Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi I am neutrino78x

Hello!

My real name is Brian. I am 37 and from "Silicon Valley", which is part of the San Francisco Bay Area, in the state of California, in the USA. I served in the United States Navy on submarines from 1999 to 2003, my rank/rate was STS3(SS). The two boats on which I served were USS Florida SSBN-728 (same boat which has since been converted to SSGN-728) and USS Asheville SSN-758.

Right now I have a bad job; it does not pay well. Private security. I have an interview for a job with the Police Department next month though, and it will pay 60k during training and more thereafter if I get the job (which is still not much in silicon valley, but about five times what I make right now). Ultimately, I'm interested in getting into IT, or maybe being a merchant mariner.... Smile

I think Xonotic is an awesome game, although I find few servers with a low ping that have anyone on them when I am playing, since it seems that most players are in Europe. Smile

I think Europe is awesome and I would love to visit someday. I speak some French because I studied it in high school, but don't remember enough to hold a conversation, lol. Smile Perhaps I should start in Britain for that reason. Smile

On my desktop, I dual boot between FreeBSD 10.1 and Fedora 22. Mostly Fedora these days because I am having some weird driver issue with FreeBSD. I can get into X but if I run any GNOME stuff it will crash the X server. So yeah mainly Fedora. Smile On Fedora I usually run GNOME 3.16.2 as my GUI. Smile Specs are Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.66 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB hard drive, Intel integrated graphics. No graphics card in my main system, yet. If the police dispatcher job goes through, I'll definitely build a new PC with a Core i7 processor or maybe even dual Xeons, and a good graphics card. Smile

I also run Windows 10, on a laptop.

If you google my username, you will find me all over the internet. I do have a YouTube page with some computer game videos on it.

My YouTube page

If you go into the IT Videos playlist on there, you might be interested in the video of my dual boot setup and also the videos of the Games folder I made in GNOME, and the video of how to get Fedora 22 to boot faster (it booted in like 2 minutes when I first installed it on this PC, now I have it down to about 1 minute).

And this is my main page:

My main home page

I just uploaded a video of Xonotic 0.8.0 although soon thereafter I upgraded to 0.8.1 so I will have to make a new one already lol. Smile

--Brian

Hey Netruino78x I've seen you around a few times. I think your most interesting video is 'ants drown in burger king syrup'. Welcome Smile
[Image: 38443.png]

Welcome.

Welcome! Glad to have you.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Welcome to Xonotic I recommend you joining the Smb servers for a start off on Xonotic.

For help check out Halogene's newbie corner.