Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Along came a Spider

Oh hell, I edited out the original post.

Ok, I was screwing around on eggsandbacon vehicles, and I either hit a bug or a firing mode of the spider vehicle I've never seen before. When it happened, I played with it for a bit and it was kind of cool, instead of the rockets firing directly at the target, they'd arc high up into the sky and land on the target. I could shoot over walls, it was kind of cool even if unintentional. Anyone know what this is? If it's an alternate firing mode, how do I make it happen (I can't seem to reproduce it again)?

The event happens at almost exactly 6 minutes in the demo

demo attached (working on video conversion, my machine is currently a Rube Goldberg contraption of Gentoo and Kungfoo Linux vm's...)

Attached Files
.zip   2015-07-28_23-46_eggandbacon_mod_vehicles.zip (Size: 6 MB / Downloads: 4)

(07-28-2015, 11:19 PM)Ogger73 Wrote: Oh hell, I edited out the original post.

Ok, I was screwing around on eggsandbacon vehicles, and I either hit a bug or a firing mode of the spider vehicle I've never seen before. When it happened, I played with it for a bit and it was kind of cool, instead of the rockets firing directly at the target, they'd arc high up into the sky and land on the target. I could shoot over walls, it was kind of cool even if unintentional. Anyone know what this is? If it's an alternate firing mode, how do I make it happen (I can't seem to reproduce it again)?

demo attached (working on video conversion, my machine is currently a Rube Goldberg contraption of Gentoo and Kungfoo Linux vm's...)

Yah that's normal.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(07-29-2015, 12:05 AM)end user Wrote: Yah that's normal.

I can't seem to reproduce it. I just get the regular alt-firing mode of the spider, rather than the lob/death from above mode?

Not sure the bind but the mouse wheel should change it. You'll see the targeting icon inside the spider change to a different shape.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(07-29-2015, 01:27 AM)end user Wrote: Not sure the bind but the mouse wheel should change it. You'll see the targeting icon inside the spider change to a different shape.

I don't know how I've missed this! Thanks.

Vehicles are awesome.

On some servers (namely the SMB & Jeff's vehicle servers), you can also use your weapon binds (1, 2 etc) to switch between these modes.
[Image: 230.png]

vehicle hud could really use a makeover to (among things) make those "extras" more visible. raptor also has this to switch between drop bombs and flares (get rid of lockons, if close enough) I dont even remember if there's multiple mods for racer's secondary xD

On the SMB mod the speedster can go under water by pressing shift I believe.