Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slauncha!

Hi everyone,

since quite some time I was looking for a new project to get involved with. Preferably something futuristic and open source. Seems like I finally found something which might become my new 'home' Wink

Previously I was working on a larger scale MMORPG/FPS project which initially had been released around 2002. The company behind it filed insolvency twice and in late 2012 operations and the source was handed to a voluntary team which I became part of as lead developer for about two years. I enjoyed hunting down long standing bugs, memory leaks and exploits as much as implementing new gameplay features where possible.

Currently I am working as a PhD student in high energy physics and I am involved in the ATLAS experiment at CERN, so I am also earning my livings currently with programming nearly all day and night Wink In case all goes well I will eventually finish my thesis this year.

Slauncha,
Alduin

Welcome.

Welcome to Xonotic!

Hi and welcome! To get in touch with Xonotic developers, check out #xonotic on freenode IRC. Or jump right in and make yourself familiar with the source code at https://gitlab.com/groups/xonotic . Grab any open issue that interests you and try to resolve it. As usual with open source projects, any help with development is greatly appreciated.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Welcome!
[Image: 65153.png]