Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
unfa's music | Space Pirates (v.04)

(05-05-2010, 01:31 AM)jaykay Wrote: the sounds which are added at 0:40 just don't fit to the rest.

Maybe I make them more aggresive, distorted, weird - then they may fit the rest Big Grin Working sloooooowllllyy now due to my software problems. LMMS is now getting dead silent everytime the song reaches the point where drums start Tongue
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]
Update! Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

the new sound at 0:27 is good, but does not fit to the high sound at 0:34, they sound terrible together.

i still don't like the part from 0:37 to 1:36. too normal (especially the snare), too chaotic, and too complex. same with 2:16 to 2:44. the rest is good, and it's good because of the simplicity.

That was @#%@'n cool.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Hello unfa, first of all I'd like to thank you for your many contributions, I really hope we could use some of these for Xonotic.
Here is my feedback about your tracks:

Sounds good, although that guitar-like sound has way too much presence imho, and that could affect gameplay. I'm mostly sure item pickup sounds won't be heared clearly with this track playing in background. Still I haven't tried it ingame yet. I will come with more feedback later.

I like this one better, specially that ultra-low-freq kick at the beginning. Surprisingly that kick disappears afterwards, then you use sounds more in the mid-high range. I'd like it to have an extra bass-like track covering a bit more the low frequencies .. if you want to give it a try that is Smile

About your other tracks, is that a list of what we can use for this game or just a general list of tracks you've done in the past? Could you post a pre-selection of tracks that can be used in game?
You can use this page as a reference for choosing those tracks.

Cheers

(05-15-2010, 11:47 AM)jaykay Wrote: the new sound at 0:27 is good, but does not fit to the high sound at 0:34, they sound terrible together.
Fixed (I belive).

(05-15-2010, 11:47 AM)jaykay Wrote: i still don't like the part from 0:37 to 1:36. too normal (especially the snare), too chaotic, and too complex. same with 2:16 to 2:44. the rest is good, and it's good because of the simplicity.
Trival snare fixed. As for some parts being too populated with stuff i think they need to be loud to make player jump Smile For oposition I addet some ambient-like part at the end. The track should now also loop nicely Smile

---
(05-16-2010, 07:49 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: That was @#%@'n cool.
Thanks Big Grin Hopes it will get even better in .6 Wink

---
(05-16-2010, 03:17 PM)mand1nga Wrote: Hello unfa, first of all I'd like to thank you for your many contributions, I really hope we could use some of these for Xonotic.
Thank you Smile It is a pleasure for me to be able to show my work here and know I'am paying a little bit back to people who gave me so much Smile

(05-16-2010, 03:17 PM)mand1nga Wrote: 23.8
Sounds good, although that guitar-like sound has way too much presence imho, and that could affect gameplay. I'm mostly sure item pickup sounds won't be heared clearly with this track playing in background. Still I haven't tried it ingame yet. I will come with more feedback later.
As now I'am working on 25.6 - I will review it soon and check what I can do with that.

(05-16-2010, 03:17 PM)mand1nga Wrote: 25.5
I like this one better, specially that ultra-low-freq kick at the beginning. Surprisingly that kick disappears afterwards, then you use sounds more in the mid-high range. I'd like it to have an extra bass-like track covering a bit more the low frequencies .. if you want to give it a try that is Smile
The sub-bass (with some pumping volume automation) is going away cos it were hardly audible (for me) in the louder parts of the track. If you missed it - I brought it back in .6 Smile
(05-16-2010, 03:17 PM)mand1nga Wrote: About your other tracks, is that a list of what we can use for this game or just a general list of tracks you've done in the past? Could you post a pre-selection of tracks that can be used in game?
Theese other are my previous works (in different software enviroment). None of those are made with Xonotic in mind, so the might not fit the game. All in all - I brought them here for you guys to check what are they and if there is any use of them for Xonotic. As I'am focusing on making tracks dedicated to Xonotic in some way, I don't want to review those old right now Smile I might bring some descriptions for them so searching is easier...
As for the official guidelines for musicians... Big Grin I don't think my tracks are going to fit them Tongue Personally - I always prefer hearing music than sounds in game. If I want to make my best on the scoretab i turn music off for a while.

I was testing the .6 with the game and it sounds nice imho. Don't now if the ambiental ending is a good idea...

Alright, here comes the... aaah, naaah.... I'am going to bed - it's late Sleepy Uploading will take place tomorrow due to poor network right now, I'am going down for a routine meintance Tongue

Thank you all so much for your feedback!

Wink

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Finally there Smile

I haven't been adding anything here lately, so here I go with a new track Smile
Ok, this is just a very fast draft, with a lot of dArRrKnEzZz in it I belive:

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

It is all synthesis so without any samples you should get the exact same sound I had with my LMMS.

nice, i was listening to it while playing yesterday. Simple, not disturbing, cool. And it's kind of dark yeah Smile
I like it. Yes.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

nice Smile just a bit short Smile

Very nice tune unfa! I believe it is a bit short too Smile

That was... I just started something, I'am happy you liked it Big Grin I'am gonna be working on it, it's a little bit too simple for me now. Don't want to complicate it too much though, thanks for your support with comments!

I'am uploading next version today.
[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

i don't like the new elements, sorry. they don't fit

(06-12-2010, 12:48 PM)jaykay Wrote: i don't like the new elements, sorry. they don't fit

Don't be sorry Big Grin

Do you thing that previous version was better?

I also know it needs some mixing fixes...

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

this version is better, but i still dont like the new elements (0:11 and 2:56)

0:11 - bell
2:56 - sharp lead
that are names that I call them Wink

I can simply mute those and see if it sounds better. Or turn them down. I think they might be too loud. There will be a 29.3.1 version then Smile

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Question: which one do you prefer (you means all of you)?
29.3.1 or 29.3?

29.3.1 have excluded two instuments that you jaykay didn't like. 29.3 have them included. That's the difference.

29.3.1, definitively Smile although its a bit "empty" and simple again Big Grin

Need moar feedback! Big Grin
I'll be working on 29.3.1 making 29.4. Keep on listening and saying what do you like and what do you don't, guys Wink

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

It's looping in Xonotic.

(06-14-2010, 10:07 AM)jaykay Wrote: 29.3.1, definitively Smile although its a bit "empty" and simple again Big Grin

yes, 29.3.1 is good. And it should be simple imo. That music is not for disturbing players but for building the atmosphere, so map and music complement each other during the game.
And that's why i think 29.3.1 is good.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

some notes: the main bassdrum has a tone, although most drums are more "toneless", and this tone is additionally not harmonic with the rest.

i dont like it when the bassdrum is fast (e.g. at 0:10). the drum is really cool from 1:36 on, because it is more continous (?). could you try changing it to a real beat, which is more continous ? (i mean not "bum....bumbum....bumbum..." but "bum..bum..bum..bum") maybe this would make it feel faster which could fit better to the gameplay.

the sound at 0:41 starts too abrupt imho. it's sometimes too loud imo, e.g. at 2:00 or 2:13

the sound which starts at 1:08 is really cool Smile but when it plays the "melody" at 1:36, i would like you to try making this sound more... clean... i mean, don't change it's loudness (but i dont know if its better then Smile )

but please don't just follow my suggestions Smile the outcome would be a mix of your style and my opnion, other opinions are needed as well Smile

I got a feeling this morning that I have to make some sick breakbeat dark dance track using german word 'tanz' as a main theme. So I did:

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

Not intentionally for Xonotic, but I can remove the vocal part for the game version. What do you guys (and girls?) think of that?

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

More variations and interesting stuff Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MUSIC THREAD FOR ALL MUSIC kay 590 675,182 11-11-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  An attempt to produce a background music - decadium derrant 2 2,192 09-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: derrant
Music Music from out side forum Kotangens 4 2,803 08-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic music has Royalty? Narutex216Bits 1 2,383 04-07-2020, 07:48 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  Xonotic OST (Officially Accepted Music) Mirio 18 33,142 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  Free sfx for your music. djwayn 1 5,104 05-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Last Post: djwayn
Music Go Get 'em - Music Track by The Audio Monkey TheAudioMonkey 16 15,601 03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
Last Post: TheAudioMonkey
Music Low interest in music development - why? unfa 28 30,043 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Jar-El
  I would like to use Xonotic's music in my Red Eclipse fork 98digger 3 5,715 08-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: machine!
  Orchestral music for Xonotic BuddyFriendGuy 9 13,969 07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy