Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name Change

Message Removed

Aha, I was wondering who Beagle was on the SMB servers today. Explains it all! Big Grin
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

Muhaha

Hi LinuxTux.
[Image: 230.png]

I changed IceCoffee's name to Beagle. I'm tempted to change his/her user picture to that of a beagle too.

I think I heard him ask for it.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Hi Halogene good to see you.

Hi Ice...Beagle! I can see it now!
My Xonstats Profile

Well, changing my name one last time due to Annoying Players bothering me to change it and players leaving because of the name "Beagle". My new name will be Kotaku.

(07-06-2016, 04:03 PM)Kotaku Wrote: Well, changing my name one last time due to Annoying Players bothering me to change it and players leaving because of the name "Beagle". My new name will be Kotaku.

Not sure why people are angry at "Beagle" but whatever.

IceCoffee is now Beagle is now Kotaku. Let me know when you get a cease and desist so we can change it again Tongue

Thanks Smile I don't know why people get pissed and leave due to the name "Beagle".

Common! I just started getting used to it! Now I have to start all over again!

Yes, I don't understand what's wrong with Beagle? It's a dog, and everybody loves dogs!
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(07-06-2016, 05:12 PM)Kotaku Wrote: Thanks Smile I don't know why people get pissed and leave due to the name "Beagle".

Ah. I don't know you so I can't judge, but here's some advice. If what they are reacting to is not the name, but rather the person they recognize behind the name, changing your nickname is not going to work in the long term...

I was fine with my old nick, ever since I changed to Beagle people just started laughing on every server I go and now it's getting old real quick. Not just few people, I mean everyone. And I get to many questions about why I chose that name.

This is the best post on this forum! In my opinion Mr Bougo is completely right. Players don't react to a name...but the person behind it. In that case it would have been best Beagle not to announce your "breaking news" name change here... But more to secretly adapt a new identity.

Kwakkie
[Image: 39855.png]

Alright, thanks. If I really wanted to change identites I would change my key file and use a vpn.

you will forever be known as Beagle to me. It is known
[Image: 38443.png]

Lol k.

Yep. Beagle was better

Give me 5 votes and I'll change to Beagle. Just Spam Beagle below this post.

Please do. I have never seen MrBougo rage. This seems like a perfect opportunity.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

All hail Beagle.

I'll go change back to Beagle permanently back now. I still don't get WHY EVERYONE WANTS ME TO CHANGE FOR SAKE. And I don't get what you mean "Rage" on Mr. Bougo. This is the last time I'll do a name change (Not because I want to, it's because of the community wants me to change.) This thread is going too far and silly. I think you guys are trying to make Mr. Bougo go insane.

We have a cease and desist from the Community this time. I'm done changing names, from now on I'll be using the name Beagle again permanetly. Mr. Bougo they're trying to make you go insane.

I liked Kotaku better, just to confuse you. You could also go for a total mix/screw-up and call yourself Ice Kotagle. Or Ice Beataku.

Actually the point is to pick a name that YOU like and then have the guts and use it no matter what anyone says. There'll always be someone trying to make fun of your choice, guess how often I've heard people calling me "lamp" and making witty remarks about it - actually some of them are really good at times and I've grown to enjoy playing along the puns.

So I recommend you to decide for yourself what name you like and stick to it. Why letting others decide or have a word in the decision under which name you appear, which is an integral part of your online identity? You decide who you are. You be yourself.

</pathos>
My Xonstats Profile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I change my nickname GoregeousGuy 40 37,447 02-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Pendulla
  Informing about a nickname change Dodge 3 3,342 07-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Forum name change ai 11 9,771 05-02-2013, 12:14 PM
  changed name, still me. s1lence 3 3,439 11-21-2012, 02:03 PM
  New name :) neXus 6 4,034 08-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237