Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playermodel - UBot

I decided to finally rig the UBot and make it a playable character. I know it's not wanted officially in Xonotic, but I'm sure many will love it as a mod. Original model here.

If anyone's wondering why it has no LOD models, it's because none are needed. The model is fairly low-poly and high quality, so subdividing or un-subdividing would both look wrong and be pointless. Animations are the same as Erebus, but the armature bones were modified to accommodate the limbs, so deformations have different proportions.

v1.1: link 1, link 2, GIT. Screenshots (yes, I use pics.nexuizninjaz.com, stop discriminating):

[Image: 193qlnqmde3xs99q4tb_thumb.jpg] [Image: 2e4kmisodnd2iomjfgi4_thumb.jpg] [Image: mspmukkxm0vw5vwpq1r_thumb.jpg] [Image: 7kw7nmqgao3vxpzj1erg_thumb.jpg] [Image: ipbtne9s63lymxww842_thumb.jpg] [Image: bjcv8m0f0ut7rnl47xa_thumb.jpg] [Image: 3ssllpxfs22jruh62fn5_thumb.jpg] [Image: 1udtm153eg6r05gpcra_thumb.jpg]

Woah, cool! That's *really* awesome model. I like how it looks a little bit like Wall-E. Smile

Err nvm the package didn't dl propely with wget oh and THANKS for the new model. If I had spare $$$$$ I'd get you to make me a The Tick model lol

Code:
[img]http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/078/057/original/TheTick.jpg[/img]
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(10-05-2013, 02:40 PM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: ...
Screenshots (yes, I use pics.nexuizninjaz.com, stop discriminating):

Its not discrimination, its that 8 times out of 10 it simply does not work. You have to retry over and over for every single image, no fun for anyone.

(10-05-2013, 03:47 PM)end user Wrote: Err nvm the package didn't dl propely with wget oh and THANKS for the new model. If I had spare $$$$$ I'd get you to make me a The Tick model lol

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/078/...heTick.jpg

Judging by that image, it would be easy to turn half-masked Ignis into it. Just colorize the suit from black to blue and add ears... face can stay almost the same. But it's not something I'm interested in so I won't do it myself... unless I would get paid Tongue

end user, please don't embed gigantic images.

Now this is gonna be cool. I was always disappointed that no one was able to animate this the first time around when it was introduced for Nexuiz.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Updated to v1.1, new links in first post. I changed sounds to use the new robot voice which is more fitting.

Will there be a bots.txt for this model in the future?

(10-07-2013, 09:53 PM)Orbiter Sunblast Wrote: Will there be a bots.txt for this model in the future?

Since this model isn't wanted for inclusion, it's a bit more tricky. You can only have one bots.txt file selected at a time, and if each mod had its own they would override each other. So the only way is to manually edit bots.txt and add it there.

(10-06-2013, 05:19 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: unless I would get paid Tongue

PM me the cost requirements and I'll think about it Tongue
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(10-12-2013, 10:32 PM)end user Wrote: PM me the cost requirements and I'll think about it Tongue

It's actually too easy to pay someone for it. Try making a blue skin for half-masked Ignis. Usually I edit other models too since I can barely make any good ones from scratch.

Anyone still got contact with the original author of this model (Oblivion, see http://opengameart.org/content/ubot ) and could ask if he would be willing to relicense it under CC-by-SA? I would like to make an adapted version for Warsow, but right now it is GPL only which makes it license incompatible to the animation set I got Sad

I tried emailing him through this forum, but no reply...

He is probably just a ghost now, Oblivion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Gametype Invasion, Playermodel Bots Dan Hover 9 6,035 01-26-2019, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Dan Hover
  Playermodel - Terminus MirceaKitsune 28 29,188 10-08-2013, 03:40 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune