Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toxikk - Arena FPS

+5 for having drum&bass music in the game.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

New patch released, includes now CTF/VCTF called Cell Capture. New map and gameplay is up on youtube for those interested Smile.

Map looks superb I have to say!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Fatal1ty playing Toxikk atm http://www.twitch.tv/fatal1ty

Heard he's been playing it quite a bit!

New patch out tomorrow with a new classic map also.

Duel mode out later this month also and LMS I think.

Moving into my fiancees asyyy even though her mum downgraded the internet its still 3.5x faster then my old connection Big Grin although it has dropped once or twice but should be a lot better once I get the PC up and running hopefully this weekend!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Think new UT is better then toxikk by alot, but that's just my opinion.
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

I might be up for some matches this weekend too, kojn.
Have been rarely at home lately and my laptop cannot run 3d games .. Big Grin

@ zeroql
I agree that the new UT looks great, but the movement is so clunky. I like however that they are going back to the roots, but will it be appealing to anyone but a crowd of old ut players? Another problem is that the mouse input feels shit unless you got high fps, not like quake at all Sad

UT4 is closer to UT99/UT3 than 2k4, so only 2k4ers would be least pleased with this really. Me personally, I prefer my UTs clunky. 2k4(and Toxikk) is too much flying imo. If I wanted fast and smooth movement, I'd go for Quake.

Unreal Tournament 2015 is UT99 at it's core mixed with a few things from Unreal Championship 1 (which was very different from UT2k3/UT2k4) & 2 as well as a couple things completely new to the franchise as a whole. It has the base model of UT99 minus the ripper (bring it back dammit!) combined with wall jumps (but no double-jumping), wall slides, floor sliding, a dodge system that doesn't require double taps (something that always caused me to fall off maps in previous games) a super clean aesthetic like UC2 that still somehow remains similar to UT99 in terms of realism, and non-placeholder weapons that are essentially newer models of what existed in UC1 (which in turn, were improved UT99 weapons made specifically for competition. Not nerf guns like in UT2k3/UT2k4 or steampunk and Gears-styled contraptions like UT3). There's still hardly any blood or gore, the amount that exist is lower than that of UC2. Sound wise almost everything is UT99 and UT3, only one or two things exist from other UT games in this regard and there's word that the original composers for Unreal/Return To NaPali and UT99 will return, though it should be noted that the main theme sounds like it took more influence from UT2k4's menu remix. Interface layout is virtually identical to Unreal Gold and UT99, just given a modern look.

Toxikk is essentially the spiritual successor to UT2k4, but borrows a lot from more grounded games like Halo for it's weapons. UT2k15 got it's dodge input from this game. It features double jumping and wall jumping just like UT2k4 did, though wall jumping is a lot easier to do this time around. In terms of outdoor gameplay, it will kick the shit out of UT2k4 and UT3. In terms of more traditional arena play, it's going to fall behind it's competition. Aesthetically, it's very detailed and occasionally cluttered like a lot of the Unreal games were, but has a very realistic look to it. Interface is laid out similar to UT2k4.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New FPS fan website MarisaG 4 5,224 09-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: MarisaG
  Is Open Source Multiplayer FPS as a whole dying? Danfun64 9 9,962 01-13-2018, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Arena shooters in a nutshell Smilecythe 0 3,341 08-28-2016, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
Wink Splatoon, Cause Nintendo Can FPS Too Orbiter Sunblast 2 4,484 07-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Orbiter Sunblast
  Cool new FOSS multiplayer FPS (Terminal-Overload) poVoq 22 33,755 10-23-2014, 07:07 AM
Last Post: poVoq
  Seems there's a resurgence in high speed and arena FPS games now Lee_Stricklin 12 23,471 09-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Arena Gladiator Fights are dead! aa 0 3,156 03-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Last Post: aa
  Your history as a fps-player? xvlL 30 23,678 07-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Evropi
  Does playing Arena shooters like Xonotic make you better at slower paced games? Shadowman84 6 8,963 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mepper
  PC focused, fast-paced, mmo-ish FPS from DOOM/Quake dev W4RP1G 8 9,863 05-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin