Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Frag Video] ct lk bflo

So, over the summer I was playing like garbage in this game. Too much rust and little to no confidence left me without much "game" so to speak. Over the past week I've been playing a lot with people like thimo and antibody, and I've been able to regain some of my lost form. With my youtube channel mostly idle, I decided to put together a video of all of my half-decent frags from the past week. I put this together in an evening and quality is not a major concern. My only regret is how dark it turned out to be.

Every frag in this video is from the last week, with one notable exception. The final frag in the video is from a month ago but it was too pretty to not be featured in a video Big Grin

[Image: 2823.png]

Very nice!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Supreme stuff! Hope you do another one sometimes =)) Crazy electrocketeering((!))
Im good at dying, i can do it very nicely, like movie-worthy. My primary skills also is mass respawning, but thats a different story that i will tell another time.

anyway Big Grin good work srkdy and STAY ACTIVE! we need your Sidney Crosby -skilled electrocketing =D

Cool! Frag movies always best.

But maybe use brighter settings in your next one. :O

ye, and them rockets. Srkdy, you sir is Rocket God.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Right. Insane Rocketlauncher action you got there! But I have to admit that I did not liked the Electro spawn rape on Stormkeep through the warpzone. It just doesn´t feel right somehow...

Nevertheless, this is still a great fragmovie! Smile

heh, yeah unfortunately the current spawnsystem doesnt favour some of the most played duelmaps and thats quite normal spawnkilling these days >=)

Why is every one from two frag movies just expressing the player's low self-esteem? Just brag that you're fucking awesome, that's less annoying.
Great video, although bit too much contrast/dark. And why is that spawn system even on anymore? Does somebody honestly like it?

(11-05-2013, 01:35 PM)Mirio Wrote: But maybe use brighter settings in your next one. :O
(11-06-2013, 04:49 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Great video, although bit too much contrast/dark.

I made this video in an evening. I used the brute force approach, 2 straight hours finding/recording clips, then 3 hours editing. Because I'm silly, I didn't check the quality of lighting in my recordings, as it looked normal in-game. Next time I will have a better config running. Lessons learned! Wink

(11-05-2013, 04:38 PM)Maddin Wrote: But I have to admit that I did not liked the Electro spawn rape on Stormkeep through the warpzone. It just doesn´t feel right somehow...
(11-06-2013, 02:40 AM)thimo Wrote: heh, yeah unfortunately the current spawnsystem doesnt favour some of the most played duelmaps and thats quite normal spawnkilling these days >=)
(11-06-2013, 04:49 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: And why is that spawn system even on anymore? Does somebody honestly like it?

I did feel kind of dirty with those stormkeep spawns. I do prefer the new system to the old way, as there's no more having people spawn 2 feet away from you. In the past, I'd get a kill in the hagar room on stormkeep as I battle for the mega. Then, as I make the jump to mega, spinda would spawn behind me and get me with a shotgun blast in the back for the kill. I'd win the battle, but lose the item due to randomness. That was a lot more frustrating than dying 3-5 times in a row.

I honestly don't know how I'd like to see it fixed/changed, so I highlighted it in this video in hopes of starting a conversation.

(11-06-2013, 04:49 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Why is every one from two frag movies just expressing the player's low self-esteem? Just brag that you're fucking awesome, that's less annoying.

Not sure what exactly you mean by that. My self-esteem isn't low, I know exactly what I'm capable of in this game. The thing that's been lacking is my trust in my ability to execute these things. Without that trust in execution, I had been playing a stale boring style. Nothing really happened that was video-worthy. Now that I have some of that trust in my execution back, there's more swagger in my game and I was able to scrape together enough frags from a week to make this video.

This video, taken on it's own, is all about those kills with style, i.e. "bragging that I'm fucking awesome". It's my warning that I'm coming back, and I'm bringing my rockets with me Wink
[Image: 2823.png]

[Image: xrBpfaC.jpg]

(11-06-2013, 01:46 PM)srkdy Wrote: Then, as I make the jump to mega, spinda would spawn behind me and get me with a shotgun blast in the back for the kill. I'd win the battle, but lose the item due to randomness. That was a lot more frustrating than dying 3-5 times in a row.
Well, at the least the randomness effects both ways. I preferred bad luck over organized spawn kill streak.

Personally I wasn't a huge fan of quite some of the frags, although I liked a lot of them also. The electro spawn killing was ++ Smile

Then I remembered you only collected this stuff from one week's worth of playing, so it's actually a lot of footage so well done!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Very nice! I've enjoyed watching the movie, lot's of sick rocket-curved frags!
As for the electro spawn raping, iirc there's some work WIP for better predicting real distances through warpzones (also, sound networking through them, woah!), so I hope that issue will be solved in a later release.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

DEM ROCKETS DOE!!!
[Image: 29271.png]

<Samual> Everybody better be playing I Wish by Skee-Lo, it is the song of my duels!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,668 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,765 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,662 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,859 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Last Post: zeroql
  Demos from the Crypt (Xonotic VIDEO) kojn^ 7 4,774 02-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 3,965 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
Video Xonotic: Video on Demand (VoD) node357 434 345,049 12-08-2017, 03:49 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Some non-pro gameplay video unfa 9 6,834 07-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 14,809 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM