it - a mixture that cannot be found that often. Intentionally in it are:
- Oxyd (moving a ball around a course, avoiding to hit obstacles) BTW: there is an open source remake of Oxyd called Enigma
- Jump'n'run
- Bomberman (especially the 2P mode and the boss fights)

hehe, I'm also unable to complete it tbh, but it's a nice game indeed.
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

I just committed changes to make it a bit easier to complete Tongue

1. some txt files added to the repo to explain the most evil levels
2. "this one is old", "Aufgepasst!", "<I>schwer</I>" and "?!?!?! ???" now feature extra life items (when you die, you will then instead be teleported to the last extra life item you picked up)

What level were you on, Sless?

Now also with pause key.

That game would have been hi-tech hmm... 30(?) years ago.)
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

http://rebounce2.sudo.rm-f.org/hiscore.pl

The total scores bit made me laugh, but that yt link is the wrong one! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Can I ask:
  • Is there any way to change the resolution?
  • Why is there a delay every time I win or lose a level (it should be smoother!)
  • WTF IS THIS SHIT? Tongue

Wow! That's a lot cooler than what me and the three other classmates I worked with put together as our final assignment in computer information systems at the tech school I went to. We initially wanted to do a console application that was a text-based adventure with a few branches on it, the end result however was something that gave you a false sense of choice because it didn't really branch, but still had different choices for the situations (usually a good, bad, or in between with different text displayed depending on what you did, however you still moved through in a linear fashion) you got into. One of the cooler elements though was it's use of ASCII art for different characters you ran into. Wish I still had a copy of that program lying around.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  if anyone was ever wondering... Totally_Cool 0 4,075 04-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Totally_Cool
  Electronic Arts is officially the worst company in America Lee_Stricklin 19 18,936 04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo