Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Development Tracker Down

Exclamation 
Hi all,

As you may have noticed already, the development tracker is down. We took it down intentionally to protect ourselves from a serious security flaw in the tracker's underlying web framework (RoR). The rest of the team and I are working to bring it back up as soon as we can. Stay tuned here for updates.

Thanks!
-AB and the rest of the Xon team
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Meanwhile, if you have a bug to report, I've re-opened the bug report subforum. Please provide as much information as you can on the bug you report, as usual.

If we get reports, I guess we'll figure out what to do once we get the tracker back. I figure it's better to have bugs written down somewhere than have them forgotten until the next time they are encountered.

You can find the forum section here: http://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5

Hiya everyone,

The development tracker is back up and running at http://dev.xonotic.org. Thanks for your patience, and thanks to divVerent for fixing the security vulnerability!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Hurray! Congratulations to all people involved, I really appreciate your work. I'm disabling new threads in the bug report section of the forum now.

Maybe you should put an url to the devtrack in the description under "Xonotic - Bug Report".

Thanks team!

Maybe the "Bug report forum" link could point to the sticky "How to submit a bug report". I think it's important that people read that post first, before submitting something for the first time. That post by Doku already points to the dev tracker, so that's not a problem I think. The only thing we would 'lose' in that forum would be 3 posts in total. Maybe we can move these to the Help/Troubleshooting forum instead, if the posts should remain in the system.

I have no idea however if it's possible to have a link to a forum redirect to a single forum post. MrBougo or someone else with more admin powers than me could probably shed some light on that. there might be another way of doing that altogether.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

I can have a forum point to a link but then it's just a link, not a forum. Since it can't contain any threads, the thread it points to must be put somewhere else.

What I can also do is have a permanent message at the top of the bug report section (see WW for an example). EDIT: It can have arbitrary HTML too if needed.

So the idea could be: move contents of the sticky to the top of the page of that forum and remove the sticky. That would be good I think. Possibly then close the forum for posting when the tracker is up and running like normal?
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information The current state of Xonotic development CuBe0wL 17 24,570 12-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Exclamation Forum update discussion (Was: Forum down time April 6th) Antibody 75 74,239 01-10-2013, 02:18 AM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
  URGENT: 0.5 compatibility with recent development versions Samual 14 23,294 12-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Last Post: asyyy
  First development update - There's a lot to mention FruitieX 18 25,754 08-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Last Post: chooksta