Create an account

Poll: Which maps should be played (top 2 will be played) and DATE (see below)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
lostspace2
18.39%
16 18.39%
nexdance
12.64%
11 12.64%
Powerstation
9.20%
8 9.20%
concrete_space
6.90%
6 6.90%
gasolinepowered_v2r3
8.05%
7 8.05%
ctf-swamp_b1
3.45%
3 3.45%
soylent_ctf_v1r7
3.45%
3 3.45%
dissocia
3.45%
3 3.45%
Friday, 21st June 2013
3.45%
3 3.45%
Saturday, 22nd June 2013
10.34%
9 10.34%
Sunday, 23rd June 2013
20.69%
18 20.69%
Total 87 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XQC #36 (3v3 Minsta+Hook CTF)

Hello Xonotic Community,

this will be the first Minsta+Hook CTF quick cup held on DieTunichtguten in a long time! This is my first time hosting a tourney, therefore I hope that you may forgive me some mistakes and as yet missing information. I open this thread now to give you the possibility to look for a team or create a team yourself. If you look for teammates you can use this forum, IRC and the game itself as well as asking friends. If you don't want to seek a team before the tournament starts, you'll still have the option to join the IRC channel mentioned below and look for teammates.

Info
  • 3vs3 Minsta+Hook CTF (DieTunichtguten physics)
  • Servers will be DieTunichguten (atnetz.de:26000 and 84.201.39.204:26000)
  • Timelimit 15 mins, Caplimit 10, Bo1 (Bo3 in Finals probably)
  • We are going to wait for the number of signed in teams until we decide the mode (Group Stage / KO Stage)
  • Mappicking: Drop-Drop at Bo1, Pick-Pick at Bo3
  • Mappool:lostspace2, nexdance, stone_castle
  • Date/time: Sunday, 23rd June 2013 / 19:00 CEST [UTC+2] (1:00 PM EDT; 3:00 AM AEST)
  • Admins: pillow.pants, eL_Barto, and Mirio
  • Skill level: any
Please let me know about teams on this forum. Even if you don't have a team of 3, I will keep a list of players looking for a team. The sooner you post the more likely you will be joined by good players Wink
Join #exile.xonotic.cup on that day of the cup to check-in your team and recive information (opponents, server etc.).
For general questions please join #dietunichtguten (IRC QuakeNet) and contact PillowPants.

Finally I'l like you to spread the word of this cup, i.e. on the public Minsta CTF servers, please do!
Updates on server list and map pool will be announced in this thread.

Voting
Players can vote on both maps and the date (see above). Considering we want as many players as possible to join, you decide! Polls close Sunday 16th of June. POLLS CLOSED!

Modus
  • First there will be a group-stage with the amount of groups depending on the amount of teams (e.g., Group A with 5 teams, Group B with 5 teams, if 10 teams). Each team within each group will face each other once. After the group-stage, the top 4 teams advance to the play-offs where there will be a best of 3 (time permitting, otherwise best of 1).
  • Map-picking will be drop-drop when/if best of 1, and pick-pick if best of 3.
  • There will be a Challonge account that will be updated as each team finishes playing. This allows for a nice overview of games already played and their results Smile
  • Challonge account Group A
  • Challonge account Group B

Teams
  • vanilla fags: shogun assassin, Mirio and Debugger
  • Team Pillow: pillow.pants, pillow.bra, pillow.underwear
  • Dodging Bullets Clan: jngm, jizzy, stephan
  • DieTunichtguten: PSs, eL_Bart0, Oxyd
  • Lovers: Smilecythe, Nimbuz, Plex
  • Schnitzel Warriors: Hypnosekröte, LordTiger, Biggles
  • [T#PS]: Silencekiller, Pati.B, agent47
  • Fishbots: Nameless, Biene Maya, ghost
  • WaJaBee: Waverick, JAB, BeeTree
  • Team Kick Ass: Kult, Evert@Arch, Love [Evil Ant Colony]

Prize
The winners of the tourney will be given the opportunity to give feedback and suggest changes to Black-Dragon's brand new map, to be released soon!

Results

10 teams and almost 4 hours of playing!

1. Dodging Bullets Clan (jngm, jizzy, stephan)
2. Lovers (Smilecythe, Nimbuz, Plex/J0k3r)
3. DieTunichtguten (PSs, eL_Bart0, Oxyd)
4. Schnitzel Warriors: Hypnosekröte, LordTiger, Biggles
5. vanilla fags: shogun assassin, Mirio, Debugger
5. WaJaBee: Waverick, JAB, BeeTree
7. Team Pillow: pillow.pants, pillow.bra, pillow.underwear
7. Team Kick Ass: Kult, Evert@Arch, Love [Evil Ant Colony]
9. Fishbots: Nameless, Biene Maya, ghost
9. [T#PS]: Silencekiller, Pati.B, agent47

http://challonge.com/xonqc36pl
http://challonge.com/xonqc36grA
http://challonge.com/xonqc36grB

ggs!

[unconnected] joins the fun: Sly, Mirio and Debugger

I don't have a team, I am a fairly experienced minsta ctf player, so anyone is looking for a teammate I'm up Big Grin

If not I can play by myself... hopefully I can get some caps Tongue
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

The title made me a little happy in my pants, but DieTunichtguten physics... Meh..

I'd like to sign Lovers in (Smilecythe, Nimbuz and XXX), although I'm not sure if I can make it because the date is on top Midsummer. Everyone's usually busy during between 19 and 26th here in Finland. I'll let you know immediately when someone of us cannot make it.

What phyisics? Can I test them on the server?
XMPP Conferences
xonotic@conference.jabber.org → General discussion
xonotic@conf.jabberes.org → Spanish-speakers
I pronounce it Shonotic.

(06-08-2013, 05:26 AM)SouL Wrote: What phyisics? Can I test them on the server?

try the dietunichguten server, usually full during the afternoon in eu I think....

I kinda hope they decide to change to dbc or esk... cause dtg :/
It's not that bad, but it doesn't play like most other minsta servers, so dtg regulars will have an edge
Sucks at weapons

Yes, it's on at the DieTunichtguten servers. In a nutshell there's no strafe acceleration and air movement is bit different. I do hope for physics like DBC and ESK as well, which both are more reminiscent to vanilla physics that more people are also more accustomed to. Also OP; Mind sharing a map pack of the selected pool? I don't know even half of the maps.

I voted for maps "Friday, 21st June 2013*", "Saturday, 22nd June 2013*", and "Sunday, 23rd June 2013*" as those are all excellent.
Many, many things will happen on those maps, and I've heard the games go for 24 hours straight.

(06-08-2013, 08:53 AM)ballist1c Wrote: I voted for maps "Friday, 21st June 2013*", "Saturday, 22nd June 2013*", and "Sunday, 23rd June 2013*" as those are all excellent.
Many, many things will happen on those maps, and I've heard the games go for 24 hours straight.

Bad troll is bad.

[Image: ReadingForDummies.jpg]

(06-08-2013, 08:53 AM)ballist1c Wrote: I voted for maps "Friday, 21st June 2013*", "Saturday, 22nd June 2013*", and "Sunday, 23rd June 2013*" as those are all excellent.

Thanks for voting all dates as that will not affect the outcome of the vote! Bad troll is good Mirio :p

Team Pillow:

pillow.pants
pillow.underwear
pillow.bra (can only play on sunday)
Waverick

Team Kick Ass (edited and complete now):

Kult
Evert@Arch
Love [Evil Ant Colony]

(06-08-2013, 06:25 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Yes, it's on at the DieTunichtguten servers. In a nutshell there's no strafe acceleration and air movement is bit different. I do hope for physics like DBC and ESK as well, which both are more reminiscent to vanilla physics that more people are also more accustomed to. Also OP; Mind sharing a map pack of the selected pool? I don't know even half of the maps.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

I was able to find all the maps except soylent Sad Once i find it I will add that one as well.

(06-11-2013, 10:09 AM)Evert@Arch Wrote: Team Kick Ass (so far):

Kult
Evert@Arch

still looking for someone!

I can play with you two if you want
I'm this player : http://stats.xonotic.org/player/12766
Sucks at weapons

(06-11-2013, 03:53 PM)PillowPants Wrote:
(06-08-2013, 06:25 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Yes, it's on at the DieTunichtguten servers. In a nutshell there's no strafe acceleration and air movement is bit different. I do hope for physics like DBC and ESK as well, which both are more reminiscent to vanilla physics that more people are also more accustomed to. Also OP; Mind sharing a map pack of the selected pool? I don't know even half of the maps.

I was able to find all the maps except soylent Sad Once i find it I will add that one as well.

I assume it's this? http://download.unconnected-clan.de/maps...f_v1r7.pk3

(06-12-2013, 10:44 AM)Mirio Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 03:53 PM)PillowPants Wrote:

I assume it's this? http://download.unconnected-clan.de/maps...f_v1r7.pk3

Yes it is Mirio, thanks Smile

I added download URLs to the poll.

Hi there.

Me, jizzy and stephan (DBC) would like to participate, we haven't seen action in a while Cool

Frankly, I (and my teammates) would have preferred other maps such as evilspace, 13dream or dusty. Some of the chosen ones like gasoline will become a camp fest.

(06-12-2013, 02:44 PM)jngm Wrote: Hi there.

Me, jizzy and stephan (DBC) would like to participate, we haven't seen action in a while Cool

Frankly, I (and my teammates) would have preferred other maps such as evilspace, 13dream or dusty. Some of the chosen ones like gasoline will become a camp fest.

Its 3x3, if you think gasoline would be a camp fest what about powerstation and lostspace2 Smile We have played some of these maps in tourneys before and they make for a very fast paced match! And looking at your team you guys should do awesome!

Good luck and have fun Smile

(06-12-2013, 04:55 PM)PillowPants Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 02:44 PM)jngm Wrote: Hi there.

Its 3x3, if you think gasoline would be a camp fest what about powerstation and lostspace2 Smile We have played some of these maps in tourneys before and they make for a very fast paced match! And looking at your team you guys should do awesome!

Good luck and have fun Smile

Actually, after much deliberation with Biggles, they are all open maps Confused A closed map like Dusty would not hurt! I cannot change the vote anymore (too late) so I will reserve the right to add a closed map :p

o7m8 are PROVISIONALLY in. We'll probably be busy in EVE or RL but we'll let you know closer to the time.

[o7m8] Covert0ne
[o7m8] Az
[o7m8] Shroomazon

Cheers

Hello. I suggest everyone to test all maps before voting. For example: Many people vote for lostspace2, not knowing that there is concrete space (+1), which is the same map but improoved in terms of layout and visuals.

Different missunderstanding goes to gasolinepowered_v2r3. I am certain that many people just don't recognize the map from name, but actually love playing it. (+1 as well)

I also voted for Soylent. DM version of this map was a great success, CTF is even greater.

yay, finally some action Big Grin

dusty_symB would be a nice map.

(06-13-2013, 08:26 AM)Justin Wrote: Hello. I suggest everyone to test all maps before voting. For example: Many people vote for lostspace2, not knowing that there is concrete space (+1), which is the same map but improoved in terms of layout and visuals.

Different missunderstanding goes to gasolinepowered_v2r3. I am certain that many people just don't recognize the map from name, but actually love playing it. (+1 as well)

I also voted for Soylent. DM version of this map was a great success, CTF is even greater.

Very good points. It would be sweet to have a forum plugin (or a webapp) to replicate the ingame mapvote screen in forum polls.

Dustys map sucks for 3vs3 u know? They are imbalance or huge or bugged, make ur choice. Where is the point to play 3vs3 in DustySimB? It will be just a long useless match...

The mappool contains too many 'open' maps in my opinion.

Playing on dusty_symB is a good option if you have players that know how to move well. I find it a reasonable map, at least better than other closed map such as ngstation.

A map like hydronex can be an endless frag-fest as you can shoot over the whole map with almost no obstacle, I'm not sure if that helps getting a good pace. And playing on lostspace only can't be a good solution either.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weekly FFA Insta+Hook ? Dynamx_FPS 2 430 10-18-2023, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Dynamx_FPS
  Fast 3v3 insta + hook CTF Storm 0 1,577 05-12-2021, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Storm
Lightbulb XQC #95 (2v2 CTF/Insta+Hook) InstaJack 15 8,194 04-29-2020, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Sl@va
  XQC #94. League-based vanilla TDM SEEK-fried 14 6,851 03-15-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: morosophos
  XQC #93 (Duel) morosophos 7 4,191 10-18-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  XQC #92. League-based vanilla DM morosophos 7 4,049 10-12-2019, 03:50 PM
  XQC #91 (CTS) Mirio 2 3,211 04-19-2019, 03:54 PM
  XQC #90. InstaGib FFA (1v1v1v1 DM) Championship! morosophos 22 13,646 03-17-2019, 02:35 AM
  3v3 CTF/Insta+Hook Cup Sl@va 7 5,456 03-03-2019, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Sl@va
  XQC #89 (4v4 TDM/Draft) Mirio 12 7,183 02-05-2019, 02:32 PM