Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic players in Warsow.

I start to play warsow, and as far i know some other guys from xonotic too.So maybe make some fun(or not) team in warsow?
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

Oooooor play Xonotic.

I can play both, also i play it for fun, too much xonotic hurts my psyhic Smile
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

I'm interested, I play bomb and ca.

deserters will be shot.

But youll have to go and play warsaw to do that.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

I'm in for fun team :p

Mirio: I still prefer Xonotic <3

(01-27-2014, 04:13 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Shitty netcode, no thanks.

umm.. could you explain what you mean? for me, for example, it's one of those things that distinguish wsw from the crowd. without going into details, I can say that almost every day I play on NA servers (and I'm just on the other side of the globe). most other games are not playable especially in this situation..

btw, I can't say that's easy for me to play both games at the same time (despite certain similarities)
x

Well I played it a bit along with Alien Arena, looked fun but couldn't get past the cartoon characters. I think if would be better if the whole game was cartoon like the characters.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(01-29-2014, 04:43 PM)end user Wrote: Well I played it a bit along with Alien Arena, looked fun but couldn't get past the cartoon characters. I think if would be better if the whole game was cartoon like the characters.

it is...

(01-29-2014, 09:51 AM)_naem Wrote: umm.. could you explain what you mean?

It just seems to me there's no lag compensation at all, railgun hits aren't hits with just even a slightly bit of extra ping.

(01-30-2014, 07:12 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: It just seems to me there's no lag compensation at all, railgun hits aren't hits with just even a slightly bit of extra ping.

well, there is lag compensation. and it is enabled by default. cl_extrapolate ("1": new prediction model which came with 0.6, gives "-20 ms" to the real ping and smoothes movement of the models. "0": disable, in result higher but real ping, movement of the models less smother but more accurate).
personally I have it always enabled (though i have bind to switch).

about railgun difference: from my expirience it's easier to shoot enemy with minstanex then in warsow, but harder with nex (there is no difference between electrobolt and instagun in warsow in this aspect)

the reason for your feelings, I think, in something else.
some assumptions:
*difference in hitboxes (octagonal in wsw). bigvic model fits it better (padpork is ok too)
*some settings. just in case you did not have time to configure it
-m_raw (raw mouse input, should be "1" if possible ("0" by default))
-cg_oldmovement ("1" for quake-style (CPMA like) movement, "0" (default) gives +forward accel (not the same as xonotic current movement), harder to hit and move for me (although used by some pro duelers without apparent reason))
*dunno. maybe you constantly play on a very low ping?. not my case. higher ping means less flick shots ofc. but i'm fine with that
well that is my guesses..

anyway everyone is free to try and play one (or both) of these games. i just think netcode should not be the reason

I have to agree with Smilecythe that the electrobolt feels totally different than the nex or the minstanex. Personally I don't really feel an accuracy difference between nex and minstanex, but whenever I play Warsow (which is fairly seldom partly due to this), I find the electrobolt totally useless as I never seem to score a hit when pressing the fire button happens with the enemy in my crosshair. I always seem to have to miss the enemy slightly, and then I have a chance of hitting (or not).

I admit to be highly biased as I am used to Xonotic for so long time already, but to me it really feels like with nex/minstanex I mostly score a hit when I fire with the enemy in my crosshair, whereas in Warsow I mostly don't.

Otherwise I think Warsow is a very nice game, I love the cartoon look and how elegant and fast people move in CA (which I totally can't reproduce).
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(01-30-2014, 07:12 AM)Smilecythe Wrote:
(01-29-2014, 09:51 AM)_naem Wrote: umm.. could you explain what you mean?

It just seems to me there's no lag compensation at all, railgun hits aren't hits with just even a slightly bit of extra ping.

I've never had this problem, I hit rails with 200+ ping on warsow without leading my target. When did you play last?
[Image: 237.png]

(01-30-2014, 12:42 PM)_naem Wrote: ...
about railgun difference: from my expirience it's easier to shoot enemy with minstanex then in warsow, but harder with nex
Unless something changed the code path that handles nex and minstanex is 100% identical; the only difference is damage and visuals. So any perceived difference between the two in ease of use is in you head Tongue

Of course refire / animation time and such may also be different; perhaps thats what you 'feel' As for the way xonotic deals with this, its fairly a fool-proof anti lag (player location are "scanned" back in time) system for all hitscan weapons.

(01-29-2014, 05:28 PM)Greaserpirate Wrote:
(01-29-2014, 04:43 PM)end user Wrote: Well I played it a bit along with Alien Arena, looked fun but couldn't get past the cartoon characters. I think if would be better if the whole game was cartoon like the characters.

it is...

'No to me the character style (cartoon) didn't fit with the level designs I saw. Anyways not my cup of tea, I think Alien Arena looked better but that's just personal taste.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(01-30-2014, 12:42 PM)_naem Wrote: about railgun difference: from my expirience it's easier to shoot enemy with minstanex then in warsow, but harder with nex (there is no difference between electrobolt and instagun in warsow in this aspect)
Difference might be in the fire rate, some instagib servers in Xonotic have faster fire rate than default Minsta/Nex.

The mouse to me while playing warsow feels wierd. I cannot explain how or why but it just does it to me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any FFXIV Players around? thimo 12 8,329 06-12-2017, 02:27 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Warsow 2.0 released with nearly all assets CC-by-SA poVoq 3 4,456 12-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic + Warsow extone 74 75,665 07-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  This cheap ripoff will have 100 times as many players as Xonotic.... asyyy 15 18,596 02-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Terraria players here? neXus 5 6,030 01-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Hero
  Warsow goes 1.0 Micha 24 20,972 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Last Post: frostwyrm333
  Hitler vs Instagib in Warsow Apr0ph1z 9 9,739 12-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  A Let's Players rig in ALSA/Pulse/Ubuntu Natty - how? Minkovsky 4 5,811 06-18-2011, 04:26 AM
Last Post: Minkovsky