Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you for 0.8, and for the past 10 years together!

Heart 
I would like to thank every developer, player and supporter who let 0.8 to happen!

I know I am not around lately as much as I would like to be (real life got in the way, and tbh. my focus is also shifting), I know I made zero efforts for 0.8, (and as I can see, most of my work from the past slowly fades away too Big Grin ), however, I just realised that this year, I'll be with this constantly changing, but beautiful and helpful community for TEN YEARS!

I have so much fond memories, like waiting for Nexuiz 1.0 to be released, playing with only those handful few people from the forum, discovering trickjumping, developing my first map, playing it online for the first time, playing CTF for long hours in the night, and chatting with people on IRC about fun stuff and serious topics too till it's dawning, playing in funny clans, building towers, the brainmelting PB server, seeing the game evolve and helping with ideas, see Nexuiz fall but eventually rise from it's ashes as Xonotic, the anticipation, the active development of the first few months for the first version, pulling my hair for the constant delaying of 0.6 Big Grin, all the games, tourneys I played, watched, all those thousands of b33rs we drank all these years...!

Seriously, you guys are the best! I'm glad and thankfull for the past 10 years with you all! Let's begin another 10 together, shall we?

Long live Xonotic!

Artifex armifer digitis dextris, oculis occultis!

One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

<3

I'm not yet at the ten year milestone myself but it's getting closer :o

(01-25-2015, 05:00 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: <3

I'm not yet at the ten year milestone myself but it's getting closer :o

2016 for me!

First screenshot ever (original resolution):

[Image: 2rqbbXz.jpg]

Hehe, that's Facing worlds for Nexuiz! Smile

I just realised I'm officially over 10 years by months now. The Internet wayback machine tells me my first (though unregistered at that time, yes, forums allowed that!) post on the very first alienTRAP forum dates back to Aug 5 2004!

http://web.archive.org/web/2004092912493...howtopic=9#

I registered on the forum a few days after 1.0 was released:

http://web.archive.org/web/2005112814342...owuser=136
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I got 6 years left for that! xD

No no no...thank YOU CuBe0wL!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Now 2,6 years for me.
I played only offline until the 24th of december, but now 2,6 years of Xon for me.
[Image: 22172.png]

I do hope your focus doesn't shift so much that you stop stopping by this place. I really appreciate your presence in this project!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Yep, 10 years for me, too. It's been people like You that made this project and community one of the best experiences ever.
4m038105 - Be the change.

NO U

;o)
My Xonstats Profile

2022 and I'll hit the 10 year mark, geez if Xonotic isn't then I'm probably dead by then.

I guess that goes for me to by now. Time fly when you having fun eh? Smile

Yeah, I'd like to thank this community too. In May it's been 10 years for me.
But nowadays I just check in on the game when there's a new patch, I'm busy with other games/things now Smile

Sadly all of my old screenshots and demos etc got lost when planetnexuiz.de ftp died. It would be fun to see all those old 1.0 - 1.5 screenshots and demos now Big Grin

Major thanks to you Cube Owl for all the contributions and support over the last decade that have helped shaped this community and the direction of the game over the years!

I love the game but the community is what makes it what it is!

Boohoo! A ghost from the past says hi Smile The old Nexuiz days were fun, some of my fondest video game memories for sure. Nice to see some of the old guys are still around. I hope everyone is doing well and wish you all much fun whatever you all are up to.

Hi! Congrats on all the work guys, miss you guys heaps too
im still around but busy with work and family but im lovin life t
keep up the good work!

T

:^
[Image: 227.png]

(03-24-2015, 03:22 PM)-z- Wrote: Major thanks to you Cube Owl for all the contributions and support over the last decade that have helped shaped this community and the direction of the game over the years!

I love the game but the community is what makes it what it is!

z actually posted on the forums
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(03-28-2015, 09:27 AM)dim Wrote: Boohoo! A ghost from the past says hi Smile The old Nexuiz days were fun, some of my fondest video game memories for sure. Nice to see some of the old guys are still around. I hope everyone is doing well and wish you all much fun whatever you all are up to.

I remember you, my fellow but not so bright lamp, though I only had a couple of games with you. Back then I had no chance duelling you, as I was so low-skill. This has radically changed obviously, I'm a top 50 dueller by now (out of approx. 20 active duellers)! Come and try to beat up my ass now MUAHAHAHA)))

(03-29-2015, 10:13 PM)chooksta Wrote: Hi! Congrats on all the work guys, miss you guys heaps too
im still around but busy with work and family but im lovin life t
keep up the good work!

T

:^

<3

also, t

I might say thanks to this community at this occasion too - I've registered to the alienTRAP forums in 2008, but I played this game already for a year at that time. So this makes me be with this community for around 8 years or so, I guess. I've always liked to play games, but few ever tempted me to play online. First time I went online with Nexuiz, I still remember being utterly suprised by the concepts of laser jumping and bunny hopping (not to mention remote detonation of rockets...) and even more surprised by experienced players stopping by to explain the basic mechanics to me, inmidst a public CTF match and regardless of team color. All I did was asking nicely how they could possibly go that fast and jump so high.

Earlier, I was easily impressed by computer graphics, but nowadays I appreciate game mechanics and player community much more. This game has gradually pushed aside all other games I played, and with less and less free time to spare, is now actually the only computer game I play. Due to real life getting more packed already and ambitious plans lying ahead, this year will be tough for me in terms of free time but I did not loose interest in the game and will remain as active as I manage.

In that sense: Xonotic Team & Contributors: keep up the awesome work - and you all: maintain the community's friendly attitude and welcoming culture!
My Xonstats Profile

chooksta! t!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

<3 ill play again soon i promise!

T

t:^@=

Oh and up my rep to about 120 please hahahha and ill buy a new laptop and join in full time lol

Also whats [MoN] doin?
[Image: 227.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just a thank you for the help. SEEK-fried 13 7,640 01-30-2024, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  [Frag movie] 10 years of Mirification Mirio 16 16,700 12-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Blast from the Past! SC0RP 6 5,743 01-23-2014, 05:07 AM
Last Post: SC0RP
  Thank you, Xonotic! Rasputin 2 3,427 10-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Last Post: dylstew