Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Latest Autobuild Will Not Start No Matter What

I have never had any issues getting Xonotic to work before, but ever since I rsynced to the most recent autobuild today, only the Xonotic logo appears. After that, the screen goes black. It seems that the application can't find the core game files. I am surprised (not really) that nobody has made a topic about this yet, so it is a good thing that I am here.

Operating system?

EDIT: Ha, I was there about five seconds before edh Big Grin
EDIT2: Oops, but I misread the problem though.
EDIT3: I'll make no attempts at completing this, since everything is in the post below. Disregard this.

What kind of system are you running? Have you tried both the SDL and non-SDL versions? If running a Linux system then try running from a command line and seeing what errors appear. If on Linux then it sounds like it could be a dependency problem like being built against the wrong version of libjpeg or something.

Alternatively it could just be that the rysnc build at the time was out of sync somewhere and broken. It would be worth leaving it a day and running the updater again just in case this is the case.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

The operating system I am using is Windows 7 64-bit. By the looks of things, the issue appears to be with the autobuild itself.

I received an other report from Vargos, saying it affects both windows and linux. I can not reproduce in git. Better wait for tomorrow's autobuild and see if that works!

EDIT: Here's his bug report: http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/1784

Even today, Xonotic still will not start up. Is any progress being made?

I don't think we have the ability to even debug this yet, since it only affects Windows.

You can have a look on the dev IRC channel if you want to discuss this further. That's #xonotic on irc.freenode.net (webchat).

But the main place to discuss the issue should be the bug tracker item I linked in my previous post.

EDIT: Perhaps this commit will fix it. Should be in the next autobuild. http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...b48c1d4f51

I tested today's autobuild, and all of the exec's ran fine (windows 7 64 bit).

If the problem persist; try starting with +log_file crash.txt then post the content of crash.txt (located in my docs/my games/xonotic/data) here: http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/1784

(10-02-2013, 01:52 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I don't think we have the ability to even debug this yet, since it only affects Windows.

You can have a look on the dev IRC channel if you want to discuss this further. That's #xonotic on irc.freenode.net (webchat).

But the main place to discuss the issue should be the bug tracker item I linked in my previous post.

EDIT: Perhaps this commit will fix it. Should be in the next autobuild. http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...b48c1d4f51

The commit appears to have solved the problem. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] How to create a (desktop) link to the autobuild game? (Fedora) NoClue 3 1,447 06-04-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Setting rsync autobuild to "Xonotic-High" Danfun64 1 1,297 10-05-2022, 01:23 AM
Last Post: irisxerno
  [NEED HELP] cant start the game/ session lock problem skyghost47 1 2,798 10-24-2020, 11:50 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SOLVED] Playerstats on new Autobuild -maniac|Su- 1 1,649 08-09-2020, 10:28 AM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
  [NEED HELP] Unabel to start xonotic in xubuntu 18.04 prateekgs555 0 1,773 12-24-2018, 09:42 PM
Last Post: prateekgs555
  [NEED HELP] XUbuntu playing with drivers and now Xonotic doesn't start Bla1 9 6,010 05-15-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Bla1
  [SOLVED] Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite oger 12 14,316 07-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEEDS INFO] NetRadiant fails to compile with latest nvidia driver Maddin 6 6,093 03-25-2015, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Maddin
  [SOLVED] How can i make an icon to quick-start Lan-game ? Old Enzo 3 6,120 12-07-2014, 06:58 AM
Last Post: GoregeousGuy
  [NEED HELP] Weird Display Issue w/ Benchmarking Autobuild gamingwithnetbooks 2 3,841 11-13-2014, 08:35 AM
Last Post: gamingwithnetbooks