Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
unfa's music | Space Pirates (v.04)

Stone Hard: I think I like it best between 4:40 and 4:50 Smile

Big dark spacey one: Perhaps turn the tune of the high-pitch whiny synthesizer into a low base.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

So I consider you generally like Stone Hard? Big Grin Glad to hear that Smile

Yeah, the solo instrument in Seventh might be a little painful for the ears. If I muted it, the track would become some total ambient Big Grin

Btw... I'd like to make some ambient. ZynAddSubFX makes perfect pads for ambient. It's gonna be sooo deeeeep! Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Maddin have asked me to make a soundtrack for his map called "Heavy Metal".

Heavy Metal (v. 6)
[OGG AUDIO]

Work in progress. What do you think? Do you like it? Will it fit?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

It sounds good, definitely a good base to work on. So, yes, I like it! Smile
Do you work with LMMS? If so, could you post the project file (or at least send it to me)? Then I could say you which things fits and which doesn´t, things to improve, etc. Anyway great work! Smile

Thanks, I'm glad you like it Smile

Yes I'm working with LMMS and this is 100% ZynAddSubFX via LMMS.

Here is the source file:

http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-HeavyMetal-6.mmpz

I wrote down several things which needs to be improved. Don´t be sad that I criticise so much, it´s like mapping. People say "Oh that´s bad, delete that!" and you actually spent hours and hours of work on it, which makes you pretty much depressed. Live is hard... Try to make the best of it! Wink

I changed the beats per minute to 150 and it sounds better. Heavy Metal is often very fast you know? Wink

The beats:
- Marker: What´s this? Do I have tinnitus?
- Dirty Lead: I really like this one!
- Impulse: This doesn´t fit, sounds too techno-like.
- 1. ... : This basic basses sound good but the claps aren´t "Heavy Metal"!
- Clone 1. ... : Not sure about this beats, they sound... like, eh... rubbish. (Sorry for that!Undecided )
- Metal Pad: This is nice to create a sad atmosphere (which should be done), but it´s not good to create major modes, minor is the way to go here.

I repeat myself, but nevertheless the Unreal Tournament 2004 soundtracks (the KR ones) are really great references, trust me! Not that your tracks are bad but they sound more... metal-like. (hard to explain)

I hope this helps you!Smile

Okay. Thanks for your detailed feedback Smile

http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-HeavyMetal-7.mmpz

Changes I made from v. 6 to v. 7:

- tempo changed from 140 to 143
- Impulse instrument changed
- Clone of 1... beats changed to a faster, more full and fluent beat
- Pad's chords are now more complicated and harmonics should be OK now (not off the key, though it still might be present somewhere)
- Hihats got a second BB track with much louder hits - used to emphesize rhythm and add dramaturgy.
- second pad is now more present in one area where it adds a very nice atmosphere.
- looping ending is now more dramatic and has a short period without the kick and snare action (which is present through the whole track)
- sub bass (Fat Bass) is now present in more parts of the song where the lowest frequency range is a bit empty. Shuld add fullnes and energy to the track.
- some minor changes to the arrangement.

PS:

Marker is a track I use only to see where the loop points should be. Normally I mute it for track export and solo it for exporting a marker "track". Then I load both into audacity and place loop points at the marker tones transients. It works great. and takes out the "where should I place the loop point" dilemma.

Wow! This is a great improvement! Really strong basses and the Drift Bass Pad is one of my favourite beats! Maybe you could use it more often and lower the volume of the Impulse? It (the Impulse) is way to loud, my stereophones distort which isn´t a good sign because it´s a high-quality Sennheiser!
The Metal Pad (sounds like strings) are also very nice for filling the track and creating atmosphere, I think they should be used more frequently too.

Okay, I've got the next version:

http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-HeavyMetal-8.mmpz

Maddin: I think that good things can be overdosed and they can turn boring if so. That's why the most cool transition I made in this piece is heard only once Big Grin Things like this are memorable and don't have to be repeated. At least I think so Wink

Maybe you´re right, ok I´ll listen to the track now and write a comment then.

