Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello world!

Just wanted to say hello. I've just started playing Xonotic recently, under the tutelage of SPLAT. I have a lot of experience with 1v1DM games. Some of you might recognize me from Warsow. Other arena games that I've played include(in order of how much I've played them) QL, CPM, VQ3, Q4, QW, Q2, and Reflex. I've also played Warcraft 3 and CS1.6 competitively. In 2008, I was sponsored by Team Excello for Warsow duel. I'm looking forward to some interesting duels and hope to progress toward the top of Xonotic duel.

Yes, I have a preference for Warsow, but I'm not here to tell anyone to play it or to make claims about it being better. So far, Xonotic feels very fresh and interesting to me. It seems that many of my skills and experience are helping me adjust rapidly in this game. I hope that I can soon offer those of you at the top a real challenge and present a unique and interesting playstyle for you all to try to crack. Cheers and GLHF. :]
[Image: 45653.png]

I'll be up and running playing over the next 3 weeks again, now I ping around 85 to the New York server (I'm from the UK), so will get some practice in with you and SPLAT Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Welcome to Xonotic, Lo!
[Image: 65153.png]

Welcome to the forums and to Xonotic in general! No worries about liking (or even preferring) Warsow. It's a great game - I don't think that the Xonotic community is in any way hostile or reserved towards Warsow - it's just a matter of personal preference what to play. Personally, I like Warsow, too, I just happen to be more familiar with Xonotic movement and prefer insane panic mode weapon comboing over selective switch delay. Well ok, the latter we sort of have in Xonotic too, but it's less dominant :o) If I had the time, I would probably also play Warsow every now and then, I like the dash, the speedup gained from dashing along arcs and the visual style.

You might want to check out the Newbie Corner even so you're an experienced player in order to get an overview of how the movement actually works and what the weapons do. Also you will most probably find the section about improving perception interesting :o) Meet other competitive players on #xonotic.pickup @ quakenet IRC.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Welcome my slightly older padiwon Smile
[Image: 38443.png]

Welcome, Lo! Here you will find one of the nicest communities in gaming. Smile Come to the SMB Kansas server sometime! See ya around!

Welcome!
[Image: 9214.png]

Good luck and have fun!
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello world! cannibalsticky 6 4,128 03-21-2016, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Hello world TropiKo 3 4,077 01-30-2015, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Hello, hello. (Hello) AlDeezy 5 4,215 06-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Last Post: .Danny.