Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Font - Ubuntu

If you find the standard font difficult to read, like i did, here is a pk3 with the Ubuntu font and a cfg ready to use in xonotic.

After reading this page ( http://font.ubuntu.com/licence/ ) i think its legal to include the ubuntu font in the package.

To use the font, copy the pk3 to your data folder of your xonotic installation and type
Code:
exec font-ubuntu.cfg
into the console (shift+escape)

ps: i recommend "con_textsize 12" for this...

Screenshots:

[Image: Plg2YXLl.jpg]

[Image: PKnX7NOl.jpg]

how to scale them down? Smile
thnx antibody!

Attached Files
.pk3   font-ubuntu.pk3 (Size: 426.16 KB / Downloads: 28)

Would you mind putting a screenshot of how it looks here so people can have a preview before doing this?
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

That looks cool. Huge screenshots though Big Grin

That does indeed look good. Thanks JoeMaro!

Looking good actually. And yes the screenshot is tiny.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(02-04-2015, 06:31 PM)aa Wrote: And yes the screenshot is tiny.

how can i change the size?

I've edited your post. Imgur lets you append an 'm' or an 'l' to the image when linking to shrink the size. I've made your embedded images use the 'l' suffix and added links to view the full size.

See here for more details about the Imgur API.

@JoeMaro, thank you. Although the official Xonotic font is very stylistic, the Ubuntu font font is very easy on the eyes.

I encountered two problems though:

1. Some player names aren't showing in the game due to some missing symbols. Any way we can merge the two fonts, or devs, can we have a fallback font?

.png   missing_characters.png (Size: 46.27 KB / Downloads: 117)

2. I'm getting

Code:
Warning: Could not expand $scr_centersize

Ideas?

In the font config file (font-ubuntu.cfg), make sure to include Xolonium as a fallback, e.g.
Code:
loadfont user0 fonts/ubuntu-r,fonts/xolonium-regular,fonts/unifont-5.1.20080907,gfx/vera-sans 12 // menu font

@sev, thanks! That solves problem 1 perfectly.

I just noticed that font-xononium.cfg also has problem 2. Perhaps it's intended as an optional parameter?

(04-22-2015, 05:25 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: I just noticed that font-xononium.cfg also has problem 2. Perhaps it's intended as an optional parameter?

My best guess is that scr_centersize once was used as a variable, but got removed from the code.
However, it wasn't removed from the font config files, which still try to access it, which causes the warning.

I currently don't have time to look into this, but have put it on my todo list, in case no one else fixes it in the meantime.

@sev, you are right. It was removed 4 years ago by terencehill.

I can do it if you can show me what to do with lines like these:
Code:
loadfont user1 fonts/xolonium-regular.otf,fonts/unifont-5.1.20080907,gfx/vera-sans 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 20 24 28 32 $hud_fontsize $scr_centersize // csqc font
loadfont user2 fonts/xolonium-bold.otf,fonts/unifont-5.1.20080907,gfx/vera-sans 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 20 24 28 32 $hud_fontsize $scr_centersize // csqc bold font

Or perhaps @terencehill can do it?

Nice research.
The loadfont command is explained in qcsrc/dpdefs/csprogsdefs.qh:808 (grep ftw):
Code:
//  loadfont fontname fontmaps size1 size2 ...

The command expects an arbitrary sequence of sizes. Hence you can simply remove $scr_centersize at the end, and all works fine:
Code:
loadfont user1 fonts/xolonium-regular.otf,fonts/unifont-5.1.20080907,gfx/vera-sans 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 20 24 28 32 $hud_fontsize // csqc font

Thanks @sev. Submitted the changes.

update: now merged

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remove color font from scoreboard and drag notify, but not chat Molnija 6 5,163 09-14-2018, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Molnija
  using the Xolonium font TheGoodGamer 4 4,362 04-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Last Post: TheGoodGamer
  Xonotic new font zeroql 21 20,551 08-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Last Post: machine!