Ok, this version could be the final one I think, everything fits.Smile There´s only one thing I´m not sure about: the ending is very inapplicable. The whole track should create a loop and this one abrupt beat at the end is just out of place.

(07-27-2011, 03:00 PM)Maddin Wrote: Ok, this version could be the final one I think, everything fits.Smile There´s only one thing I´m not sure about: the ending is very inapplicable. The whole track should create a loop and this one abrupt beat at the end is just out of place.

Did you listen to the track using LMMS's loop?

I've set it so the end is a short buildup before the first riff, and I think the loop works great like this and not only sounds seamless but also sustains the dramaturgy of the composition.

I hope I didn't misplace the loop markers for some reason... If so - look at the Marker instrument track and place loop point at beginnings of the regions the Markers is playing. Should work.

Apart from that - I'm glad we're moving on and this seems to be finished soon.

I´m using the LMMS loop, yes. But I have to set the markers (those green arrows) to the right position, so at the beginning and at the end of the track. Well, your idea is good but this one short beat at the end doesn´t achieve it very well. It´s the only thing now with which I´m not happy, everything else is great! Smile

Oh, I gotta check it out, I must have messed something up accidentally Big Grin

Yay, the final version is here!

Heavy Metal
[OGG AUDIO] [LMMS SOURCE]

I want to thank Maddin for his request (he asked me to make a soundtrack for his map) and for his help on my way to the finish Smile

I hope to see the map ready soon Wink

A new track I've made. May fit some little, tight, funny-looking map. Or whatever you want. Features some drums, bass and distorted leads with TrippleOscilator, interesting stereo effects, djembe drum loops (I've recorded them specially for this one). And some sounds of ripped material just for fun and character.

If anyone wants to have this one, I'll loop it and deliver sources.

I hope you'll like it Smile

Robot Head
[OGG AUDIO] [MP3 AUDIO]

Also check it on my site:

http://unfamusic.com/525/

Sounds nice, funny combination of beats! Smile

(08-02-2011, 03:59 PM)Maddin Wrote: Sounds nice, funny combination of beats! Smile

Thanks Big Grin

A huge track ranging in fell from ambient to dubstep.
It's total time is 23 minutes, 20 minutes in loop (roughly speaking).
It starts up light, and gets darker over time, then gets up at the end and loops nicely (has loop tags for Xonotic).

Hit Me In The Phase (v. 5)
[OGG AUDIO] [LMMS SOURCE]

Hi! I'm just quickly posting a new dubstep track, which could be a cool bg music for some heavy bloodshed action...

Check this out!

http://unfamusic.com/660/

If you guys want to use this, I'll loop this and deliver sources Smile

Right now though, just turn on the sub and jump around like crazy to this! Smile

I like it!

I have to talk to you some day. Maybe you could help me doing dubstep with LMMS if it's possible.

(11-03-2011, 01:19 PM)[CCC]KINGSHOT[CCC] Wrote: I like it!

I have to talk to you some day. Maybe you could help me doing dubstep with LMMS if it's possible.

Thanks, I think I could help you Smile

Three new submissions:

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...2#pid32642

I've got a new D'n'B track.
Farmers Got Talent (v.03)
http://unfamusic.com/5h1+/unfa-FarmersGotTalent-03.ogg

Here's a version tweaked by Chooksta:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53338265/unfa_fa...polish.ogg

It's a WIP. Needs some work, though it's say 95% complete.
I think it's cool enough to submit it when it's done.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 675,211 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,192 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,804 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,383 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,145 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,106 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,604 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,044 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  I would like to use Xonotic's music in my Red Eclipse fork 98digger 3 5,716 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Orchestral music for Xonotic BuddyFriendGuy 9 13,971 07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy