Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playermodel - Terminus

I recently brought up the debate again about having a robot player model in Xonotic. I decided to try my modeling skills at making one, based on the Erebus model and texture. After a few days of work and heavy editing, I created Terminus.

The model contains a male and female version, each with different body and face designs. I tried to take care of each detail and come up with a nice design, which would fit the theme and be to everyone's liking. I also fixed some weight painting issues present in the original Erebus / Nyx mesh.

This model is intended for official inclusion in Xonotic, as the first fully robotic player class. Please let me know what you believe should be fixed, and I will try to take care of any needed adjustment.

V1.2: Link 1, Link 2, GIT.

[Image: 7hy33ynw2tmt0shoatq6_thumb.jpg] [Image: 2xqu3b8yhnqzhc742ygn_thumb.jpg] [Image: lwwwtpmv70kb63bxj97x_thumb.jpg] [Image: kgepgitdpg6wt5u5i1e_thumb.jpg] [Image: l2o5lg81pkovstbhgnb5_thumb.jpg] [Image: gqbmol0ph3re2gl6n20g_thumb.jpg]

Not bad, it fits the existing models to an extent.

Two problems:
#1: You didn't solve the thinness problem still... and...
#2: Why does it have an anus?

That is DEFINITELY an anus... CERTAINLY. Fix the ass, we don't need such vulgarity in the game.

Ha! 10/10! I like the character on the 3rd pic the most. Briliant work. What software did you use to model and texture?

Looks good, good job! Also like the name, same as my favorite bitmap font. Smile

I like that one a lot! (I hope we can implement it then)
Good job, keep it up! Smile

NICE! Put it up on my FT and Vehicele server. Would be cool to get more metallic voice Star Wars like? Actually how about some voice/sound like in Mortal Kombat 3 with Cyrax and Sektor
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(09-14-2013, 04:50 PM)Samual Wrote: Not bad, it fits the existing models to an extent.

Two problems:
#1: You didn't solve the thinness problem still... and...
#2: Why does it have an anus?

That is DEFINITELY an anus... CERTAINLY. Fix the ass, we don't need such vulgarity in the game.

#1: Being a robot, it's intended to have thinner parts... namely the ones that look like metal supports and the exposed metal spine. Which parts should I attempt to make thicker?

#2: Really? That is... the last thing I imagined would happen Tongue Of course I didn't add such a thing... if it looks that way it's due to the texture and mesh getting unfortunately positioned. I don't even know if and how to attempt fixing something so silly xD

The ass absolutely MUST be fixed.

(09-14-2013, 11:47 PM)Samual Wrote: The ass absolutely MUST be fixed.

I still can't stop laughing at this Big Grin Why did Nyx have that button textured there in the first place? Anyway, will attempt to fix that for the next update, together with a few more things.

Good job there mate!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Looking good, would love to see this thing twerk. I mean, FIX DAT ASS.

v1.1 released today with multiple fixes, see the first post for new links. Changes include:

- Made the model slightly thicker, addresses Samual suggestion #1.

- Fixed an indecent effect, caused by leg armor creating a hole against the pelvis during rest position (fixes Samual suggestion #2). I don't even...

- Corrected stretched UV mapping in less noticeable areas, and smoothed some areas on the mesh.

Also, CuBe0wL requested more screenshots without the HUD and weapon showing. I took care of that too:

[Image: su4w98bsz4hv8tv6qg0_thumb.jpg] [Image: qqm95hv14yt3f9i9pf_thumb.jpg] [Image: d0rqfehmqa268a3sd8ww_thumb.jpg] [Image: lbp6rk8bqnpzfadl4hjs_thumb.jpg] [Image: hw80xhkk4itklmnd1a4_thumb.jpg] [Image: 0bpsim8s87kv6b4alav_thumb.jpg]

Wow, it is coming together nicely, I especially like it whith blue skin. Smile

I note that you claim to have fixed the bottom issue, but don't show a pic of its bum... Big Grin

Can we make a fullbright version of this model so we could have more than one fullbright model?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(09-16-2013, 04:02 AM)Halogene Wrote: I note that you claim to have fixed the bottom issue, but don't show a pic of its bum... Big Grin

Can we make a fullbright version of this model so we could have more than one fullbright model?

