Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Joystick wont work?

Hi newbie boy again, Joystick troubles this time so started a new thread.
Im running win 7 x64 with usb genius joystick and throttle with all up to date drivers, switched on joystick support in settings but no response in game.
Checked with other software normally used and its fine any ideas?
axe.

You need to map the controls to your joystick in-game.

BTW: why on earth would you use anything other than keys+mouse in an fps??? :-P
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Have a look at the first four posts or so: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=3044

In short, try these things and come back if that doesn't work for you:
- Try the sdl version (xonotic-sdl)
- Try setting up the joy_ cvars in the advanced configuration window

Setting up a joypad isn't straightforward because Xonotic isn't meant to be played with joypads. It just so happens that our engine has joystick support, but we don't really provide much configurability and support. That means you have to edit configuration variables manually to get what you want. You might be disappointed by playability, this is not a joystick-friendly game, and it doesn't hold your hand and correct your aim like console shooters do.

Hi guys I think cyber killer is right so I have gone back to my virtual reality glove and headset!! Big Grin
Thanx for the prompt replys and great support tho!

(04-05-2013, 12:32 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Setting up a joypad isn't straightforward because Xonotic isn't meant to be played with joypads. It just so happens that our engine has joystick support, but we don't really provide much configurability and support. That means you have to edit configuration variables manually to get what you want. You might be disappointed by playability, this is not a joystick-friendly game, and it doesn't hold your hand and correct your aim like console shooters do.

Judging by the fact he said "usb genius joystick and throttle", I think he meant F-23 (am I correct, axe?), which is not a joypad, but an aviation joystick. The actual difference between a joypad and a joystick is that the joystick has a big, full-hand size stick, which makes it more unsuitable for FPS games then joypads, which have smaller stciks (I know that by myself, I tried using the F-23)(It is only useful when used for movement)
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Someone in 2007 managed to use a wii remote with trem somehow.

I still can't get used to those sticks for aiming in game consoles, and for movement it would be annoying because the movement keys individually have their own purpous in xon.

Thats correct aa but I wondered if top-hat could have done aiming so it could bring all control into one hand.
No worries anyway.

(04-05-2013, 04:58 AM)aa Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 12:32 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Setting up a joypad isn't straightforward because Xonotic isn't meant to be played with joypads. It just so happens that our engine has joystick support, but we don't really provide much configurability and support. That means you have to edit configuration variables manually to get what you want. You might be disappointed by playability, this is not a joystick-friendly game, and it doesn't hold your hand and correct your aim like console shooters do.

Judging by the fact he said "usb genius joystick and throttle", I think he meant F-23 (am I correct, axe?), which is not a joypad, but an aviation joystick. The actual difference between a joypad and a joystick is that the joystick has a big, full-hand size stick, which makes it more unsuitable for FPS games then joypads, which have smaller stciks (I know that by myself, I tried using the F-23)(It is only useful when used for movement)

It doesn't matter. It's a HID device with analog axes and other things I don't know about. That's all that matters.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] My mouse binds do not work in GLX? FAF 5 1,574 07-29-2022, 08:39 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [NEED HELP] cl_gunalign doesn't seem to work on some servers/maps Aguaumreal 2 2,494 09-10-2019, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  [NEED HELP] Buffs Don't Work 3agle427 0 1,510 01-19-2019, 04:46 PM
Last Post: 3agle427
  [SOLVED] Surround sound refuses to work with C-Media CMI-8788 soundcards Lee_Stricklin 2 2,922 03-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SOLVED] Xonotic doesn't work with overwolf Ch4mp 2 3,656 08-12-2016, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Ch4mp
  [SOLVED] How does the defer command work? nightspawn9911 4 3,616 07-18-2016, 07:34 PM
Last Post: nightspawn9911
  [FIXED] assault map don't work Brot 3 4,109 10-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SOLVED] Cannot get cl_simpleitems_postfix to work sev 12 12,547 09-09-2014, 07:31 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SOLVED] How to get Xonotic to work with the open-source Radeon driver? MirceaKitsune 16 19,435 11-19-2013, 06:49 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  [NEEDS INFO] Some maps wont download through the client. end user 7 9,577 02-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Last Post: end user