Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDM Movie

I would like to put together a TDM movie, as I've decided this will be the last movie I make for Xonotic (bar a defrag one).

So anyway, I would like TDM demo's only. Please do not send in regular style frags. If you think it's exceptional send it in, I'll view it and record.

People must have footage from TDM Clan games, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. The 4v4 TDM games a few months ago for example, nationscup, or even just the many TDM pickup games over time you have played.

Can you pack the demo's into a rar/zip file along with a text document just stating what the frag basically is (short description will do), if your HUD clock counts up or down and state if it's a , clan TDM game, pickup game etc.

That's about it, I know people make a lot of good frags / frag runs / aim runs / air shots / quad runs etc, so please upload for me and link me.

If I don't get enough footage I'll just scrap the idea which would be a shame, but I need the content to create something good and memorable.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I'll be sure to tell my grand kids to look forward to this

I was more hoping you'd supply footage to be honest. If I get sarcastic remarks I just wont bother.

I deleted all my demos by mistake when deleting ~/.xonotic. Confused Will try to join TDM pickups! Tongue

(02-18-2015, 03:23 AM)kojn^ Wrote: I was more hoping you'd supply footage to be honest. If I get sarcastic remarks I just wont bother.
You're slow at making movies, we all know it and you know it, you don't have to take the joke the wrong way. Tongue

Also, I don't play TDM that much and those few frags that I got from TDM are either going to my own movie or are performed in those "ugly maps" which you turned down last time Tongue

I could send some mediocore frags or hilarious stuff though.

Unfortunately most of my demos got lost throughout the years, but I still have the Nationscup ones from 2012 on my HDD. There was a game we had against Serbia, it was on ospdm5 and we forced a last second overtime, maybe some of the players in that game remember it, that was some crazy shit =)

It's nothing crazy frag-related but I thought you might find use of it for you movie.

I tried playing back the demo on 0.8 but the map was bugged for me, I sent you a link for the .dem anyway, maybe my client is just bugged.

- fis

^What map is that? Your demo might be recorded on an earlier version of the map's current version, most of the time it's okay but sometimes there can be some irregularities.

The map is still the same nowadays, I assume the demo compatibility is not great after 3 years and a lot of changes to the game.

This is it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCORowxX...e&t=19m18s
Related: http://download.unconnected-clan.de/file...mic%29.jpg

My frags have been rejected for two kojn movies in a row.. Smile

Im away until a week on Monday so I will download them then and take a look, cheers!

fisume I never played you please come back!

Yeh time to get back in action fisume Big Grin you've had enough time to cool down yer nerves, xonotic will feel good again! Get back, and I make sure there will be good cups happening on this spring =)

On the topic, I will surely have some stuff on my TDM demos, very many spawnraping sprees from one spot, but I will not send that stuff, quite boring, just one 5frag spree from mirio is enough Big Grin
Got to scour some demos from some of the maps where my game has gone well. Will send anything promising I might find, if I even find. Also thanks for going back to movie-making kojn, so soon after the community movie number2 Smile much appreciated, luckily someone is still doing it. Respect, sir.

Fuck TDM movie, just make more community movies and thats it, we just need better camera capture options for xonotic.
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

@ZeroQL - tell us what is missing!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(03-08-2015, 03:44 PM)Antibody Wrote: @ZeroQL - tell us what is missing!

I need cvars like this:

fastforward # - jumps forward #(amout of sec) in demo
rewind # - rewinds back demos #(amout of sec) in demo

campath add - add current demotime and view as keyframe
campath remove - removes current demotime and view as keyframe
campath next - jumps to next keyframe/view
campath prev - jumps to previous keyframe/view
campath clear - removes all keyframes
campath load - loads the campath
campath save - saves the campath

Depth Of Field

saveDepth 0/1 - enables saving of depth screenshots. The depth is no layer in the standard screenshots, the depth is saved in separate tga files.
depthFocus ### - defines the spot that the depth will take as sharp point in distance from the camera
depthRange ### - defines how much the environment is faded / blurred related to the "sharp spot"
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

Agree, really do need CAM path's as part of Xonotic's recording capabilities, would make doing camera's so much easier.

Also would it be possible to have cam path speed's also, so you can change the speed that the camera moves along the path.

Mirio do you still have the demo for that game?

fastforward and rewind already exist since 2011.

Code:
exec input-demoseeking.cfg
ply demos/the-big-keybench.dem

// fastfoward by 60 seconds
seekdemo +60
// rewind by 30 seconds
seekdemo -30

Also, scrap TDM movie now. Send footage from anything, Duel, tdm, clan-arena, ctf etc. JUST SEND IN FOOTAGE!!

Also, if anyone has any funny fails/moments, with teamspeak also, or overtime etc Smile

Dude, I have a ton of footage. Shall I put up the clipped demos for you? I can get you 15 or 30 second demo files.

(02-20-2015, 11:03 PM)Fisume Wrote: Unfortunately most of my demos got lost throughout the years, but I still have the Nationscup ones from 2012 on my HDD. There was a game we had against Serbia, it was on ospdm5 and we forced a last second overtime, maybe some of the players in that game remember it, that was some crazy shit =)

It's nothing crazy frag-related but I thought you might find use of it for you movie.

I tried playing back the demo on 0.8 but the map was bugged for me, I sent you a link for the .dem anyway, maybe my client is just bugged.

- fis

Huh i heard rumors about that you aren't active anywhere since a long time ?!
[Image: 22172.png]

Open stats -> search for "fisume" (http://stats.xonotic.org/player/68) -> "Last played about 2 years ago."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,658 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,694 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,829 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,742 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,881 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 3,993 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,909 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
Video Xonotic: Movie collection zeroql 8 13,979 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 14,941 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Last Post: rixur
  [Frag movie] 10 years of Mirification Mirio 16 16,847 12-11-2016, 02:56 PM