Ugh... I'm not going to take pictures of its butt just to prove the fix Tongue But I personally checked both in Blender and Xonotic, and the hole effect is fully gone. Feel free to look at any player or bot standing in place (rest animation).

A fullbright version would be easy to make, just swap or mix _glow and _shirt. However I wouldn't want one personally. Erebus has that, and I think one fullbright player in total is enough. The theme of this model isn't really meant to match that either, just the current two skins.

Man, that is looking really good. Definitely needed to be thickened up, looking great!
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Announcer mic check and forum thread.
http://soundcloud.com/voodoo-electron

(09-16-2013, 07:24 AM)bitbomb Wrote: Man, that is looking really good. Definitely needed to be thickened up, looking great!

I've already made it thicker, anything more would start causing breakage and bad design. For a robot it should be pretty good.

As a reminder: The model is in a state which I consider finished. If anyone has more suggestions to make, please make them, and I'll see if I should can and will apply them. I'll eventually adapt the branch for merge and issue a merge request. I'll also add them to bots.txt and make two new loading screens then.

That cylinder on the "male" shoulder looks odd, as if it's untextured. The light-stripe on the kneepad part looks odd too, the UVmap has to be redone there (or is it the same on official models too?)

(09-16-2013, 09:32 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: That cylinder on the "male" shoulder looks odd, as if it's untextured. The light-stripe on the kneepad part looks odd too, the UVmap has to be redone there (or is it the same on official models too?)

The knee pads, as well as all armor plates, are part of the Erebus model / texture. They're positioned the the same as the original, and I don't see how they could be improved. IMO that looks ok as is.

The cylinders don't use a detailed texture, they're nearly a single color. They are UV mapped properly though, so I'll consider adding some detail. I suck at texturing and can only do simple effects, but I'll look into it next time I edit the model.

http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/lbp6...dl4hjs.jpg
WTF IT HAS BOOBS TOO?

SERIOUSLY, COME ON.

[Image: UT2004_008.jpg]

They were in first version as well, didn't you notice that?

MirceaKitsune, I could do minor texture tweaks, if you need me to.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

It would look even better with a nice tail.

(09-16-2013, 01:31 PM)Samual Wrote: http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/lbp6...dl4hjs.jpg
WTF IT HAS BOOBS TOO?

SERIOUSLY, COME ON.

I'm not going through the whole thing again, but in essence:

- Robots are meant to represent people, so it makes sense for them to be gender based. Many games (such as UT2004) have male and female robots.

- The models are based on Erebus and Nyx, and have both been edited in parallel from them. Erebus & Nyx are (part) robots too, yet I never heard any complaints about them.

- If you're decided to reject this as long as there's a male and female version, I'm willing to make a gender neutral version too. The gender version will of course stay maintained as a mod, because I like that and see no reason why it's not good.

(09-16-2013, 03:23 PM)Spaceman Wrote: It would look even better with a nice tail.

No.

(09-16-2013, 05:35 PM)MirceaKitsune Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 01:31 PM)Samual Wrote: http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/lbp6...dl4hjs.jpg
WTF IT HAS BOOBS TOO?

SERIOUSLY, COME ON.

I'm not going through the whole thing again, but in essence:

- Robots are meant to represent people, so it makes sense for them to be gender based. Many games (such as UT2004) have male and female robots.

- The models are based on Erebus and Nyx, and have both been edited in parallel from them. Erebus & Nyx are (part) robots too, yet I never heard any complaints about them.

- If you're decided to reject this as long as there's a male and female version, I'm willing to make a gender neutral version too. The gender version will of course stay maintained as a mod, because I like that and see no reason why it's not good.

(09-16-2013, 03:23 PM)Spaceman Wrote: It would look even better with a nice tail.

No.

OMG boobs and asses? Ahh hell no! We can't have any of that!11!!! Seriously people grow up. As long as there isn't any frontal nudity or what the community would deem an unacceptable amount of skin shown, I don't see how certain character proportions would be a big deal. As long as they aint ridiculous, I don't see what the issue is. Personally, I think the model is shaping up to be one kick ass looking killing machine that belongs in the game. Also, it's not unusual for robots to have female proportions.

[Image: e6xygshtepr43oquqtdv_thumb.jpg]
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Gametype Invasion, Playermodel Bots Dan Hover 9 6,035 01-26-2019, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Dan Hover
  Playermodel - UBot MirceaKitsune 13 14,515 12-30-2015, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Beagle