Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
unfa's music | Space Pirates (v.04)

Not repetitive at all, it makes perfect background music, this will definitely work as a level song.

PS - Host with dropbox, no wait times, or intermediate hosts, it's just a direct download.

One very fine piece of gaming music, would love to see this end up in the game.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

sounds good Smile i like how chookstas style and yours maybe too now is going to background-music Smile

imo the drums are a bit too "clicky" (i cant' describe it better) in the first part.

@everybody: Thanks for feedback Smile Would you (master)mind if I quote you guys in my sig? Smile

Also: I have no limits in mediafire (except for single file size), and do they have any waiting time? I didn't know that... anyway, I'am gonna give dropbox a try. Thx for suggestion, master[mind]

(12-06-2010, 11:28 AM)jaykay Wrote: drums are a bit too "clicky" (i cant' describe it better) in the first part.

I think I know what do you mean. 'Overpunch' Big Grin I'll consider this while working on v. 3, thanks for suggestion Smile

I've made Waves (v. 1 & 2) within about 2 hours non-stop. I first created main riff, then recorded beatbox, then made a beat on top of it. I think I almost got that nice trippy fast D'n'B drumloop thing... Smile It's 160 bpm

As for style, yeah i think I'am starting to get how this background music should be done like Smile It's not a stand-alone thing, it has to play together with the picture. I was playing Xono, then I got some melody in my head, I turned it off and started doing Smile This looks like a good strategy for making music for the game - maybe it could be used to make music for specific maps Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Waves (v. 3)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Wee! It has a new epic part. I hope it won't brake the backgroundness of this track but improve player's expirience and pump his soul with daRRkneZZ until he wins the match.

I was also considering recording some psychedelic vocal part but I think it would be too much. Too much of daRRkneZZ Wink

I think I'am getting close to drum sound I want. I still have some unwanted clickiness in kick, but I can't find out what's the cause of it.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Sounds great! I think the term "repetition" in music is misused. If each chunk is only played once, the song would feel rushed and short, no matter how long it is. Using repetition in any form allows the mind to dwell on the melody and harmony chunk enough to let it set it, then it moves on unfolding another piece of the song. This song is a great example of moving on at the right times in the right increments. TBH, you and chooksta have some amazingly great background music, we're getting some great high quality content for this game.

Thanks a lot Smile I'am happy you like it! Gotta be making moar tunes like this then Smile

Loopy-Schwoopy Tune (v. 1)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
It uses a big magnet on a string to propel itself forward unti11...

...f0r3\/@RRR!!!1oneone

No. Seriously.

Turn it on in your Loopy-Schwoopy player and start a Loopy-Schwoopy match with your folks! I bet you'd be sick of this just 45 minutes later! Keep Loopy-Schwoopy!
Loopy-Schwoopy cheers!

*hand made

Now it much more than just a loop! Step with m3h! Big Grin

Loopy-Schwoopy Tune (v. 2)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Beat (v. 1)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

I'am gonna rap to this. But sounds pretty good as a background music.

Inverted (v. 4)
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

I think this one sounds more consistent that my previous work.
It's all ZynAddSubFX via LMMS 0.4.9.

Updated to version 4.

Thank you chooksta for inspiring me to get a dedicated site for my music Smile

Check out my new tune! It's chiptune! Smile

http://unfamusic.com/?p=125

sweeet!

strut!

:^
oh and unfa , i have to put all credit to two guys that helped me alot with my site,

uncle -z- , and super awesome %100 fhishy (known here as ... )

they are too kind for old chooky , same goes 4 alot of people in this community!

:^

Lol, there was 4444 views of this thread Big Grin

I've got a renewed piece: Analogish

Check it here.

If you want to have it in the game, I will loop it and deliver sources.

Have fun! Big Grin

oh, cool stuff!
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(03-24-2011, 11:40 AM)unfa Wrote: I've got a renewed piece: Analogish

Check it here.

Good Shit!

Thanks, guys Big Grin

A slowish drum'n'bass track I have finished after weeks of work Smile

http://unfamusic.com/?p=189

Another awesome track, definitely would like to hear it in-game.

Oh wait.

Thanks! Big Grin

Here is a little sneak peak form an album I'm working on Wink

I thought you guys might like to have it in the game Wink

[SOURCE]
[MP3 AUDIO]
[OGG AUDIO]

It's ready for mastering, it's quiet but preserves all dynamics of the sound. If you want to feel it - turn it up!.

I think that all stuff should be done like this (i mean music). Without any limiting on master and loudness set as low as needed to avoid clipping. Drums are peaking a lot above the rest as you can see which gives them a lot of punch and clarity. If all music submissions would be delivered as 24-bit FLACs (to avoid quantization noise after mastering) mixed this way, one man could do a mastering job on this material (adjust volumes and squeeze it with JAMin for example) and we'd have a really professional soundtrack for this game Wink

Just an idea...

Sounds pretty cool, but damn it's quiet. Have to crank the volume just to hear it.

Oh wait.

Allright, I decided to not wait with this. UMDCDTS's audio files are now updated. They're louder.

I've processed them with normalization (+ ~3dB?) and The Fast Lookahead Limiter with input gain of +10 dB and decay time of 0.2 seconds. They're much louder now still preserving a lot of dynamic range.

[Image: mp3.png][Image: ogg.png][Image: flac.png][Image: mmp.png]

I've just arrange a little mix of what I have for an incoming album.

I thought you guys might like to hear it Smile

http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-BF-promomix.ogg

The track "Stone Hard" has grown much bigger, more complicated, richer sound and got more dramatic punch. I consider this ready to submit, but I don't want to hurry as I might notice some more things to fix in this track, so I'm posting it here for you all to check it out and give me feedback Smile

The only problem I see is that this track might absorb too much of a player's attention.

Turn your subwoofer on, join a match and please give it a try:

I've just released a piece of something dark and ambiental and long (8 minutes), might work for some big spacey dark map or something.

If you want to have this in game, I'll loop it and provide sources.

http://unfamusic.com/660/

Btw: this is 100th post in my music thread. Yay!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 675,216 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,192 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,804 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,383 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,145 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,106 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,604 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,044 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  I would like to use Xonotic's music in my Red Eclipse fork 98digger 3 5,716 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Orchestral music for Xonotic BuddyFriendGuy 9 13,971 07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy